Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I almost couldn't read this one. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My second horror story this week.
  You poor soul.
View Results

Sarcastic Remark

Hygienic Lover

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:49 am
So, I was just browsing the LD tonight when I came across a topic titled "idk wat to do and y he iznt tlkn to meh." I clicked it expecting it to be someone's rant about how noobs are spamming up the LD with their life issues lately because we all know nobody really types like that... right? Well, I was wrong. Here's the first post:

Little Death Roze
idk wat to du... i rly likd him but then he ztpd tlkn tu meh and evrytin... i zhud b mad at him but im juzt rly and trly zad..... crying i nu i zhud juzt get ova him but i knt... he iz zooo zweet and fernie and everytin... zhud i w8 it out and ztay ther fer him or jzt try to get pizzd and and ferget bout him???? i am ztupid alwayz giveing mii heart out to the rong ppl, ppl who kan nvr return mii luv... crying crying crying crying crying cry cry cry cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad sad sad .... and if ur juzt here to kommnt awn muh bad zplling then juzt muv awn to anoutha topic kuz i dunt wnt tu hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then went on to attack anyone who brought up her bad grammar because apparently they were supposed to spend hours figuring out what she said and then be helpful. The sad part is that she's not a troll. Someone restore my faith in this generation's education. ):

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 am
Yeah, I had to read that out loud and sound it out to figure out what she was talking about. I felt like I was in first grade all over again. That post was just .....sad. neutral I am very terrified when I see posts like this. I also wonder how some people type in such a manner. You would think that since you have a full key board, with all your fingers to use it, people would type out what they want to say.  

Cevadeva

sayaandtenshi

Friendly Conversationalist

5,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:21 pm
I had to re-read some of the words and then read them out loud to figure it out. But I just don't understand why you would replace 's' with a 'z' honestly. But that's how some people are. I just don't even bother responding to such drastic typers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 pm
That would be waaayyy easier to read transcribed into Korean.

burning_eyes  

Henneth Annun

Demented_Duck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:40 am
stupid whore
idk wat to du... i rly likd him but then he ztpd tlkn tu meh and evrytin... i zhud b mad at him but im juzt rly and trly zad..... i nu i zhud juzt get ova him but i knt... he iz zooo zweet and fernie and everytin... zhud i w8 it out and ztay ther fer him or jzt try to get pizzd and and ferget bout him???? i am ztupid alwayz giveing mii heart out to the rong ppl, ppl who kan nvr return mii luv...[a bunch of cry emotes].... and if ur juzt here to kommnt awn muh bad zplling then juzt muv awn to anoutha topic kuz i dunt wnt tu hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-dies-

I don't know what to do...[Neither do I.]
I really like him, but then he stopped talking to me and everything...[Well, what did you do?]
I should be mad at him, but I'm just really and truly sad...[O...Kay...]
I know I should just get over him, but I can't...[Eh...]
He is so sweet, and funny, and everything...[-starts to fall asleep-]
Should I wait it out and stay there for him, or just try to get pissed and forget about him??[-wakes up with a start-]
I am stupid, always giving my heart out to the wrong people; people who can never return my love...[You're also stupid for falling asleep in class.]
[A bunch of cry emotes]
And if you're just here to comment on my bad spelling, then just move on to another topic, because I don't want to hear it!![Too many punctuation marks! -dies- -coughstupidwhorecough-]

There's my translation, and my comments from the peanut gallery!
Yay!~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am
XWraith_LordX

burning_eyes

Well... at least she knows she's got horrible grammar. ;D

Farrago

Proxy Codger

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:36 am

Right. I went to her profile. It's pathetic; it's absolutely pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 pm
The Magical Wishing Star

I'm a bad girl.
I commented....
Dx

Demented_Duck

jedi_master_alanna

5,450 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:36 pm
xXKatakiXx
Yeah, I had to read that out loud and sound it out to figure out what she was talking about. I felt like I was in first grade all over again. That post was just .....sad. neutral I am very terrified when I see posts like this. I also wonder how some people type in such a manner. You would think that since you have a full key board, with all your fingers to use it, people would type out what they want to say.
I think that's an insult to first graders. I've seen them write more clearly. Hell, I wrote more clearly in first grade, and I've always been a terrible speller.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:05 am
I could read that only because all my friends talk like that. Stupid friends are ruining me!!!  

proud band geek

jedi_master_alanna

5,450 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 pm
The Magical Wishing Star
XWraith_LordX

burning_eyes

I think it's worse that she knows that it's terrible, and she doesn't fix it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:02 am
jedi_master_alanna
The Magical Wishing Star
XWraith_LordX

burning_eyes

I think it's worse that she knows that it's terrible, and she doesn't fix it.
Well, that's true~

Demented_Duck

writerprincess29

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:24 am
Wow, that is scary! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:56 pm
Demented_Duck
The Magical Wishing Star

I'm a bad girl.
I commented....
Dx

Let us give a round of applause for our very own martyr, Demented_Duck. Roze's (notice, more replacing "s" with "z") profile is... just... undescribable. This is a grammar guild, and yet, I don't even have the right words. *shudders*  

Princess Tessa of Sailand

XxDolorosaxX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:49 am
I don't know what upsets me more, her terrible spelling/grammar or her acknowledgement of it yet refusal to fix it.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff