Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kamen Rider Heroes of the World

Back to Guilds

a guild for people that like kamen rider and much more 

Tags: Kamen Rider, Anime, Movies, Games 

Reply Kamen Rider heroes of the world
Opnions on Dragon Knight and the changes from Ryuki. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yea or Nay on the Americanized Ryuki.
  Awesome
  Mediocre (at least it's better than Saban's Masked Rider)
  Terrible. (Worse than Saban's Masked Rider)
View Results

Shinesman Black RX
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm
Honestly I am really enjoying the Americanized version. Plus it's nice to get toys for a toku series that don't cost an arm and a leg. Not to mention the are 3 3/4 scale.

I didn't like "venting" at first but the idea of being eternally stuck in a lightless limbo is kinda worse than death.

Femme's reveal was a little weak.

I hope the make a translation of Faiz. That would make my day.

any opinions?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm
Shinesman Black RX
Honestly I am really enjoying the Americanized version. Plus it's nice to get toys for a toku series that don't cost an arm and a leg. Not to mention the are 3 3/4 scale.

I didn't like "venting" at first but the idea of being eternally stuck in a lightless limbo is kinda worse than death.

Femme's reveal was a little weak.

I hope the make a translation of Faiz. That would make my day.

any opinions?

what they could never do Faiz here people die left and right how would they make that different and plus they would change Faiz's name to some thing dumb.  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Shinesman Black RX
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:41 pm
hurm didn't think of that. I was just figuring Kuuga was too much to ask as he was REALLY violent and the footage might look a bit old. The powers that be would more than likely do Den-o figuring that it's mega popularity in japan would transfer over. I am sure they could figure something around the killing in FAIZ I mean killing each other was the basic plot of Ryuki after all.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:04 am
Shinesman Black RX
hurm didn't think of that. I was just figuring Kuuga was too much to ask as he was REALLY violent and the footage might look a bit old. The powers that be would more than likely do Den-o figuring that it's mega popularity in japan would transfer over. I am sure they could figure something around the killing in FAIZ I mean killing each other was the basic plot of Ryuki after all.

I guess but remember this 4 kids were talking about the same people that ******** up one piece yu-gi-oh  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Shinesman Black RX
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:07 pm
true. Part of the major problem is not the guys working on the shows but the network standard and practices jerks. Classic example is the difference in quality between the REAL GHOSTBUSTERS syndicated episodes and the ABC Network ones. Syndication meant they could say things like "we are going to die" or "I will Kill him" while the network ones had to be softer to appease Standards and practices. If KRDK was syndicated I would bet it would be almost a straight adaptation.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:07 pm
your right but the lest they could do is treat kids with some respect and the Japanese show with respect I mean they could try to actually let them say henshin to transform or give them the right name  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

NeoBlue

4,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:22 am
I just can't bring myself to watch Dragon Knight.

Not because I'm a "Kamen Rider purist" or some BS like that, it's just the music and dubbing are GOD AWFUL.

The music in Ryuki was energetic and dynamic, the music in Dragon Knight is the most phoned-in lame a** shorthand attempt to be "cool sounding" I've heard in a while.

And the actors absolutely FAIL at voice acting for the scenes in which they're transformed. They read the lines off the script with no actual acting or delivery. It completely takes me out of the show.

I mean crap the first season of Power Rangers had better dubbing than this show.

PS Henshin means transform. I have no problem with them saying Transform. Hell I'll accept "change" even. Frankly, calling them "Kamen" rider's kind of annoys me, but I understand their desire to distance themselves from "Saban's Masked Rider"

I don't call a car a "Jidosha" or "kurruma" if it's made in Japan. IT'S A CAR.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:32 am
NeoBlue
I just can't bring myself to watch Dragon Knight.

Not because I'm a "Kamen Rider purist" or some BS like that, it's just the music and dubbing are GOD AWFUL.

The music in Ryuki was energetic and dynamic, the music in Dragon Knight is the most phoned-in lame a** shorthand attempt to be "cool sounding" I've heard in a while.

And the actors absolutely FAIL at voice acting for the scenes in which they're transformed. They read the lines off the script with no actual acting or delivery. It completely takes me out of the show.

I mean crap the first season of Power Rangers had better dubbing than this show.

PS Henshin means transform. I have no problem with them saying Transform. Hell I'll accept "change" even. Frankly, calling them "Kamen" rider's kind of annoys me, but I understand their desire to distance themselves from "Saban's Masked Rider"

I don't call a car a "Jidosha" or "kurruma" if it's made in Japan. IT'S A CAR.

um I would think we know what henshin means  

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

Shinesman Black RX
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:11 am
I think MASKED RIDER is still trademarked by Saban or Fox and that is why they are using Kamen Rider.

I personally don't mind all the characters. I think the guy playing Knight is Batman-y enough and Ouja good. Way above the quality of most kids programming.

I agree that they are definitely overusing the term in the series. I would also agree that they should say something other than "Kamen Rider" as a henshin sequence. Something as simple as "-insert rider name here-, transform" would make more sense.

I understand that they are trying to create brand recognition in a younger audience but I should not be able to create a drinking game with the phrase "Kamen Rider" and be trashed within the first 10 minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:24 am
Femme looks weird. I think she's had a nose job or something. Something is not right about her face. Its not that she isn't pretty, something just feels off about her.  

Riderman 3

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:15 am
but I wonder why they are trying to bring Kamen Rider over here I mean it work for the super sentai as the power rangers but there is just some riders that can't be done here I mean they could do den-o but like I said before they would change a lot of stuff  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:28 am
Savings on Production costs, You can bring over all the toys that didn't sell and make new ones from existing molds. You have a certain built in fan base and if it did really well in a similar market what is t o say that it will not do well in America. Look how successful samurai movies were in the sixties. Port and sub and the next thing you know you had an international hit. I just don't understand why Bandai does not simply DVD sets of the original show with subtitles and/or a dubtrack.  

Shinesman Black RX
Vice Captain

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:46 pm
Shinesman Black RX
Savings on Production costs, You can bring over all the toys that didn't sell and make new ones from existing molds. You have a certain built in fan base and if it did really well in a similar market what is t o say that it will not do well in America. Look how successful samurai movies were in the sixties. Port and sub and the next thing you know you had an international hit. I just don't understand why Bandai does not simply DVD sets of the original show with subtitles and/or a dubtrack.

yea that is something they could do and then we could even get the movies over here because I know a lot of fans of Kamen Rider would love to see some of the movies they made but can't find them anywhere to watch them  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
There are plenty of high quality boots of the movies cheap on ebay. I got a great copy of Faiz: Paradise lost that has awesome subs for less than 10.00.
I also found the first 15 episodes of Kuuga dubbed in Mandarin for 8.oo at a chinese video store.

I only buy "imports" like this because legit copies are unavailable. I have no problems paying more for a legit copy if they existed.

I really don't understand why Bandai won't just release them. Subs would cost them next to nothing. I'd buy every set.  

Shinesman Black RX
Vice Captain

Kamen Rider G
Captain

Angelic Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:41 pm
same here  
Kamen Rider heroes of the world

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash