Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What are your thoughts on abortion? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Timmyboy59

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm
I believe that abortion is wrong because God has a purpose for ever thing abortion is killing children who have a purpose.I also think its horrible to take anything or anybodys life that should not be your choice its Gods choice when he wants to take someones life.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 pm
I believe that necessary abortion, example being the mother's life in danger, need to be held in a hospital and not paid for by tax payers. When it comes to woman's choice, it comes before she spreads her legs.  

Latopazora

Crusyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:53 pm
I feel like abortion is such a situational issue, it's a very frustrating thing to discuss. For example, I feel like women should think before being so free with their bodies. If they do decide to be receiving towards men they should use some sort of birth control. A woman who's life is in danger, I think should choose abortion. I say that with a bit of guilt tugging at me because of the lost life, but hard choices have to be made in such a situation and I personally would rather have my wife still alive than lose her for the child. I'm also battling internally about situations where the baby will definitely suffer from birth defects, I'm under the impression that these are detectable so let me know if I've been told wrong, on one hand there doesn't seem to be more than superficial reasons for abortion in that situation. Yet I don't know if I would be able to properly take care of a child with such problems.

To Timmy: I'm not entirely sure that that child's purpose might not actually be fulfilled. If children are not held accountable for their sins, then it's not like the child would go to hell for not being saved before its death. Imagine the emotional effect having to go through abortion can have on someone, maybe I'm just off my rocker but if God knows our actions before we do them he creates people knowing if they will abort someone. I don't want to seem like I'm promoting this but I think that in certain situations abortion should be a necessary evil only acted upon with the strictest of thought, with prayer for guidance before doing it, and with greif for the life that must be sacrificed.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 pm
I understand what your saying im not sure if God sees into the future and knows what we will do in our lives.He gives us the power of will we can do anything we want [if possible] but,God does have purposes for all of us.But im actually not sure what God does nobody knows untill thier in heaven so nobody knows if we have purposes for whitch God created us but that is what me and my family believe.  

Timmyboy59

Crusyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 pm
Well, I wish I could give you some scripture references. I get most of my biblical info from my Room mate who reads the bible far more than I do but he does show me the passages. I believe that God does know what we will do but that doesn't mean that we don't have free will as many people will tell you. I still decide my actions but God just knows what I'll do and he acts according to the plan set up by His infinite foresight and wisdom. The question that I'm struggling with is if it could be that someone's purpose was to be aborted. Logic says yes but my heart wishes it weren't so.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:38 am
I f everyone does have a purpose i dont think its to be aborted for example if the world is in a crisis like [the economy right now] there might be someone running for president who can fix it.And that is what kind of purposes I think God has for people or something of less importance.  

Timmyboy59

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 am
Quote:
and not paid for by tax payers.

1 taxpayer funded abortion, or 18 years of taxpayer funded welfare checks. Which would you have us pay out?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:24 pm
Abortion is a issue that really hits home for me. My mom got pregnant at 16, was forced to get married (well pressured heavily by family,) then was "excommunicated" from the family until recently. She pretty much had to grow up on her own... and her being pro-choice, it's clear to me that she would have considered an abortion... and possibly been pressured into one. I don't give a crap about God and Abortion, as I am high against the religious right!!!... seems pointless to put God in law in a free nation with freedom of religion. So, my opinion, is I would never get one, and I would want to help out anyone in the situation my mother went through, but my legal opinion, is it's an individuals choice, as the constitution does not mention any definition of life, nor does it say that woman should have their bodies forced through the natural process of procreation.

In short. I'm for the individuals choice, I'm against the abortion, the government shouldn't pay for abortion (unless it is required medically for physical health issues.)

I am in the mindset that Roe v. Wade was wrong, as was CA's issue with Proposal 8... I've never been a fan of litigation.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:53 pm
Quote:
In short. I'm for the individuals choice, I'm against the abortion, the government shouldn't pay for abortion (unless it is required medically for physical health issues.)

Sounds to me like your deeply held convictions are conflicting with those you've newly acquired by means your your party re-alignment. Those tend to produce meaninglessly nuanced positions like the one you just articulated. You're for the individual being able to make the choice, but against it. Too Kerryesque. It's okay to disagree with your party on this issue Mouse.

It boils down to this, if you're against it, it should happen, who cares who pays. If the choice can happen, it boils down to this, which is more cost effective? Do we grin and bear it and pay for it to happen, or do we let her have the kid and pay the 18 years of welfare checks?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:01 pm
No, no. Don't get me wrong. I hate some things democrats believe in... the way I see it is to believe what I want, despite a party. The problem is that I am more conflicted in a religious sense. I argue for my freedom in the LGBT department, yet, when it comes to abortion... my only problem is that with my religion. So, it's like this. I'm against it, I would ask no one do it, and I would hope no one would do it. I will put in voluntary effort to organizations that help out women in that situation, but where is my right to say that due to religious beliefs, you have to listen, when clearly we have freedom of religion in this country. So, I'll just go with a constitutional view. It's not listed in the constitution where life begins, it's not listed that woman should have to go through with birth, so, there's two choices to go with. States Rights' or Individuals' Rights...

to add on to my last statement-
I'm against doctors being required to perform abortions, or hospitals likewise.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Latopazora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 pm
Lord Bitememan
Quote:
and not paid for by tax payers.

1 taxpayer funded abortion, or 18 years of taxpayer funded welfare checks. Which would you have us pay out?

I'll choose the one that makes me less of a hypocrite: 18 years of taxpayer funded welfare checks.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 pm
I'm against abortion completly onless it is medically adviced. First if women would protect themselves they would not get pregnant to begin with. If it does happen there is always adoption. A lot of women that are not able to have kids would love to adopt.  

Pumona

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:09 pm
Whoooooa haven't been on this guild in ages.

Anyway, I'm generally "pro-choice" or whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Latopazora
I believe that necessary abortion, example being the mother's life in danger, need to be held in a hospital and not paid for by tax payers. When it comes to woman's choice, it comes before she spreads her legs.

Thank you i say that all the time, she choose when she spread her legs
Also i religion and state are separate so stop using the god this blah blah blah
i believe in him but not everyone does, so its not a valid point
my point is the Constitution protects the baby with the pursuit of happiness  

xxTyeTye

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm
Quote:
Thank you i say that all the time, she choose when she spread her legs

How about the ones that don't make that choice, like women who are raped?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff