Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
New developments for guilds Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are the developers playing with our affections
  --comment please--
View Results

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:18 pm
OK, so we have a sneak peek at another improvement for the guilds. My question is to everyone, do you think that more than 1 innovation or improvement should be dangled in front of us every 3-4 months or should the developers give us more at one time?

I love the idea of mass pm'ing by captains and vice captains, but how about giving us access to the guild treasury at the same time?

Come on, developers. We aren't race horses that like to have carrots dangled in front of our noses. We are intelligent humans that have given you a great number of good ideas. How about a bunch of carrots at one time?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:53 pm
After so very long with the guilds being utterly ignored I think I prefer it this way, drips and dabs are fine by me.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

jax is in love

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:55 pm
i wish when they did something they gave it to us i dont want 10 things every 2 year I want 1 thing every 2-3 months  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:22 pm
I'd rather they focus on one thing at a time and make that one thing work well then try and do several things at once and have them all fail epically. That's just me though.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

jax is in love

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 am
MemoryDragon
I'd rather they focus on one thing at a time and make that one thing work well then try and do several things at once and have them all fail epically. That's just me though.
this  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:25 pm
jax is in love
MemoryDragon
this

This.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 pm
I just wish they would focus more on what Gaia is than trying to constantly change the look of Gaia instead. And after starting something finish it and not leave it hanging off for another year and then get it done. I'm not complaining just saying that there is no change after another while on the other hand the things they started they don't really stick with it till it's done.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 pm
I think:

A) Things should be done 1 at a time, unless there is very good reason for there being more than one change. This allows for feedback on one specific idea rather than a multitude which can make it confusing for people.
B) If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it?  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Sterekorgtfo

Greedy Gawker

5,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am
GIMME CARROTS!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 pm
I'm quite satisfy with the eventual changes on guilds because since I had acquire my first and unique one they had make a lot.

I love the often changes of Gaia's faces and believe me that I get bore rapidly and I already have 1 year and 8 months in here and that my dears is a record made by this site.

Now, I concur that all the changes most be release when they are totally perfect but hehehe, what you can do with the bad behavior of the data base and codes is not so easy. But as Mamarita said we most do something with the treasure of the guild, by personal experience has seen that many people invest a lot on the vault but then by the lack of activity, that treasure stays there without any good use or help to revive the guild because creating new subforum doesn't help that much..  

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm
rita, sometimes your expectations ignore obvious limits. sweatdrop Of course it would be great if every update was bigger. I'm sure the developers would like that, too. But there are only so many developers available to work, and each step takes time.

Maybe you're saying that Gaia should take more devs away from other projects to make the team of guild devs bigger, or that the current guild devs should simply work longer and harder. You're entitled to your view, but from the levels of activity I see in guilds relative to the rest of Gaia, I would say we're fortunate to have the attention they are currently giving us. I'd neither take it for granted nor demand more.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:45 pm
Wishful thinking for me is everything guild related come out and be perfect; however, I know that will never happen, so I am happy with the trickling of new developments whenever they occur. I am so thrilled I can send guild announcements.  

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:43 pm
I think it would be fair, if there was one innovation, or improvement added every 3-4 months. That way, it would give the Developers more time to think of things that could be of use for this guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 pm
I'm fine with Gaia taking their time to develop new guild network features as long as we aren't completely ignored for years on end as we have been until recently.  

Strideo

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 am
Ideas:
Captains Controls
Edit Guild Design
Edit Announcement Design