Useful Thoughts (Ashiki & Halili) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:42 pm
User Image

She hummed softly to herself as she wandered around the pride lands. Msadizi had been talking for a while and had finally hushed to nap, or at least she assumed he was napping, and she was enjoying the quiet for the moment. It was peaceful.

She was glad that things were more peaceful now and that everyone seemed to be settling comfortably. It made her smile more to know that her home was once again the happy place she remembered at least as far as she knew.

She should take Msadizi's advice though and try to make more friends. It wouldn't do to be a workaholic her whole life. She'd miss out on things.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Ohhhh, boy. Where is Halili now?"

The tiger-striped lioness glanced around. Mountains had suddenly come across her path, and she only had one way to go; in. After wandering within their frightening heights for too long, she had managed to find herself in a ver lush, and gorgeous valley. The only problem was, she was too exhausted and weak to really enjoy it.

"Oh come on, Halili, you're fine. Let's go find something for you to eat and figure out where we are now," barked Kenna, irritated that no matter what she did, the lioness was always too weak of heart to keep her chin up.

Shooting a glare at the african grey parrot, Halili pulled her eyes away, trying to see if there was a good place to rest. It all seemed so lush, especiall compared to the unforgiving mountains they had just passed. She never wanted to eat anything kenna found again, ugh.

She wobbled as she walked forward, fighting to keep herself upright.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:03 pm
Her humming stopped as she heard voices. "Oh ..." She hadn't thought anyone else was out this far but it would be a chance for her to prove the little pygmy falcon wrong and make friends.

"Hello?" Padding toward the voices she called out hoping she could catch their attention and not startle anyone. Last things he wanted to do was scare someone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 pm
Kenna squaked, obviously irritated that she hadn't realized that there was anyone nearby either. "Halili, get yourself together!" she chided, worried that something not quite nice could come this way. If she acted like she was as weak as she was, it might not turn out too well.

Halili heard the alert, and rushed to try and not look so pathetic. The problem was, she was a mess, her coat looked like it could use one good long bath. Plus it was heart to hide the slight shaking of her legs as she held them taunt, stretched out slightly so she'd look a little taller than she normally carried herself.

"Oh, ummm," she started softly. "H-hello."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 pm
Spotting the stripped lioness she frowned slightly. She hadn't gotten where she was by not being able to tell someone wasn't at their healthiest. "Are you alright?" She paused and shook her head slightly so she could wake up the small falcon on her head. "Do you need help? I am a healer ... if you need anything." She was sure that the other lioness did with the way she looked. Even if it was just a bath.

"Mm huh?wha?" He fluffed slightly as he was shaken awake. "Oh dear ... you're a mess." Always blunt he didn't waste any time in taking in the state of the stripped one  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 pm
Her eyes glanced around, but she didn't see anything different. Kenna hadn't continued to freak out, so perhaps it was all right. She surely wouldn't forgive herself for not realizing that these two were here. No, Halili would be hearing the complains about that for quite some time.

As she was thinking to herself, the parrot took the lead.

"We have been wandering for a couple moons now, in search of a new place to call home. We were fairing well until we came across those mountains," she paused, pointing behind them with her wing before continuing. "As it was, they were unforgiving, and Halili is not the strongest of lioness'."

"Eheh." Halili offered a shy smile, letting her body relax as she slumped into the lush grass. It was so soft, she never wanted to get up.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:23 pm
"Traveling through the mountains isn't ever a good thing if you aren't in good shape." She wouldn't want to wander too far into them herself because of that. It just wasn't worth all the cold. "You have in fact wandered into my pride's territory. I'm sure no one would mind if you stayed here for a bit ... or maybe stayed if you liked it." She couldn't just turn them away if they'd been wandering that long.

"How long has it been since you've eaten?" He hopped off Ashiki's head and hopped over toward the other lioness. Ashiki could make small talk while he found out what needed to be doe.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:52 pm
Her ears perked forward for a moment. "Oh?" So they had hit some pride lands. It made her slightly worried, but the lioness before he reminded her that not everything was bad. She needed to stop worrying so much.

"The mountains were harder than they appeared," she said quietly.

"I fed her right I did," Kenna added with a puff of her chest. "There wasn't much up there for her to catch, so I had to do most of it." Her feathers puffed up as she shook herself. "Granted that the biggest thing I can get is a rabbit, I didn't help her very much."

Halili smiled softly, "It's okay Kenna, it was better than nothing." She turned to the lioness before her, so pretty. "Halili can only catch fish, er, somewhat. Too hard to hunt in her first home of the jungle."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:58 pm
"the mountains always look less threatening than they really are." She nodded slightly as she watched Dizi. "There is plenty of food around here, bigger food than rabbits, and hunters who catch things for everyone." She smiled brightly. She was glad for that since she was horrible at hunting anything but plants. "I'm sure we could find you some food if you want more?" The other lioness looked like she could use some.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 pm
Halili shivered. "M-maybe. Do you think...it would be okay to just sit here for a moment? Halili is very tired, she just wants...er, I, just want to rest for a second." She did, though, straighten herself up as she looked up at the lioness again, but this time with different eyes. She was very sweet to worry about a stranger so much. Her tail flopped against her side as she wondered just where she was. Kenna, who was still nearby but obviously curious as well, seemed content. Hmm.

"May Halili...may I ask for your name?" she asked, her eyes glimmering slightly in wonder.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:03 pm
"Of course." She nodded. She wouldn't want to make the tired looking lioness get up and walk all the way to the center of the pride lands if she didn't think she could. "I'm Ashiki ... and my little friend is Msadizi"

She smiled as she looked at the little bird who was still hopping around the stripped female. She figured he was looking for wounds that hadn't been mentioned. "he's a bit of a stiff."

"I am not!" He chirped  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 pm
She smiled brightly. "Halili! And this is Kenna," she gestured to the parrot. Not that it was obvious, already using their names, but Halili always had a simple mind.

She glanced around to catch the avian looking a little ruffled. She watched him curiously, only used to Kenna being quite so...annoying. Grumpily so, too. "Is something wrong?" she asked him, wondering exactly what he was doing.

Kenna grumbled. "He's probably checking you," she said in a huff, fluttering over to land on Halili's back. She watched the other avian carefully, still not completely convinced on everything. She couldn't help it, since she was practically Halili's mother in spirit. And might always be, too.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:39 pm
"It's nice to meet you." She smiled as she bowed her head slightly. "Don't mind him. He's just making sure that you're alright. We're healers so it' sorta .. second nature for us to do that." She laughed. "I promise he wont hurt you."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:44 pm
Kenna snapped her beak, and went still. Sulking, probably.

Halili's eyes widened, amazed. She looked at Ashiki with a new light. "That's amazing!" She never knew anything about it, so whenever she...and um...yeah. Whenever she had managed to injure herself, she didn't know what to do but to keep a wound clean. Anything else flew over her head. This was just awesome in the truth of the word.

"You must know a lot of things, then." This made Halili happy. She knew the basics, but she wasn't so dumb as to disillusion herself. "Halili amires you for that, wow."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:53 pm
"It's taken most of my life." Her cheeks fluffed slightly in embarrassment. "I had to study a lot to remember most of what i know." And even then she had to ask Msadizi for help a lot still. She couldn't remember everything. "My friend helps too. He's got a good memory." She looked at the little bird as he fluttered back up to sit on her head.

"She was dumb as a kid, really." He grinned knowing that Ashiki couldn't smack him up here. "Had to go ver things with her forever"

"You did not and i was not. I was just ... distracted."  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces