Submit

So...Would it?
  Oh yeah it would!
  Well, maybe...
  No! are you nuts?
View Results

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:14 pm
I think it would considering Edward's point of veiw is so much more complex but I want to hear what other's have to say first...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:47 pm
I'm not really sure, to tell you the truth.

If they could go back in time, and redo the entire Twilight movie I would think it'd be better if the movie wasn't in just Bella's perspective. Moreso from both Edward and Bella's perspective. Kind of like Midnight Sun and Twilight put together....

So you could see how interested Edward REALLY was when he was away, and went on that trip with Emett andn so you could see how he snuck into her room when she thought he hated her... and the conversations between Alice and Edward about the future.

It would have made Twilight (the movie) a bit more interesting, at least in my opinion!  

Jellycones

Itchyboobers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:53 pm
I agree with your wish for the movie to be a combination of both perspectives.

I found it very frustrating when the relationship in the movie looks like days pass instead of weeks/months. I think the sense of short time lapse has to do with the one sided perspective (Bella's viewpoint).

I believe if we saw more of Edwards viewpoint the movie would reflect a more lengthy complex relationship between them & the struggles each of them have as the relationship develops.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:21 pm
well my point being that there is just so much more going on in edward's mind compaired to Bella's in general confusion. and as for the way they did the twilight movie, they made it entirely physical attraction and nothing else. there is no depth to their relationship, pasts or characters. They didn't explain why they were interested in eachother, just that they were. and to be in love to risk one's life in a matter of days? yeah right, like anyone would really do that. especially someone as picky as edward who has stayed 'single' for how many years? not logical. and considering edward's character wasn't absorbed into Bella's looks his thoughts were more interesting. it was more understanding and coping with his family and what he is rather than just a long state of confusion. his thought process is just so much more complex and there for more interesting to me.  

Aradia Helevorn

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:07 am
yeah, i agree with that point!

the movie wasn't well put together :/ (the writing of it and the direction) i know it was kind of low budget, but they could have cut out some length in some of the less important scenes and added more depth and perception. a better look in edward's mind and what was going on with him would have made the movie much more interesting, and made more sense. now the people who just watched the movie and didn't bother reading twilight/midnight sun(well, the little that is posted) don't get the real idea behind edward and bella's relationship....and a movie made from a book is supposed to do that, make you understand everything if you haven't read the book beforehand.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:19 am
I think ti would be way better than from Bella's perspective. Like a side of a story. Plus Twilight is way better than the book, I'd have to say..

Ish Wicky

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm
Jellycones
yeah, i agree with that point!

the movie wasn't well put together :/ (the writing of it and the direction) i know it was kind of low budget, but they could have cut out some length in some of the less important scenes and added more depth and perception. a better look in edward's mind and what was going on with him would have made the movie much more interesting, and made more sense. now the people who just watched the movie and didn't bother reading twilight/midnight sun(well, the little that is posted) don't get the real idea behind edward and bella's relationship....and a movie made from a book is supposed to do that, make you understand everything if you haven't read the book beforehand.

exactly but instead they went with the sterio typical girl meets guy, guy likes girl, girl likes guy and bam relationship, but oh yeah, he's a vampire so it has the forbidden sterio type too. it was just aweful. unlike the book which went into why they care about eachother. in a way though Bella's kinda shallow. she did focus on his looks more than anything else, but a lot of why she loves him is a part of what he is. kind of an oxy-moron if you think about those same factors comming into play when he wants to kill her. she's attracted to her own death. how morbid. lol. but i can understand why edward would care in the book, she has marysue-ish qualities but if they were in a real person (how very impossible it would be) they would be quite something to find and have. not to mention the question of why he can't read her mind. that would be enough to make anyone curious when he can everyone else. and thats just their relationship. then factor in the vampire's fight against their own nature for a life of normalcy, its details are wonderful but the movie touches on none of them. so unless you like the sterio-typical chick flicks with no thought or content it's not a good idea. much less kristen's horrible acting but you don't want to get me started on that. lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:38 pm
maybe, but i dont really understand how the producers would manage that being that the book midnight sun is twilight but in edwards eyes... how would they twist it?  

SecksFayce

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:10 am
by either mixing the ideas or I think doing midnight sun on it's own would have been better. But my opinion might have been different if the movie was better. I found it very... Degrating to the book. A total butchery where it really counts.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:17 pm
I don't think so... This might just be me, but Edward would be super whiney and be almost as annoying as Bella's love sick puppy dog stuff...
I love them both. But i dont think i could handle it  

DncStar

Anxious Spook

27,025 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Master Converter 500

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:55 pm
User Image
I'd say it'd be interesting.. you know seeing tings from a stalkers POV. (I'm sorry but Edward sounded like such a stalker in MS) I'm sure I'd get a kick out of it though.

Watching Rob playing a creeepy stalker right until he and Bella get together would be a fun thing to see.

(sorry... I like MIdnight Sun, I do.. But Edward.. jeez man. He was Obsessed.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:21 am
I think she was trying to show his curiosity and devotion to bella and think about it this way... What if you could hear everything but one particular tv? It's turned on nothing is wrong with it but you still can't hear it. I don't know about you but I'd be taking it apart. Same idea and with nothing else to take up all his time... OCD kicks in. That's pry why bella sees him as perfect at evdrything. He's had the time to perfect anything.

Still Im not a fan of robs really but seeing him confused would have been funny. Better than kristen's porky pig demenstraition.  

Aradia Helevorn

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:05 pm
User Image
I dunno... curiosity is one thing, but stalking is a whole different thing.

I still see it that way.
Even if a t.v. doesn't work properly, I would probably hit it a few times, get mad, and then leave it alone until it started working again.

For Edward to be utterly consumed in Bella.. well they're both consumed with each other and honestly I can't imagine ever being like that. Probably because I'm not some one that becomes overly obsessed with someone I like. Sure I like them, sure I want to know them, but that doesn't mean I want to be completely engulfed with them to the point where I don't know anything else but them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:56 pm
I think it was suppose to start as curiosity but it did get weird but once they're together I can understand it perfectly. See I've been with the same guy for years and we are still almost freakishly attached. Before we were together we were friends for a years so I don't know what something that would feel like if it were sudden.

And as for the tv example. I'm stubborn and analitical by nature I'd have to figure it out or wonder what's wrong with me. LOL  

Aradia Helevorn

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm
User Image
once they're together I can understand. I was like that when I first started dating my girlfriend... which is the same case as yours, start off as friends and end up dating after knowing each other for a year.

Except now... my gf and I are not as close as we use to be and if I keep going on I'm going to feel like I should be talking to a therapist or something.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff