Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Twilight Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What team are you
Team Edward
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Team Jacob
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 pm
This is the place to tell ppl your say on, my favorite book, Twilight. So go ahead speak your mind nd ill go back nd respond to them as soon as i can. Okay go ahead nd speak plz I want to hear your say so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How does it feel to be a puppet on my string?

I've only seen the movie and I liked it. The soundtrack was pretty, the scenery was beautiful, and Jasper was cute.

I heard that Robert Pattinson got hit by a taxi when he was running from fangirls!

User Image
I am hollow... and I will live forever

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 pm
I loved the books. It was my first time reading about vampires actually. I was always "team Edward" though. Jacob wasn't a bad guy until he kissed her, like the a** that he is but he was the best friend, not the guy to fall for. The ending of the series was amazing though. Everything fit together nicely biggrin (in my opinion).
Howevr, I did not like the movie sad . I think the acting was the worst. EVerything in the movie was monotone, and it was so annoying. I realize that they had to cut out things and change others, and not everything from the book can be portrayed perfectly, but how they did it was not nicely done (once again, in MY opinion).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 am

I've only seen the movie and I liked it. The soundtrack was pretty, the scenery was beautiful, and Jasper was cute.

I heard that Robert Pattinson got hit by a taxi when he was running from fangirls!

If you liked the movie you would love the books you should read them asap youll never want to put it down and youll be wanting more and im happy to say shes s. meyer is now writing a series in edwards point of view yeahhhhh biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin (ps im not so sure rob got hit by a taxi so that i can not confirm or deny)  

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:39 am
gemela_dos
I loved the books. It was my first time reading about vampires actually. I was always "team Edward" though. Jacob wasn't a bad guy until he kissed her, like the a** that he is but he was the best friend, not the guy to fall for. The ending of the series was amazing though. Everything fit together nicely biggrin (in my opinion).
Howevr, I did not like the movie sad . I think the acting was the worst. EVerything in the movie was monotone, and it was so annoying. I realize that they had to cut out things and change others, and not everything from the book can be portrayed perfectly, but how they did it was not nicely done (once again, in MY opinion).

Didnt you just love Nessie heart See you picked a team i cant i love edward and jacob stare we all knew jacob liked bella nd we all knew at one time they were going to kiss so i dont consider him a bad guy when i look back on the book at the time a read it i hated him but now i mean neutral put yourself in jacob's view bella is falling for his worst enemy. I agree if you on the ending tho xd

I liked the movie but i want to change nd add a lot more... did you see the preview of new moon, IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:30 pm
I'm so glad Jacob cut his hair for the second movie. I LOVE men with long hair, but I didn't think it looked good on him crying

Which book was your favorite? I know a lot about the other books from listening to my friends talking, and I read a bit from the last one.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:57 pm
Sita Harker
I'm so glad Jacob cut his hair for the second movie. I LOVE men with long hair, but I didn't think it looked good on him crying

Which book was your favorite? I know a lot about the other books from listening to my friends talking, and I read a bit from the last one.

Im gald to he cut his hair but he didnt cut it it was a wig you know that right xd My favorite book was... BREAKING DAWN i just loved it heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 am
Sorry, but I'm not a fan. Because I don't feel like going into a huge rant, I'll just leave these points of my opinion:

1. Most of the main characters have bland personalities, if they have a personality at all. Since the actions of a book are supposed to be based on the thoughts and instincts of the characters, this makes the book's plot weak and extremely forced at best.

2. Bella is a terrible role model for the millions of teen and tween girls reading the books.

3. The movie is every bit as terrible as what I call the Eragon Debacle of 2007.

Lhia Dunwaith

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:19 pm
honestly i dont think they books are as well written as they probably could've been, but i did enjoy the movie. kristen stewart as bella wasnt believable for me, i didnt feel for her or care about her character. the other actors i think did an amazing job with their characters and i really felt like i was getting to know them in a way. overall i think they did a really job improving on the book and making it enjoyable.
just for the record i'm on team jacob! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:18 pm
gemela_dos

They did cut out a lot of parts but all in all im glad they made a movie  

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:20 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
Sorry, but I'm not a fan. Because I don't feel like going into a huge rant, I'll just leave these points of my opinion:

1. Most of the main characters have bland personalities, if they have a personality at all. Since the actions of a book are supposed to be based on the thoughts and instincts of the characters, this makes the book's plot weak and extremely forced at best.

2. Bella is a terrible role model for the millions of teen and tween girls reading the books.

3. The movie is every bit as terrible as what I call the Eragon Debacle of 2007.

okay i just wanna know if you read ALL the books and is one of the reasons you didnt like it is because its popular now  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:22 pm
x--stevee--x
honestly i dont think they books are as well written as they probably could've been, but i did enjoy the movie. kristen stewart as bella wasnt believable for me, i didnt feel for her or care about her character. the other actors i think did an amazing job with their characters and i really felt like i was getting to know them in a way. overall i think they did a really job improving on the book and making it enjoyable.
just for the record i'm on team jacob! blaugh

im both teams i cant pick one i didnt like kiresten too much either  

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 pm
User ImageNew Moon comes out in November, right?

I wish I found Robert Pattinson or Bella attractive. They came out with a magazine full of posters. If only they made a werewolf/villain issue!
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:14 am
i see that Stephanie Meyer has been accused of plagiarism!

of course, the other author could just be jealous

or greedy...

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/51730,news,stephenie-meyer-caught-in-twilight-plagiarism-row-jordan-scott-vampire-the-nocturne-breaking-dawn  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm
Sounds like another Gay Dumbledore to me- just looking for press (although they were very similar!)

I just made a "Twilight in 5 Minutes" movie with some school mates, so I'm feeling very Twilight-y ^_^ I was James!  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff