Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Cosplay Help Thread-- Female Anime Characters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is the general thread for people having difficulties making a female anime character's outfit. Post your problems and we'll try to help!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:37 pm
She wants to touch me (Woah!) She wants to love me (Woah!)

I'm planning to do a cosplay of Vocaloid Meiko for Oni-con in October. That leaves me with about a month to complete the cosplay. I need some suggestions on what materials I should use for the vest and skirt, as well as good places to obtain the boots and gloves. Any suggestions or recommendations, online or off, would be most appreciated. I'll post a list of things I know I need. I'll also post my progress on the costume production here in this thread. Thank you. :3

She'll never leave me (Woah! Wa-o-o-oh!)

Fem-inja

Obscuranoxious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:21 pm
Pictures, plox! biggrin I can give advice about materials to an extent, and I MAY be able to help with the boots and gloves but I'm not guarenteeing anything xD

But yes, a picture would help so I can see what your working towards :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 am
Ok, hi- this is my first post in this guild forum- WoOp! ^.~
ahywho, for my next convention i am cosplaying as Bulma from DragonBall Z and i have most of the cosplay done, but i'm having a little trouble finding a backpack similar to the one she wears.
this is the version of her i am cosplaying:
User Image
if anyone has any sugestions, they would be much apriciated (i live in england by the way!)
Thanksxxx  

xBulmax

Sparkly Genius

Fem-inja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:22 pm

The thing about Vocaliod cosplays is that there is a general idea about their appearance, and everything else is up to the interpretation of the artist or cosplayer. Due to this I am going to post a number or pictures that depict general ideas, but slightly different, aspects of the Vocaloid Meiko.

(This one shows a clearer picture of the tattoo. I think I'm going to go with this one for arm accesories.)
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]
[x]

Generally Accepted Facts About Her Appearance
-Brown Hair (Which I have)
-Brown Eyes (Though sometimes they are depicted with a red tinge)
-She has a 00 [double zero] tattoo is on upper left arm in red
-She is depicted with some kind of of microphone, usually a headset mic.
-Her outfit color scheme is red, black, and white. She wears boots, either red or black, red fingerless gloves.

The problem is, if you look at the pics, the little details in each depiction are different. How far the boots go up on the legs, how the the gloves go on the arms, the color of the belt, the length of her hair, ect. I need to finalize which concepts of each design I am going to incorporate into my cosplay and get together a general list of supplies. Opinions would be wonderfull, thank you. : )

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 pm
Fem-inja: Personally, I'd say go with the gloves, belt and skirt from the first pic, vest and necktie from the third pic, and a pair of red/red and white/red and black boots (whatever pair you can find- the boots in pic 2 are cool, but probably really difficult to find). Oh, and the headphones from the last pic are really cool smile I'd also suggest using the bright red color found in the first pic because it's more eye-catching, and the pics with dimmer colors look like it's from the lighting the artist chose, not so much the outfit color being dimmer. Try to find some sort of cotton or cotton-polyester blend (NO KNITS- knits don't keep shape very well, and usually end up stretching and wrinkling and hanging like wet hair- they won't easily keep the vest shape or stay slightly poofed-out for the skirt) for the vest, gloves and skirt. If it stretches more than just a bit when you pull on it, I wouldn't use it. And try to get all 3 from the same fabric, or very close. If you use 2 or 3 different fabrics and the colors don't match perfectly, it can look odd. For the arm-bands, I'd suggest finding black full-length costume gloves and cutting off the fingers, then sewing them into the red gloves. And any sort of microphone you carry will probably look fine, as long as it's generic (Barbie karaoke mics are kind-of out sweatdrop )

xBulmax: Do you have any sewing experience? You could make it out of a thicker cotton... If not... See if you can't find one at an army surplus store... If you find one that doesn't have the extra pouches, try sewing smaller pouches (from an army surplus store) to it.  

jyrotika

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Fem-inja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:57 pm

I agree with most of your opinions except for the skirt. I don't really like the pleats, I'd prefer it to be more like the one in picture three. I like the idea about the gloves, but I'm having a hard time finding gloves that will work. If you could give me some tips for sewing them that would be really cool. I was thinking elastic would be good for the white detail on the gloves, but how would I get the cuffs to flair out like that? Maybe sew a stiffer material inside them? Like card stock.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:23 am
jyrotika

xBulmax: Do you have any sewing experience? You could make it out of a thicker cotton... If not... See if you can't find one at an army surplus store... If you find one that doesn't have the extra pouches, try sewing smaller pouches (from an army surplus store) to it.

Thanks, i do have experience with sewing and stuff so i might give that a go! ^.^  

xBulmax

Sparkly Genius

Fem-inja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Okay, So I have decided that I am going to wear black boots as well as headphones with a mic for the cosplay. I need opinions.

Red Headphones W/Mic

I really like these, and they seem reasonably priced. If anyone has a better recommendations, please say so. I want the headphones to go with the costume

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:08 am
I want to actually machine/hand sew my costume this year. I want to cosplay as Simca from Air Gear but I dont want to make a pattern by hand unless I have to since I've only done it once for a NGE school girl outfit. Does anyone know any websites or patterns for sailor/school girl dresses I can alter to make Simca's dress from Air Gear?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/war-rock/simca.jpg

This is the dress a cosplayer is wearing. This is the one I want to make

Thanks  

LikeAKnifeInAGunFight

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:08 pm
LikeAKnifeInAGunFight
I want to actually machine/hand sew my costume this year. I want to cosplay as Simca from Air Gear but I dont want to make a pattern by hand unless I have to since I've only done it once for a NGE school girl outfit. Does anyone know any websites or patterns for sailor/school girl dresses I can alter to make Simca's dress from Air Gear?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/war-rock/simca.jpg

This is the dress a cosplayer is wearing. This is the one I want to make

Thanks

I prefer to get my patterns from places like JoAnn's or any type of crafts/sewing store-- They will all have patterns for sailor/school girl dresses and at affordable prices, believe me... I just find it easier to have the patterns already made and on the pattern paper instead of having to look it up online and do pretty much everything by myself *nodnod*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:39 pm
Ok, I have a cosplay I need help with too... I'm planning on doing Kino from Kino's journey, however there are several different versions of her outfit. I think Fem-inja had a similar problem... Basically they're only small differences, mostly colour variations in the outfits, but I honestly can't make up my mind! I'll post some pictures.

x
x
x
x

Basically I can either have the green coat, light trousers, brown boots, black pouches and either the polo shirt or just a normal shirt
OR
the black coat, black trousers, black boots, green pouches and shirt.

Or any variation of those things really...

Halp? D:

Miss_Goku

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 pm
Miss_Goku
Ok, I have a cosplay I need help with too... I'm planning on doing Kino from Kino's journey, however there are several different versions of her outfit. I think Fem-inja had a similar problem... Basically they're only small differences, mostly colour variations in the outfits, but I honestly can't make up my mind! I'll post some pictures.

x
x
x
x

Basically I can either have the green coat, light trousers, brown boots, black pouches and either the polo shirt or just a normal shirt
OR

Halp? D:
Personally I think the first and second are the same except it looks like she's wearing pants in one and a skirt with leggings in the other. I really like the first one. It has a cool look to it without being to simple.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:15 pm
Scientific_erotic
Miss_Goku

x
x
x
x

OR

Halp? D:
Personally I think the first and second are the same except it looks like she's wearing pants in one and a skirt with leggings in the other. I really like the first one. It has a cool look to it without being to simple.
There's two pictures for each outfit...but they're the same, it's just a jacket. D: Anyway I'm thinking of doing a different cosplay now...I just can't make up my mind...  

Miss_Goku

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm
Miss_Goku
Scientific_erotic
Miss_Goku

x
x
x
x

OR

Halp? D:
There's two pictures for each outfit...but they're the same, it's just a jacket. D: Anyway I'm thinking of doing a different cosplay now...I just can't make up my mind...
Ah the ever changing decision. XD Sorry I couldn't be of help. (though I do still like the one with the jacket better.)  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff