StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:36 pm
The title is what Sean said when I first said I'd bought Dissidia.

Even mirrored, it is awesome.

The game allows you to play as any of the main heros/villians from the first 10 games. You start with all the heros, and unlock the villians.

The list as follows:

FFI: Warrior of Light --> Garland
FFII: Firion --> "The Emperor" Mateus
FFIII: Onion Knight --> Cloud of Darkness
FFIV: Cecil --> Golbez
FFV: Bartz --> Exdeath
FFVI: Terra --> Kefka
FFVII: Cloud --> Sephiroth
FFVIII: Squall --> Ultimecia
FFIX: Zidane --> Kuja
FFX: Tidus --> Jecht

You can also unlock two bonus characters later on from the next two games:

FFXI: Shantoto
FFXII: Gabranth

The equipment/accessories inventory is all shared; every character can use the same items, without having to buy multiples. Weapons unlock as you buy/find new ones, and accessories can be made, traded, or created through battle. Item effects from old games become accessory effects in this one.

Experience is gained through battle. Every large hit and successful win equals experience, so more battles = more EXP. To gain it outside of story mode, simply engage in quick battles. POUND TIDAS'ANNOYING a** IN OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Story mode is treated like a game of chess, with your player piece able to move a set amount of times. Each move uses up one Destiny Point (DP). DP can be earned from certain battles by fufilling certain conditions. Chests contain weapons, items and money, and once opened, re-appear in subsiquent playthroughs with Player Points (PP), the currency for buying extra stuff, like characters and costumes.

The battles themselves are much like a real-time beat-down brawl, but can be changed over to the move-select style easily. EX Mode is like the overdrive/Hyper/ect mode from other games, and an EX Burst (final hit in this mode) is usually highly flashy, requires huge amounts of imput, and are usually one-hit KO's. In addition, EX mode offers alternate weapons/armour/forms for it's short duration.

The game is incredibly addictive and solid. The achievements (all 151 of them) are not labled right away, but are always being tallied. Once they hit 50% completion, they become labeled. Some are completely ridiculous. (Such as play for 15 hours, or 7 days straight.)

The music and graphics are 5 star as well. For those that like FF or have a PSP, this is a must-get. ;P  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:51 pm
I heard that Squall was hax, and Sephiroth is uber cheap.

To have some characters more unbalanced than others is to be expected in an FF game, but I heard some are like really overpowered.

Also, why Jecht? He wasn't really the main villian in X...well, unless you count the whole being Sin thing...

(Whited out to prevent spoilers)

I'm actually glad that Amano and Nobu are on this one. Amano's origional character art is beautiful, and I'm glad they're actually sticking to it this time, rather than treating it as a mild suggestion like in the past.  

Trent_Darksithe

O.G. Lover

3,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kjuroki Kaze

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 pm
To tack on since I'm farther in it than she is, There are 4, count 4 different story modes...

Destiny Odyssey, Which has 10 different "Chapters" (one per character of Cosmos)

Shade Impulse, Which is the lead up to the final battle against Chaos, you can use any COSMOS character, for this. However, you get a bonus cut-scene if for each character when you go up against their antagonist (See above for that list)

Distant Glory, This has two separate modes, one for FFXI and one for FFXII, each are unlocked under different conditions and one common condition. The common Condition is that you have to have cleared Shade Impulse. The different conditions are that FFXI's story isn't unlocked till you clear 5 Destiny Odyssey Chapters, too which you are graced with a cutscene of Shantotto and Gabranth talking with Cosmos. FFXII's chapter is opened when you've cleared all of Destiny Odyssey.

The Final story mode is Inward Chaos...this is a true test of skill and strength. Why you might ask? the characters are all from level 90-110. Yes, you read that right 110. For the record, the max level is only 100.

You can unlock Chaos to fight in quick battle, who you have to beat 3 times (just like in Story mode).

Another thing that was forgotten, was that each character has a different encounter depending on who they fight. For example, if you fight Squall vs. Squall you'll hear "There can be only one Squall". Some are amusing (namely Kefka's) others are signature for the characters.

In Quick battle you can pick the music you want to fight too. So, for example, you can fight Warrior of Light vs. Gabranth listening to OWA.

EDIT: Trent, who let you out of the closet.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm
From all I've seen of Steph playing it...I would love it....But I just need to get a PSP.  

Fazzey

Desirable Bloodsucker

6,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

GrimlyInsane
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:23 pm
I think the reason they picked Jecht is because he actually had story with Tidus, and since Jecht became Sin, and was the Final Aeon, and such, he kinda was the boss of the game >_>

JECHT FTW by the way. He's so badass, almost just like Cid out of FF7, but they don't have him in the game D:.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 pm
OH! I forgot

Cid is in this game. He's narrating.

Technically its the Cid from FF1, but Cid is Cid, you can't have FF without somebody named Cid, along with Moogle, Odin, Shiva, Bahamut, Ifrit, and Chocobo.  

Kjuroki Kaze

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 am
Tis not an FF without them :3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:51 pm
I unlocked the friend card picture of the FFIII chocobo. <3 *Squee!* SO CUTE!  

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 am
Oooh awesome :3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm
An expectation of color~

I, too, share hatred of Tidus' b***h a**.
I am just gonna have to get a PS3 so I can play FFXIII... I've been waiting forevers to play it.
*sob*

~From a grey sky

VoraciousPanda

StephODell
Crew

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 pm
VoraciousPanda
An expectation of color~

I am just gonna have to get a PS3 so I can play FFXIII... I've been waiting forevers to play it.
*sob*

~From a grey sky
The only problem is that it's multiplayer...like, that's it's main selling feature.

*FROWNY FACE*

It's XI all over again!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 am
ill tear down the stars
and ill give them to you
they're not as pretty as your eyes
but i guess it'll have to do

-wants to play-

nuuu, i havnt played a video game in ages. my only console broke last month, and now im left with my ds that my brother is stuck to 24/7

T^T

-also dislikes tidus-

its ok, hes got enough love from everyone else rolleyes

X]

ill tear down the stars
we can ride it to the moon
ill float till i find you
i would'nt ever let you fall, down...

d e b i J

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:34 am
I thought FFXIV is the multiplayer O.o
FFXIII only has multiple installments.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:23 am
I've had the game since the day it came out.. Just haven't had a chance to play it cause Dave is addicted to it.. That and I've had WAY too many tattoo requests to deal with to barely even play games like I used to >.O It's like when I get one requests done, I get 3 more.

M i n a k o
Crew

Kjuroki Kaze

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:13 pm
VoraciousPanda
An expectation of color~

*sob*

~From a grey sky

You do know there are three different FFXIII games right?

one for 360 (FFXIII), one for PS3 (FFXIII Versus) and one for PSP FFXIII Lighting (or Agito)  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff