Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
I've been thinking lately... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:02 pm
The Twilight Saga would have made a good television series...
They wouldn't have had to cut out some major scenes...they'd change a few things of course, to make it more interesting...
but I don't think it would have been a bad idea!
That's just my opinion though. 3nodding

what do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm
Make it an anime, or a manga.  

Twilight Scribe

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:00 pm
oh i would love it as a tv series!! they could also show more on the cullen family...that was one of the most dissapointing thing in the movie that i thought they took out...even though i know what the charcters are like in the book but maybe other people have not read the books and also it would just be nice to see all the other charcters have more to them in it...
i think i tv series would be able to fit most of that in!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:21 pm
twilight would be so cool as a tv show that would be a show i would get hooked into emiditly...i think i heard something about they are going to make twilight into an anime.  

sasuke-kunxp

1,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

La Beaute

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:09 pm
It could have been a show, but I don't think it would've gotten the same publicity as it has now. (personally, I like it without the publicity) ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:06 am
If they made it into a T.V. show now, I'm pretty sure it would suck. And it's not because I think that Twilight has too much publicity, and the giant fan base has 'ruined the series', because personally, I don't care about the size of the fan base. Just because millions more people like it does not change anything about the series. I think a T.V. show now would be horrid because it would just be another money making scheme like the dolls or the perfume or the board game and puzzles and everything else. It would be used as a device to trick obsessed fans out of their money. A T.V. show just would not work at this point in time . . .

However, say Stephenie Meyer was not an author of books, but of T.V. scripts and Twilight was originally a T.V. show, I think it would be very interesting. It would make a good show, I would watch it. But it would only work if Twilight was originally made for T.V.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:11 pm
I haven't seen it, but I've seen commercials of a show called Vampire Diaries. There's been some vamp shows lately and personally, I enjoy the show True Blood. <3 ^^

Quote:
However, say Stephenie Meyer was not an author of books, but of T.V. scripts and Twilight was originally a T.V. show, I think it would be very interesting. It would make a good show, I would watch it. But it would only work if Twilight was originally made for T.V.

I would digg that. ^^ It would be more dragged out and we would get to know everyone more in-depth. Maybe have like flashback episodes of the Cullens.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm
3nodding twilight would make a good anime...or T.V. show  

Phantomheart17

Wealthy Rogue

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:09 pm
La Beaute
I haven't seen it, but I've seen commercials of a show called Vampire Diaries. There's been some vamp shows lately and personally, I enjoy the show True Blood. <3 ^^

Quote:

I would digg that. ^^ It would be more dragged out and we would get to know everyone more in-depth. Maybe have like flashback episodes of the Cullens.

I want to watch the Vampire Diaries. I know it's a book series, too, but it doesn't quite have the same publicity and it wouldn't feel like quite like they were making it just to make a s**t load more money.

Twilight would have made a good T.V. series . . . It kind of makes you think about what could have been . . .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:16 am
.Bucket.of.Joy.
If they made it into a T.V. show now, I'm pretty sure it would suck. And it's not because I think that Twilight has too much publicity, and the giant fan base has 'ruined the series', because personally, I don't care about the size of the fan base. Just because millions more people like it does not change anything about the series. I think a T.V. show now would be horrid because it would just be another money making scheme like the dolls or the perfume or the board game and puzzles and everything else. It would be used as a device to trick obsessed fans out of their money. A T.V. show just would not work at this point in time . . .

I wasn't saying make it a TV show now, haha. I think that'd be...pointless =( I think it would have been better as a TV show, rather than a bunch of movies. So...with just the publicity it had from the books, and nothing else but that publicity, put into a television show. =) but I totally see your point, and I agree!  

Jellycones

Jellycones

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:19 am
Ashley_whitlock
oh i would love it as a tv series!! they could also show more on the cullen family...that was one of the most dissapointing thing in the movie that i thought they took out...even though i know what the charcters are like in the book but maybe other people have not read the books and also it would just be nice to see all the other charcters have more to them in it...
Oh, I know. I was mentioning this in another thread - the movie would have been better if it wasn't in Bella's perspective. Meaning, it'd have more on the Cullens, plus the normal Bella stuff. I think if they could go back in time, they should have made Twilight into a television series so they could fit more of the Cullens into it, plus most of the stuff they cut out of the movies. =)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:21 am
sasuke-kunxp
twilight would be so cool as a tv show that would be a show i would get hooked into emiditly...i think i heard something about they are going to make twilight into an anime.
I heard that too. Not sure if it's true or not.

Also, Perez Hilton tweeted about there being a Twilight Comic Book. That should be interesting.... whee

Jellycones

Umi_Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 am
It's not a bad idea, I would defiantly watch it. If they do make a tv series they have to keep the integrity of the book unlike the first the first movie that jacked up alot of stuff!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm
Jellycones
Ashley_whitlock
Oh, I know. I was mentioning this in another thread - the movie would have been better if it wasn't in Bella's perspective. Meaning, it'd have more on the Cullens, plus the normal Bella stuff. I think if they could go back in time, they should have made Twilight into a television series so they could fit more of the Cullens into it, plus most of the stuff they cut out of the movies. =)

I really wished and thought they were going to explore the Cullen's side some more. That was one thing I was excited for about the movie, was that we were no longer tied to Bella as a narrator and we could see what else was going on. Bella's side of the story is somewhat dull, there is much more conflicting emotions on Edward's side (you'll know what I mean if you read the chapters of Midnight Sun). Bella just decides "Okay, I love you, let's be together forever", whereas Edward is deeply conflicted and must decide between what he wants and what he knows is right. And I'm pretty sure there was a lot of action involving the chase with James.

I think there was a lot of potential that had gone unclaimed with Twilight. So much of the other side of Twilight could have been explored but was left untouched . . . A T.V. show would have had so much more time for us to see the other side of the story. It may have been better as a T.V. show.

There's two sides to every story, and we only go to see one . . .

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Ashley_whitlock

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:28 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Jellycones
Ashley_whitlock

I really wished and thought they were going to explore the Cullen's side some more. That was one thing I was excited for about the movie, was that we were no longer tied to Bella as a narrator and we could see what else was going on. Bella's side of the story is somewhat dull, there is much more conflicting emotions on Edward's side (you'll know what I mean if you read the chapters of Midnight Sun). Bella just decides "Okay, I love you, let's be together forever", whereas Edward is deeply conflicted and must decide between what he wants and what he knows is right. And I'm pretty sure there was a lot of action involving the chase with James.

I think there was a lot of potential that had gone unclaimed with Twilight. So much of the other side of Twilight could have been explored but was left untouched . . . A T.V. show would have had so much more time for us to see the other side of the story. It may have been better as a T.V. show.

There's two sides to every story, and we only go to see one . . .

i argee with the way you both said it!!
i noticed that when edward in the movie only mentioned alice can see the future? (i think he mention 1 of the others) He did not mention anyone elses abilitys...i was hoping that they would have some of thier story in the delted scenes but of course there was not....
i really really wish now that it started as a T.V series!
maybe they will do a special series like 5 episodes, to show that side of the story!....well probably not but i can still dream lol  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff