Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spice and Wolf Guild

Back to Guilds

A fan club from the Spice and Wolf series. 

Tags: spice, wolf, anime, economic, club 

Reply Spice and Wolf Fan Club
What has Spice and Wolf taught us? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WineChan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:07 pm
It's too bad we have this taboo of "EDUCATIONAL SHOWS", but I'm very glad Spice and wolf is one of those rare animes that have another value other than entertaining us. Well, we obviously know what the subject is:

ECONOMICS

So, what have we learned so far? Post and talk people!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:00 pm
Nothin', I'm just there for Horo, the merchant jargon is interesting too, but whatever...>.>

DarkOverlord Gabriel-Sama
Crew

Genius

WineChan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:19 am
Yesh, horo is cute. But...I think she is really the one who's making lawrence successful at merchant life. ^^; (bad vocab use, sorry)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 pm
I think it's interesting to see a primitive version of basic economics portrayed in a medieval setting.

Episode 6 basically covered the concepts of supply and demand with concepts of scarcity and surplus. However, you can tell they're cutting a lot out to save time. This is why I want to read the light novels, but according to Yen Press (the English publisher), it won't start until December and then it will take three years to complete.
stressed

My only hope is that the novels sell well enough for the publishing company to rush the translating.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 pm
Dathu
I think it's interesting to see a primitive version of basic economics portrayed in a medieval setting.

Episode 6 basically covered the concepts of supply and demand with concepts of scarcity and surplus. However, you can tell they're cutting a lot out to save time. This is why I want to read the light novels, but according to Yen Press (the English publisher), it won't start until December and then it will take three years to complete.
stressed

My only hope is that the novels sell well enough for the publishing company to rush the translating.
...what?

DECEMBER!?! stressed And it'll take THREE years? are you kidding me? why would they take that long?!?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:37 pm
User ImageI really don't know. I'll hold out until the first volume is published in December, but if it turns out the each light novel only covers a few episodes, I may just find a fan-translation online and take my chances.

Three years is just....unreasonable.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

WineChan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:54 pm
THAT IS IT!!! I'M BOYCOTTING IT! STUPID YEN PRESS, HOW DARE THEY...

*takes deep breath*

okay, I don't boycott it, but yeah. That is totally unreasonable. Do you know ther reason perchance?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:44 pm
Not a clue. sad  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

WineChan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 pm
Oh well.

well, on to the novel, I wonder who is replacing Chloe in the first novel, 'cause she was created in the anime, and didn't even appear in the manga.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 am
Not much, I've been using the strategies they used for the concepts of demand for a while now o-o  

Tiara_Estella

Shirtless Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Wolfspratt

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:39 pm
Kittycharm
Oh well.

well, on to the novel, I wonder who is replacing Chloe in the first novel, 'cause she was created in the anime, and didn't even appear in the manga.

thats a good question, i think it will be the man that was in the manga, but i think it would be more interesting if it was chloe!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:10 pm
if you find a fox spirit, take it with you traveling  

Frank Fern

Familiar Gaian

ForgottenxLovex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:51 pm
I was taught that anyone can be in love. >_> no matter what age. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:44 pm
umm voulume one is out now and I own a copy ^^ but the frickin awome pic in the very begianing has me like "NUUU MUST NOT READ OR I'LL RUIN PICTURE"

*notices day last post was and face palms*

i feel dumb now...O and Spice and wolf taught me that not all gods are gods...Holo is a goddess but referd to as a god  

Alice the Loving

-Emo_Panda_Lover XII-

5,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 pm
i love the show but it also taught me about the currency of that time eek  
Spice and Wolf Fan Club

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash