Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Politically Incorrect

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am
So yesterday I was dragged to Joanne Fabrics so my sister could get some s**t to make her own coco kitty plushie for an IRL cosplay for Halloween. While browsing the Halloween section I found some masks branded Politically Incorrect. There was the clintons and Obama. I want so bad to get the Obama mask and a gorilla suit.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seriously though this Obama merchandising is done to death. George Washington was the first ever American president which is a bigger breakthrough than Obama. He did a hell of a lot more with his life than the current political chimp in a suit, but he doesn't get half the merchandising. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 am
But Washington's on money. So at least he's worth more than the Obama merchandise. cool

Even if he IS on the one dollar bill and the quarter  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:19 am
Requiem in Mortis
But Washington's on money. So at least he's worth more than the Obama merchandise. cool

Obama is on a $1 coin which apparently selling for $10. The mint is really selling out badly. Washington wasn't added to the $1 bill till like 70 years after he was in office. If I recall the Obama coin was made right after the election.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:43 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Requiem in Mortis

Obama is on a $1 coin which apparently selling for $10. The mint is really selling out badly. Washington wasn't added to the $1 bill till like 70 years after he was in office. If I recall the Obama coin was made right after the election.
Yea, but no one's going to spend the Obama coin, because it's a "collector's item".

Unlike Washington, who changes hands millions of times a day.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:49 pm
How many Washington coins sell for 20x what the coin is supposed to be valued at plus shipping? I don't know any Washington $1 bills that sell for $20.

Anyway all I'm saying is Washington brought change. He brought a lot of change. He did a lot of hard work then has to wait till after he dies to get on currency while Obama just makes promises and get elected and he gets a coin.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
How many Washington coins sell for 20x what the coin is supposed to be valued at plus shipping? I don't know any Washington $1 bills that sell for $20.

Anyway all I'm saying is Washington brought change. He brought a lot of change. He did a lot of hard work then has to wait till after he dies to get on currency while Obama just makes promises and get elected and he gets a coin.
harder to print money / stamp coins back then? now it;s just draw it up in auto cad (or coin-cad or w/e) and press the print button... and the coins are symbolizing that he;s 1st black guy as pres. and everything else, not that he has done anything "for the people"... and this is the 21st century... what has Washington done recently? xp

in any case, what it really comes down to is turning profit... stamp out 200 million coins @ 25c a piece, sell for $20+... 8000% profit with that amount of stock? you can't say that's not a good idea...  

Maddness91

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:54 am
Maddness91
Desert_Fox_Rommel

harder to print money / stamp coins back then? now it;s just draw it up in auto cad (or coin-cad or w/e) and press the print button... and the coins are symbolizing that he;s 1st black guy as pres. and everything else, not that he has done anything "for the people"... and this is the 21st century... what has Washington done recently? xp

in any case, what it really comes down to is turning profit... stamp out 200 million coins @ 25c a piece, sell for $20+... 8000% profit with that amount of stock? you can't say that's not a good idea...
Really that's all he is to most companies is a product for a cheap novelty item. Still I don't think he deserves to be on currency yet. Not till he's done something good for America.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:37 pm
If he gets put on a new currency it'll be that mixed dollar thing that was rumored between the US and Mexico or some such s**t.  

OberFeldwebel

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff