Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Healers. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Healer?
  Yes, reiki.
  Yes, herbal.
  Yes, both.
  Yes, other.
  No, interested.
  No, not interested.
View Results

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 am
Any other healers in this guild?

I'm going into herbal healing myself, starting with some of my local plant life. Turns out there are many plants that I see hundreds of everyday around here that are very useful to the human body. I've been reading a little about reiki healing, but I don't feel much of a connection with that, not like I do towards herbal healing.
I know there's a nice large book on herbal healing, but I don't remember what it's called. It's basically an encyclopedia. I plan on piking that up sometime, when I can afford it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:13 am
I'm working on it. I'm an RVT so I have basic animal medical knowledge, not so much human. I've been slowly learning herbal properties but I've found it difficult to find books that tell you how/when to harvest, how to preserve or extract the medicinal properties, or how to use the things. Plenty of places that say what they're good for but not how to use them safely.

I'm an energy worker already, so I do use some very light energy manipulation to aid healing that is already started. I'm looking for a Reiki teacher, but all the ones I've found within driving distance are a little shady, so no teacher yet.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:01 pm
I'm studying herbal medicines, and i found a book that i use often that tells you how to make the rememdies, what they're good for, how to dry and store herbs, and how to harvest them. wink if anyone's curious, i'll look up the name of the book. I've found that a majority of the rememdies list work quite nicely. =3

I'm actually trying to find a reiki teacher too, but i don't have the money most here require for the classes. -_-'  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:31 pm
I've been engossing myself in green witchcraft for a good while now and I've started to dwell into the interesting areas of herbal medicines and healing. I find it quite interesting and a wonderfully calming art. Reciently I have actually started to collect and harvest my own herbs which is greatly selfgratifying if I don't say so myself. Then again I suppose it is a luctury to really be able to grow and harvest your own plants and herbs these days, most of us living in urben cities and towns. But if you ever get the chance to even grow just a small bit, I say go for it.
Also I have been finding an odd facination with healing with the aid of crystals, its quite interesting in how thy work and maniuplate energies.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 pm
iHecate
I've been engossing myself in green witchcraft for a good while now and I've started to dwell into the interesting areas of herbal medicines and healing. I find it quite interesting and a wonderfully calming art. Reciently I have actually started to collect and harvest my own herbs which is greatly selfgratifying if I don't say so myself. Then again I suppose it is a luctury to really be able to grow and harvest your own plants and herbs these days, most of us living in urben cities and towns. But if you ever get the chance to even grow just a small bit, I say go for it.
Also I have been finding an odd facination with healing with the aid of crystals, its quite interesting in how thy work and maniuplate energies.

oh, i agree with you. There is something wonderfully relaxing in it. I live in the country, so i'm lucky enought o be able to have a small herb garden. Though, most of it was killed off in last year's frost and the drought that was here for three months killed the rest. I dug up and replanted the herbs i could in pots in doors. But sadly, the only ones that made it were my aloe vera plant and my Chamomile plant. I was so heart broken when they died. crying

Also, found the name of the book i was talking about a couple of posts up. It's called "Jude's Herbal Home Remedies" by Jude C. Todd. =3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 pm
I'm into energy work. Best of luck with your herbal studies. 3nodding  

RubyLight

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 am
I'm too lazy to do the amount of work necessary for a proper medical knowledge of herbs. Especially since I know a pharmacist and just ask her for stuff. Pharmacies are great. They have a whole big-a** section of herbs in pill form, with instructions and everything. Way easier than doing it myself xd and I know the dosages will be safe.

I've used St John's Wort before, in pill form, and aspirin seems quite popular although I'm more of a paracetamol girl myself. So I do see the value of herbal remedies. But not knowing my local herbs (I live on a freakish island inhabited by birds, birds that grew to freakish sizes!), I stick to s**t like lavender.

Also white sage would be nice to burn on charcoal, if I ever find myself a nice censer.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:46 am
Artistic Genocide
iHecate

oh, i agree with you. There is something wonderfully relaxing in it. I live in the country, so i'm lucky enought o be able to have a small herb garden. Though, most of it was killed off in last year's frost and the drought that was here for three months killed the rest. I dug up and replanted the herbs i could in pots in doors. But sadly, the only ones that made it were my aloe vera plant and my Chamomile plant. I was so heart broken when they died. crying

Also, found the name of the book i was talking about a couple of posts up. It's called "Jude's Herbal Home Remedies" by Jude C. Todd. =3

Thanks! I'm gonna go look that one up right now mrgreen  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Artistic Genocide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:00 pm
Shearaha
Artistic Genocide
iHecate

Thanks! I'm gonna go look that one up right now mrgreen

no problem. wink
just let me know what you think of it, okay?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:59 pm
I wish I was a healer (though, I suppose there were reasons why I'm not, lol). My best friend is an energy healer, though I'm not entirely sure how she does it.

raging-earth

Koigokoro Konjou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:00 am
My gran mother is teaching me herbal healing. She's a herbalist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:22 pm
Tenrai Kado

=O
Lucky! I'm stuck learning on my own. >_>'
and i started another Herb garden. only, it's inside now.XD  

Artistic Genocide

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 am
I don't know much about healing, but I'm interested in it. I think I might like to learn to use local plants for healing purposes though, and I hope to get a chance for some study soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 pm
Artistic Genocide
iHecate

Oh thats lovely, I live up in the moutains myself just outside of the city. Oh deary thats no good, lucky where I am I caugfht it before any frost happened. Well things happen, weather has her interesting moods I suppose but, be happy you were able to harvest and save even those to things. Its a wondering the grow and dry your own herbs. Is it not?
Hmm that sounds interesting, I shall have to look that up. I have a few herbal remedies passed down but thats it, I actually have bneen looking for a book on them.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:37 pm
Tenrai Kado

You are a lucky boy, its wonderful to have things handed down.
What a great experience.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games