Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
Star Wars: Blasters of the Patriots Chatbox Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 am
Basic RP information

This is set after the events of Star Wars: A New Hope.

Players are members of the Rebel Alliance fighting a hit and run war against the Empire.

The unit the heroes belong to is Reekeene's Roughnecks, a band of Freedom fighters operating in the Fakir Sector.

This RP is played with the Saga Edtion Rules from Wizards of the Coast.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:57 am
Player Information

Reekeene's Roughnecks
User Image

Reekeene's Roughnecks are a band of Irregulars, soldiers not part of the conventional Alliance Military that utilize unconventional tactics. The Roughnecks were founded by the ex mercenary Lens Reekeene, her husband Mikka, and the alien monk Santhou Lazith'chika. Operating in the Fakir Sector from their base ship hidden in space, they have been plaguing the Imperial sector forces for months.

Home Base
User Image
Home, the mobile base of the Roughnecks, is a battered and rusty Tsukkian water freighter. The Main Hold has been refitted as a hangar bay for the Roughnecks' vehicle pool. Several other holds have been refitted into personnel quarters, warehouses, and communication centers.

Its clunky, antiquated, unarmed and unarmored. A single TIE Fighter could probably sink it. Therefore, Home is constantly moving, following no set pattern and never visiting the same place twice.

Roughnecks leaving the place are never told where Home will be next. Instead, they are given the frequency and coordinates of a comm satellite to which they must send a request for pickup when their mission is complete. That request bounces through a chain of other Com Sats, sometimes as many as six, before reaching Home base. New orders or coordinates are sent back through the chain. The delay on responses can be up to two days, but it ensures the safety of Home Base. Direct Communications to the base are not only forbidden, they are impossible.

Physical Description

On the inside, Home Base is a large, drafty ship visibly held together with spit, bailing wire, and engine tape. Even in space, the paint flakes off the hull and beneath the hull, passageway floors and cellings are strewn with a maze of wires and conduits. The walls often have spot welds visible on them with the occasional bit of Grafitti noting "do not touch" or "Will fix later". The air smells of synthetic lubricants, metal, and has a somewhat stale sensation to it. The Rooms are small and uncomfortable, Hallways are poorly lit and suffer from intermittent gravity fluctuations, and equipment is old but well maintained. Discipline is good; moral is extremely high.

Maintenance

The Maintenance personnel of Home, headed by Mikka Reekeene, are very good at what they do. If the Roughnecks can limp a ship back to Home, chances are that Maintenance can get it working again. The main issue is a shortage of actual parts. A lot of jawa-rigging goes on to compensate for the lack of equipment and supplies and the acquisition of parts to keep the "fleet" as well as Home running is a continual job.

Personnel

Home is staffed by a fluctuating number of personnel, the exact number hovering somewhere below Company Strength. The combat and transport personel of the Roughnecks are divided up into units called "squads".
A Complete Squad numbers 4-10 combat personnel, 1 Pilot, 1 Copilot, and a medical officer or droid. Squads are usually assigned a vehicle, though in some cases several squads may be forced to share one.

The squads are designated by color, IE there's Red Squad, Blue Squad, etc. Squad members wear small arm patches displaying their color. The command Staff and Support Personnel (with the exception of Santhou who eschews military markings) wear white patches.

In addition, an undisclosed number of spies and secret sympathizers support the Roughnecks activities and provide intelligence.

Supplies

Thanks to "generous donations" by Imperial supply ships, Home Base is well stocked with food, water, clothing, fuel and medical supplies. What it lacks though is weapons. There are enough pistols, rifles, and grenades to go around, but real firepower, like blaster cannons, repeaters, and explosive charges are in short supply. Occasionally, survellance and security equipment drop into the hands of the roughnecks, but rarely are they doled out to the squads.

In addition to Home Base, the Roughnecks possess half a squadron of X-wings, two ore Haulers, a light freighter, and a small luxury craft.

Missions

Roughneck Missions are aimed at disrupting Imperial Supplies, Intelligence Gathering, Recruitment, and Destruction and Demoralization of Imperial forces, with an overall goal of drawing Imperial ships and troops from the frontlines.

Squads are discouraged from engaging in gratuitous battle with Imperial troops and ships: staying alive to fight another is strongly encouraged. As the Roughnecks have few ships and scarce chance of getting more, keeping what they have whole and safe (and if possible, unsuspected of being rebel craft) is often of prime importance.

Key Personnel

Lens Reekeene: Human Female, age 55. Alliance General and Roughneck Commander

Mikka Reekeene: Human Male, age 60. Roughneck Chief Engineer and 2nd in Command

Santhou Lazith'chika: Unknown Humanoid Species, age Unknown. Advisor to General Reekeene

Bakki Sourthol: Human Male, age 24.Red Squad Commander, Pilot.

Captain Hark'r: Noehon Male, age unknown. Home Base Supplymaster  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:58 am
Green Squad

Captain Rek Mulk: A Male Duros from the world of Gath, he was a Senator in its Representative Government until the Empire arrived and enforced their own rule. He narrowly escaped arrest to join the Alliance. He takes his command seriously and operates with the same no-nonsense attitude that won him the Senatorial Election. He will not risk the Long Shot if he doesn't have to, fully aware of the consequences to the Roughnecks should it be captured or worse.

Siene Symm: The Sullustan 1st mate. A Jovial character, he is a skilled forger and mechanic, the latter earned while a slave aboard an Imperial transport ship, which naturally also makes him a staunch foe of the Empire. He gets along well with Captain Mulk despite the two's differences. Siene is fond of exotic food, Drillbian wine and wearing (in his opinion) stylish clothing.

R2-V0: The ship's Astromech Droid. Has been disasembled 52 times in an effort to figure out why he keeps emiting a constant stream of Binary gibberish.

Vyse Tainerpic A Tibanna Gas Miner from Bespin. He has recently joined Green Squad in a combat capacity. He is good humored and confident almost to the point of cockiness. He is a regular at the Sabacc Games held on Home Base by Bakki Sourthol

The Long Shot
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Purchased originally as a pleasure yacht for an Imperial Admiral, the Roughnecks "liberated" the Long Shot from Callona Spaceport. The Ship has undergone significant modification and has served the Roughnecks reliably for a number of years. It easily passes for a modified merchant ship, a luxury yacht, or a small passenger ship.

To improve performance, the Roughnecks have done away with most of the amenities. The Holoprojectors, galley, and suites normally found on a ship of this class have been replaced with a machine shop, supply room, and a brig(which can also double as a supply room). The Shields and Engines have been significantly improved and the starboard pod has been gutted to make room for cargo space. Mikka Reekene also added a secret hold in the starboard pod in the event something needs to be hidden, and gave the ship a number of false ID's.

The Long Shot's twin stabilizers are designed for atmospheric use to aid in maneuverability. In Space they fold down, allowing a 360 degree fire field for the ship's guns. The Guns are two illegal fire-linked turbolasers disguised as blaster cannons. Their power output has been drastically reduced to prevent the guns from overheating the Long Shot's core, but their range is far greater than that of the blasters they appear to be.

Long Haul
Modified Lantillian Short Hauler
Colossal space transport

Init -6; Senses Perception +3
Defense Ref 16 (flat-footed 12), Fort 22; +12 armor,
HP 120; DR 10; SR 55; Threshold 80

Speed fly 12 squares (max. velocity 950 km/h), fly 5 squares (starship scale)
Ranged Fire Linked Turbolasers
Fighting Space 12 x 12 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover total
Base Atk + 0; Grp +32
Atk Options Autofire -2 (fire linked Turbolasers)

Abilities Str 42, Dex 18, Con –, Int 16
Skills Initiative -6, Mechanics +3, Perception +3, Pilot -6, Use Computer +3

Crew 2 Passengers 6
Cargo 85 tons; Consumables 1 month;
Hyperdrive x1, Backup x15

Fire linked Turbolaser cannons (gunner, May be fired from Co-pilot position with -2 penalty on fire control)
Atk +3 (-2 autofire), Dmg 5d10×2

Ship Sections:  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:59 am
(cale, i'll help you a tad)

Profiles-

Des: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=152859

K: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=152632

Stellar: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=152817

Nelo: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=152670

Mo: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=153638  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:04 am
You guys can post here, BTW.  

Sol Walker
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:22 am
I hate my last roll, stare but I'm still thinking about keeping it or starting over. I just don't know yet confused  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:34 am
The eight? It balances out the 18 you rolled.
However, if you do want to reroll it, you will have to reroll all your ability scores.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 am
Make it your dump ability? *shrug* Just make that the charisma score.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 am
I know, but I like the rest of my rolls. I was thinking of putting that 8 on my strength to so my young age.
of witch I forgot what you told me my age. redface  

K-Blade

K-Blade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:44 am
Nelowulf
Make it your dump ability? *shrug* Just make that the charisma score.

can't, need that one for being a jedi  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am
You need strength too. And will..

You could make it your intelligence score. That's another way to see it.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:04 pm
K-Blade
I know, but I like the rest of my rolls. I was thinking of putting that 8 on my strength to so my young age.
of witch I forgot what you told me my age. redface

You said you were 16 I thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm
you said 14.
and I really suck with a blaster pistol.  

K-Blade

The Outer Rim

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces