Reply The BIONICLE Guild
How do matoran reproduce? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aexeiz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:13 pm
this has been haunting me for a while,....i mean....so many matoran,each has a certain element,and then there is only lightning and water that are female.......it gets me wondering how it all turns out,im scratching my head......i mean......how do the children turn out? ga matoran? ta matoran? le matoran av matoran de matoran!?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm
Umm. That topic is quite... Blunt. I am changing that. Anyway, Greg Farshtey said that characters in the Bionicle universe do NOT reproduce sexually. Also, he said that even he doesn't know how little matoran are made.  

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Piraka Zaktan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:13 pm
hydr0ph0en1x
Umm. That topic is quite... Blunt. I am changing that. Anyway, Greg Farshtey said that characters in the Bionicle universe do NOT reproduce sexually. Also, he said that even he doesn't know how little matoran are made.
i highly doubt that,and i thin the facts of life are definatley appropriet,i think its something to look out,i only simmply asked that question,though,i came up with an answer to help un cloud that ,....they build each other,i mean i bet the other species (mainly vortixx and skakdi) ....umm......you know.....get it on....but makuta definatley dont.and toa and matoran are still a mystery.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm
The way I have it in my mind is that matoran are made artificially by Mata Nui's systems similar to how our body makes new blood via bone marrow.

Makuta were all made from one pool near the southern island chains, which Brutaka happened to drain a lot of...

Why Brutaka? You just out of rehab from your last addiction with the green stuff.  

airvortex

Piraka Zaktan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 am
airvortex
The way I have it in my mind is that matoran are made artificially by Mata Nui's systems similar to how our body makes new blood via bone marrow.

Makuta were all made from one pool near the southern island chains, which Brutaka happened to drain a lot of...

Why Brutaka? You just out of rehab from your last addiction with the green stuff.
lmao

*brutaka gets the booty juice*

Brutaka: you guys are freakin nazis!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:43 pm
Well, nobody can answer this. There have been theories, such as the Turaga perform a Ceremony involving the Great Spirit, but nobody knows.

Though, a while back, I did ask Greg a question on BZP.

This isn't word for word, but this was the gist:
Q: If Matoran cannot reproduce, then what is the point of them having genders?

A: Well, if we assume the Great Beings came from a world where both genders existed, they would see fit to make them. You create what you know.

It didn't necessarily tell us that the Great Beings have gender, just that somewhere in their world there could be a certain species that has both gender. So basically, nothing is confirmed or denied, just something to think about.

Edit: Of course, the Glatorian could be that species. They have both genders, and they could very well have been used as a basic design for Toa and Matoran. They are both bio-mechanical (only Glatorian, I believe, are more organic.) and they wear helmets similar to masks while being of different elements.

So, if somehow we find out how Glatorian are created (as if), we may have a clue to how Matoran are created.  

Sora VioGreen

7,525 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Aexeiz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:07 pm
SoraLight-vmkcff
Well, nobody can answer this. There have been theories, such as the Turaga perform a Ceremony involving the Great Spirit, but nobody knows.

Though, a while back, I did ask Greg a question on BZP.

This isn't word for word, but this was the gist:
Q: If Matoran cannot reproduce, then what is the point of them having genders?

A: Well, if we assume the Great Beings came from a world where both genders existed, they would see fit to make them. You create what you know.

It didn't necessarily tell us that the Great Beings have gender, just that somewhere in their world there could be a certain species that has both gender. So basically, nothing is confirmed or denied, just something to think about.

Edit: Of course, the Glatorian could be that species. They have both genders, and they could very well have been used as a basic design for Toa and Matoran. They are both bio-mechanical (only Glatorian, I believe, are more organic.) and they wear helmets similar to masks while being of different elements.

So, if somehow we find out how Glatorian are created (as if), we may have a clue to how Matoran are created.
excuse me but screw greg........ becuase they have to come from somewhere,and there are so many of them it aint funny,....and so many die......there has to be a continuing sorce that brings matoran into existance  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 pm
O.o You do know the person, Greg, I was talking about is the person who pretty much comes up with the storyline details, right?

Making sure we're on the same page.

And I guess he just left it up to us to use our imaginations about it. Not really surprising though...  

Sora VioGreen

7,525 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Toa-Nuva

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:52 pm
Well, as far as I can remember, Makuta can create Matoran, but they usually just don't do it... And after the Matoran returned to Metru Nui, the Turaga were able to create new Matoran again, or something like that... So I guess there's somewhere a machine in the Coliseum that builds new Matoran, if needed. This only works as long Mata Nui's brain works, and that's only when the Matoran are working on Metru Nui... And the Makuta just are able to build Matoran by themselves, without the machines...

By the way: There aren't any "little Matoran" or something like that. All Matoran are what we'd call "adult" from the moment they are created. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 am
What I found amusing was this, which was uploaded not too long ago.  

KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 pm
Lol. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:55 pm
SoraLight-vmkcff
O.o You do know the person, Greg, I was talking about is the person who pretty much comes up with the storyline details, right?

Making sure we're on the same page.

And I guess he just left it up to us to use our imaginations about it. Not really surprising though...
so much for my new story, i was going to make a matoran makeout island story  

Piraka Zaktan

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 pm
Haha yeah. You could still make it though. Doesn't have to completely follow the bionicle universe! Heh, my story sort of took the laws of nature from the original universe, and ate them. With some fava beans and a nice chanti.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 am
quote from the OGD

Quote:
Quote:
(Q) 5. Sorry but i am a little confused, do new sapient species like Matoran and Vortixx come into being constantly in the mu, or are the people who started out there the only ones there?
(A) 5) It is possible for new beings to come into existence within the Matoran universe, yes. We know that, for example, in Metru Nui, if the Turaga saw the need for more workers to do a project, more Matoran would be brought into being.

I wonder if Mata Nui brings them into being...  

airvortex

kayasto

Invisible Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 am
KZN02
What I found amusing was this, which was uploaded not too long ago.

O.O lol mata nui GET SOME!!!

nice 1 KZN02  
The BIONICLE Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas