Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kiwameru no Nindo: To Master the Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

Ninja Based RPG Guild. For literate mature players interested in creating and developing Ninja characters and their Shinobi Way. 

Tags: Ninja, Mature, Shinobi, Literate, Role Playing 

Reply Archives
Jutsu's and Techniques

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we keep Jutsu's and Techniques?
Yes, Its established and everyone knows how to use them.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, Lets get more real and make this unique.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Let's only keep a few. It makes it interesting
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Only keep clan stuff to keep them special
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
I can't decide because I hate decisions
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Saburi Kashikiri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:29 pm
We have a big decision to make.

Are we going to keep Naruto like Jutsus and Techniques or not?

If we do not keep them we have to come up with a whole new system. If you vote not to keep them you MUST provide an alternative. This alternative needs to include an example of a special technique or such for a clan.

7 day poll  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:59 am
I think we should leave the techniques, because it's very much Naruto about them. With them it will still make us look like a Naruto guild. I still think we should be more with reality. Keeping it to the 17th century Japan. Of course there can be some extra things but that should be minor stuff kept within the clans. Yet maybe have it more scientific-ish.

Like take the Hana clan. When they pull out a string hair it hardens as steel. The stronger your mind is the stronger effect such a thing would be. To shoot fire could involve some surgery in where a oil pipe can be placed int he mouth and two teeth turned into granite (Rurouni Kenshin manga has such an enemy) Yet the fire breathing clan are the only who know how to do such a surgery without alter the users lifestyle.

For normal then smoke bombs, tactics and natural instinct should be the main for the ninjas.  

Dokuro Togiretogire

Original Sex Symbol

VVLB

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am
Well I'm going to suggest that we keep a tiny amount of them, but only let the strongest person of the village have one as it's the mark of a leader or something as when someone can do one they would fight to the death with the old leader or something along those lines, while everyone else can do something similar if there is a way to make it look like magic while still being within the realm of possibility, for example the RuroKen "firebreather" that Dokuro already posted.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:33 pm
I kinda like how this thought process is going.

Here's what I say.

We get ride of most of the justus but we keep a few. These few "mystical" attacks can be gained one of two ways

1) Years of training both mental and physical have allowed the weilder access to unexplained techniques. These techniques often appear mystical and are almost impossible to explain.

This would require the character to have a high rank and would have undergone years of ninja training and meditation. Each of these jutsus will also require a high recoil such as energy drain and they can only be used once in a set time. They will probably last resorts and show a power and prestige as well as a large level of control.

2) Clan.

Clans are groups of ninja's that have been practicing and perfecting the arts for generations. Because of this they have created and developed special techniques. Many of which can not be explained or uncovered. because of this they have developed a magic like air about them. They could in fact defy the common laws of the universe. Once again they have a high recoil and are only taught to members of the clans. While younger members can have the basics only an older clan member has mastery.  

Saburi Kashikiri
Captain

Neia MX
Vice Captain

1,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:53 pm
Clan  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 pm
looks like a tie thus far  

Neia MX
Vice Captain

1,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

~Aya Goshen~

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 am
I'm for whatever you guys decide. Although I do like the skills the Hirotoris have... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:24 am
Since we have a tie the mods will decide  

Saburi Kashikiri
Captain

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out