Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Movies/TV/Film
Maximum Ride Movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:27 am
Rumor has it that there will be a movie based on James Patterson's Maximum Ride series coming out in 2010. I'm so excited!! Am I the only one?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:09 am
No way! My girlfriend & I are planning on going as Fang & Max to the next anime convention! (& yes, it does count because they've made a manga of the first few chapters of the first book, & I believe the next one is set to come out in November). This is gonna be awesome!!!  

The Original Mr Green

lunapinnn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 am
I'm really really excited. But they better make it good. I hate going to a movie of one of my favorite books only to be disapointed. But I heard the same lady that directed Twilight is directing this movie.....hopefully she'll do better this time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:28 pm
--LuNaPiN--
I'm really really excited. But they better make it good. I hate going to a movie of one of my favorite books only to be disapointed. But I heard the same lady that directed Twilight is directing this movie.....hopefully she'll do better this time.

Are you serious?! Catherine Hardwicke is going to be directing Maximum Ride?! This is gonna be the worst movie EVER!!! I HATE her work!!

... *does several minutes of research* ...

You were right, she IS going to be directing Maximum Ride. This SUCKS!
This will sound horrible, but I hope she busts her leg on the first day of production or something & they have to find a new director. Her work is terrible.  

AngeredPoet

lunapinnn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:38 am
AngeredPoet
--LuNaPiN--

Are you serious?! Catherine Hardwicke is going to be directing Maximum Ride?! This is gonna be the worst movie EVER!!! I HATE her work!!

... *does several minutes of research* ...

You were right, she IS going to be directing Maximum Ride. This SUCKS!
This will sound horrible, but I hope she busts her leg on the first day of production or something & they have to find a new director. Her work is terrible.

So she really is the director. *sigh* I was hoping that was just a rumor. But, I know what you mean. I really hope she does better with Maximum Ride.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 pm
I didn't know they were making a Maximum Ride movie... I'd better read the book again sweatdrop And i hope like hell Catherine Hardwicke does a good job with this one... why couldn't they get a good director?? oh well, we'll just have to wait and see i s'pose  

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 am
The Original Mr Green
No way! My girlfriend & I are planning on going as Fang & Max to the next anime convention! (& yes, it does count because they've made a manga of the first few chapters of the first book, & I believe the next one is set to come out in November). This is gonna be awesome!!!

Is there anywhere good on the internet to read it? It's on mangafox.com but it doesn't work too well. Or would it just be easier for me to go buy it? I know where I can get it, I just have the problem of getting there sweatdrop I don't go out much anymore rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:04 pm
*smacks head against wall till i forget all of this* So help me if they ruin this book! I'm one of those people that will always choose the book over the movie... NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Gah, this is terrible... they'll find some way to ruin it... they always do. This will be like Coraline all over again... and freakin' Tim Burton helped with it and i was horribly dispointed. Stick with the story... don't make "creative" changes! >:E  

Cactuar Koi

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:14 pm
Xconsumed_by_loveX
The Original Mr Green

Is there anywhere good on the internet to read it? It's on mangafox.com but it doesn't work too well. Or would it just be easier for me to go buy it? I know where I can get it, I just have the problem of getting there sweatdrop I don't go out much anymore rofl

I don't think it's going to be anywhere online yet. I realize the manga has been out for a few months, but usually, they only have somewhat popular manga with more than 3 books or so published on those kinds of sites. You may have to wait a few months or so. Sorry.
I know Borders carries it, but I'm sure you could find it other places as well. Amazon.com might be a place to look, if that helps any.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:16 pm
Koifish26
*smacks head against wall till i forget all of this* So help me if they ruin this book! I'm one of those people that will always choose the book over the movie... NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Gah, this is terrible... they'll find some way to ruin it... they always do. This will be like Coraline all over again... and freakin' Tim Burton helped with it and i was horribly dispointed. Stick with the story... don't make "creative" changes! >:E

lol, I know the feeling. Maybe if we all write her nasty letters about her previous work & staying true to the book (the only reason people want a movie in the first place), she'll do a somewhat decent job. Let's hope on it.  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Fate Seven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Speaking of books/comics to movies here are some upcoming attractions.

Y: The Last Man
Cowboy Bebop (Keanu Reeves as Spike)
Akira (Leonardo Di'Carpio as the lead character)
Full Metal Panic (Zac Efron as Sagara (rumors))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 am
FateElite
Speaking of books/comics to movies here are some upcoming attractions.

Y: The Last Man
Cowboy Bebop (Keanu Reeves as Spike)
Akira (Leonardo Di'Carpio as the lead character)
Full Metal Panic (Zac Efron as Sagara (rumors))

Woah, WHAT?! Where are you getting this information? IMDB says that they are making movies of those, but it doesn't say anything about the actors chosen for them yet. Those are the 3 WORST actors for those animes-into-live-action-movies that I've ever heard! Especially to have the same guy who did such "Epic" roles as Romeo in Romeo & Juliet , & then there's his role in Titanic, do Tetsuo in Akira. Whoever made that decision should be shot in the foot & left to walk to the hospital.  

AngeredPoet

Cactuar Koi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:39 am
I heard about Keanu Reeves as Spike and i'm just not seeing that. I mean don't get me wrong, he's a good actor... but i don't see him as Spike. I'm not sure how i'm feeling about the Bebop movie, they messed Dragonball up to no end. I mean they left freakin' Krillin out!!!!! Please please please don't let them mess up Cowboy Bebop!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 pm
They won't. Shinichiro Watanabe will produce and help with the directing. Did anyone else see the Dragonball movie in 1991? It's corny but it's better than the current DBZ movie. mrgreen  

Fate Seven

bewar of ninja link

5,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:09 pm
the second manga is coming out in october  
Movies/TV/Film

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff