Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Defense Tool For My Sister? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:12 pm
As some of you may or may not know or are now learning, my sister had been in California for a while before moving out here. But in a couple weeks she's going out to the northeast US to this fancy boarding school she wants to go to. But I don't want my sister to be defenseless out there, so I want to give her some kind of bad guy hurting implement. Since she'll be taking a plane there, I'd probably have to have it sent directly to her from wherever on the internet I buy it from.

I know there's probably some rules of the school against her having such a thing, but her safety, or that of anyone I care about, is more important. Still, it would have to be well-concealable. I remember seeing this thing by Cold Steel that's a spike dagger that's hidden inside a hairbrush, and it seemed like a good thing for this. Do any of you have suggestions?

Also, son of a b***h my internet is sucking lately. scream  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm
3" pendant dagger.

I've got one of Badger's custom blades, and the thing's built like a tank. I recommended one of these to a friend, and she bought one the next day. She loves the thing, and wears it everywhere. And the best part is that if you actually use it in a self-defense situation, you get a free one if you show them your police report.

Other choices include "17% Streetwise" pepper spray, with 17% OC. Most commercial sprays top out at 8%. Then there's Kimber's line of Guardian Angel pepper products, including the two-shot, wallet-shaped pepper spray canister and their paintball-like pepper pistols (though the former are rather pricey, at $300 each). There's always a Taser (and if you buy before the end of next month, you get two free reloads), but I'll be the first to admit Taser is pricey too, at $350 a pop. SureFire makes a tactical pen that's good for anything from writing down a shopping list to breaking glass, but it's the most expensive ******** pen you will EVER BUY, at $125 each. It will, however, last longer than you, and is a good blunt stabbing instrument in a fight. Or just get a super-powerful flashlight and hope to blind the guy momentarily so you can get a pop in with the serrated lens cover. Wickedlaser's "The Torch" ($300) would be good for this, as it's a MagLite-sized flashlight that pumps out 4100 lumens, enough to sear the other guy's retinae out in seconds. Even a quick blast, before he could close his eyes, would have him blind for five or ten minutes. Oh, and you can use it to light s**t on fire, BECAUSE IT IS THAT DAMN BRIGHT.

The only other solution I can think of, and this is a cheap one, is to buy $20 in quarters and carry one roll in either pocket. A weighted fist is a deadly weapon. But that assumes she knows how to throw a punch, and many women just aren't built for that. Something about shoulder angles.

Personally, I'd go with the pendant dagger and the Streetwise. 17% Streetwise would stop a BEAR.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maddness91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 pm
ArmasTermin
I know there's probably some rules of the school against her having such a thing, but her safety, or that of anyone I care about, is more important. Still, it would have to be well-concealable. I remember seeing this thing by Cold Steel that's a spike dagger that's hidden inside a hairbrush, and it seemed like a good thing for this. Do any of you have suggestions?
at school? ur generally not aloud to have any deadly weapons, so this is advice is based around not getting ur friend thrown out of school on a weapons charge... my friend (in canada no less xp ) carries a thing like this on his key chain... it;s not that one, his is some aluminum knock off of that he got in some hole in the wall store in Montreal...
it;s not a weapon in the eyes of basically anyone at the school, and yet Damn that thing hurts... basically takes 1 hit to bring anyone down... and just pushing it into any part of a person (if u get grabbed or put in a hold) feels like ur getting stabbed...
the bonus of this thing is u can basically make it urself... small bit of solid bar stock (or even regular pipe if ur really cheap xd ), a good file or grinder, and an hour or 2 xd keep in mind if u use pipe, u may want to bend the ends in, to make more of a pointed end...

when ur not going to school, just a little flip out blade is usually enough... especially the ones w/ the thumb assist... my little 3" folder comes out of my back pocket in 1 second now that i've practiced a bit...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 pm
Maddness91
ArmasTermin
at school? ur generally not aloud to have any deadly weapons, so this is advice is based around not getting ur friend thrown out of school on a weapons charge... my friend (in canada no less xp ) carries a thing like this on his key chain... it;s not that one, his is some aluminum knock off of that he got in some hole in the wall store in Montreal...
it;s not a weapon in the eyes of basically anyone at the school, and yet Damn that thing hurts... basically takes 1 hit to bring anyone down... and just pushing it into any part of a person (if u get grabbed or put in a hold) feels like ur getting stabbed...
the bonus of this thing is u can basically make it urself... small bit of solid bar stock (or even regular pipe if ur really cheap xd ), a good file or grinder, and an hour or 2 xd keep in mind if u use pipe, u may want to bend the ends in, to make more of a pointed end...

when ur not going to school, just a little flip out blade is usually enough... especially the ones w/ the thumb assist... my little 3" folder comes out of my back pocket in 1 second now that i've practiced a bit...
That's actually how you're supposed to use the Surefire pen, except that's less than 10% of the price. I've also seen little things that are quite similar, except they have studs on them that go between your fingers to assist a punch and to make it harder to drop.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm
You could just go with the inconspicuose multi-tool.

My girlfriend just gave me a Gerber multi tool that the Pliers slide out of instead of folding out. When the pliers are "put up" the end still sticks out a little, so it would be pretty nasty if someone got knocked in the head with it. Besides, who knows when you might need to do some maintenance work?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:46 am
Freak_090

My girlfriend just gave me a Gerber multi tool that the Pliers slide out of instead of folding out. When the pliers are "put up" the end still sticks out a little, so it would be pretty nasty if someone got knocked in the head with it. Besides, who knows when you might need to do some maintenance work?

My grandpa has one of those. They are nifty as heck. His pliers don't stick out when retracted though.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:06 am
Freak_090

That thing looks like you could bust a skull with it. I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of that.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:17 am
Fresnel
Freak_090

That thing looks like you could bust a skull with it. I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of that.

My point exactly  

Freak_090
Captain

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:59 pm
Fresnel
Or just get a super-powerful flashlight and hope to blind the guy momentarily so you can get a pop in with the serrated lens cover. Wickedlaser's "The Torch" ($300) would be good for this, as it's a MagLite-sized flashlight that pumps out 4100 lumens, enough to sear the other guy's retinae out in seconds. Even a quick blast, before he could close his eyes, would have him blind for five or ten minutes. Oh, and you can use it to light s**t on fire, BECAUSE IT IS THAT DAMN BRIGHT.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:38 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Or just get a super-powerful flashlight and hope to blind the guy momentarily so you can get a pop in with the serrated lens cover. Wickedlaser's "The Torch" ($300) would be good for this, as it's a MagLite-sized flashlight that pumps out 4100 lumens, enough to sear the other guy's retinae out in seconds. Even a quick blast, before he could close his eyes, would have him blind for five or ten minutes. Oh, and you can use it to light s**t on fire, BECAUSE IT IS THAT DAMN BRIGHT.

Holy crap! He just cooked breakfast with a flashlight!

(In b4 captain obvious)  

Man of the Demoneye

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:23 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel

(In b4 captain obvious)
In the reviews, one guy mounted one on his M16. ******** yeah, tactical flashlight!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:42 am
Fresnel
Freak_090

That's what she said. User Image  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:56 pm
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel

(In b4 captain obvious)
In the reviews, one guy mounted one on his M16. ******** yeah, tactical flashlight!
Well you gotta have SOMETHING when that M16 jams.

C wat I did thar?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel

(In b4 captain obvious)
Well you gotta have SOMETHING when that M16 jams.

C wat I did thar?
Funny, I was thinking "You gotta have something when that flashlight dies".  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Pistola Lupo De Orleans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:48 pm
I prefer these things for personal deffence.
User Image
cz Phantom.
User Image
stelito knife.I love these.Easily consealed and easy to open unless it gets saltwater in it or dirt.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff