Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Elemental Saga(Modern Fantasy/ Intermediate or higher) OPEN! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How is this?
  Good!
  So-so
  Not looking good
View Results

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:24 pm
STORY:

An area unknown to all mortals...

The Goddess Altera was walking through the fields of her creation. She was happy that the earth turned out as beautiful as it did. As she lean against a tree to rest, something happened...

The sky turned unnaturally dark. Lightning streaked across the sky... Suddenly, a man appeared before Altera.

"Tyrant." Altera said simply.

Tyrant looked down at Altera, "Look at you, my sister. Prancing about the earth like a mortal. Why do you not use your power to its full potental?"

"The mortals deserve a life of their own," Altera said simply, "They have lived their lives free of strife and conflict, so there is no need for me to interfere."

"Then there is much you do not know, dear sister..." Tyrant laughed, "Mortal are despising each other for who they are. Your gift of diversity has spawned hatred through the humans."

Altera laughed, "But that is YOUR doing, my dear brother. You planted hatred in them!"

Tyrant stared cold and hard into Altera's eyes, "Altera, my sister. Why do you continue to defend them? I just don't get it... No matter, I came for a reason. It is because of the hatred of the humans that the Elder Gods have stripped your status of Lesser God. They demanded that your power and authority be given to me."

Altera laughed again, "Fool, brother. The Elder Gods know of your deeds. In fact, I'm suprised that YOUR power hasn't left!"

Tyrant would have no more of this. He raised a hand, and trapped Altera in a grip of dark energy.

"Now, I will take my rightful place as master of the humans!" Tyrant roared.
"Look elsewhere, brother!" Altera said, then opened up the gate containing all her power. Bursts of elements blasted off into the sky and flew towards the south.

Tyrant roared in outrage, "You fool! Do you realize what you've done?!?"

Altera, now losing all her energy, said, "I gave the human race hope..."

Tyrant roared and unleashed a powerful binding spell. A clear crystal appeared and encased Altera within the gem.

"Now, you will be punished for this act!" Tyrant spat, then walked of, carrying the crystal with him.

New York City. July 3rd, 1991

At that time, a young boy of 9 was living in a rather small city when his life was suddenly changed...

One night, when he was laying in his bed, trying to sleep, a black sphere broke through the window and colided with the ground. The boy, named Kyle, was horrified at the unwelcome object. However, something strange was happening... He heard a voice, a female voice...

"To whoever this gets to...

"The world you know is nothing more than a lie. Hear me out: I am Altera, goddes of the earth, and I beesech you, mortal man, to take the crystal, for it has chosen you, and will respond only to you, to use its power. There are dark forces at work, and you have to stop it. Take the Crytsal of Chaos, And become a Knight of Chaos, the element of darkness."

Kyle was mystified. Altera? Knight of Chaos? It didn't seem likely.

But then again, neither does recieving a Crystal full of her power.

Kyle decided to go for it. He clutched the crystal in his hands, and felt an incredible power surge through him. He felt one of the seven elements plant itself within his body. The element he felt... was darkness.

When he looked outside, he saw similar crystals with different colors. He guessed that they were differrent elements.

Would he look for them? He didn't know...

Ten years have passed. Kyle is now in full control of the Crystal's power. The element of darkness is now his to control. As the years went on, demons have been sighted in the city. Kyle took it upon himself to fight these monsters before they destroyed his home. Leading the double life as a college student, Kyle is struggling to maintain his regular life and his life as a Crystal Bearer. At first, he took this as a his new life, but as time went on, he felt an omnious prescence grow stronger and stronger... there was something approaching his city... but what was it? And can he face it?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:08 pm
Character Template:

Name: (Make this realistic. First AND last names. Middle name optional)
Crystal sad Explained in the Story post...)
Powers: (You may have up to 5. I'm not talking about control over the element you have, since that's a given. I'm talking about special powers like flight, invisibility, mind control, Etc. And no G-modding powers like Invincibility or Instant Ressurection. Powers related to your appearence also counts as one of the 5. I.E: If your Soul Release Form has wings, then flight is one of your 5 powers. Also, be smart and keep powers similar to your element. For example, darkness elemental humans cannot use their mind control on creatures with a Light attribute.)
Soul Reaper: (This is a weapon that is formed out of the element you are. Use my character as an example)
Bio sad No one word sentences... but no essay's please!)
Personality:
Human Appearence sad Picture preferred.)
Unleashed Apprearence: (Picture, still. But a more epic looking picture.)

The Crystals:

Crystal of Will: Fire(Taken by Otulissa)
Crystal of Serenity: Water/Ice (taken by bblove baby)
Crystal of Freedom: Wind/lightning (Friction in wind causes lightning. Make lightning powers rare)
Crystal of Heart: Earth(taken by bblove baby)
Crystal of Order: Light
Crystal of Chaos: Darkness(Taken by Hellfire Champion)

Accepted Profiles:

The Knight of Chaos

Name: Kyle Riverway
Crystal: Crystal of Chaos.
Powers:

Havok Edge: A burst of Darkness from the Chaos Wing, devourers anything it touches.
Soul Leech: Kyle places his hand on his victims head, and drains away life force from his victims body. Required to sustain his power.
Dark Radiance: Throws the Chaos Wing into the air, and a massive force of darkness envelops everything around him, ripping it to shreds.
Tyrant's Blessing:The power to perform superhuman feats of strength, and reflexes are incredibly high, more than what normal standards are for Crystal Bearers.
Hellfire RampageThe inferno from Hell itself erupts from underground and destroys anything it touches. Nothing can avoid this attack once unleashed. Requires a vast amount of Soul in order to unleash.

Soul Reaper: Chaos Wing
Bio: Kyle lost his parents at an early age. Raised by an uncle who never really cared for him, Kyle had lived a lonely childhood. Too timid to reach out to other people, Kyle soon became alienated by his peers. Withdrawing deep into himself, Kyle has forgotten how to truly socialize with others. But as the years went on, bullies targeted him for his antisocial behavior. Beaten by more people than he can count, Kyle's outlook on life soon degenerated to anger, and he grew to hate people. But his childhood innocence never left him. He hated people, but he could never raise a hand to defend himself. It was around then that the Crystal of Chaos reached him. Reacting with the hatred in his body, the Crystal attached itself to him. But how will he use this power? To save the people who oppressed him? Or to exact his revenge on the monster who despised him?
Personality: In his human form, Kyle is timid and shy, never wanting to talk to people, but if he does, he wouldn't know what to say. Especially around girls. He gets flustered when he speaks easily. But in his Unleashed form, he changes into a different person entirely. He becomes a man who can't settle for a wrist slap. He wants to hurt, he wants to destroy. He wants to kill. And nothing will stop him until he spills enough blood, whether it be demon blood, or human blood, he's not very picky.
Human Appearence: Kyle Riverway
Unleashed Appearence:Kyle Unleashed

The Knight of Will

Name: Soleil "Leila" Renard
Crystal: Crystal of Will
Powers:
FireFlight -- Shooting fire out of your feet to propel you through the air like a rocket. The fire can also form wings to allow Leila to fly faster and more accurately.
Flame Needles -- Sharp needles made of flames that cut and burn you; they can pierce your body while unleashing fire at the same time.
Heat Master -- When touching the enemy's skin, the heat will either drain away or the heat will build up and rise into a burning fever. This can be used as an attack...but also as a way of healing.
FlameShield -- A shield of flames can envelop up to five people to protect them; others on the outside will get burned if they touch the shield of flames. Whoever is inside the shield does not feel uncomfortably hot or cold; the temperature is always perfectly maintained.This shield is hard to keep up and can drain a lot of energy. The less people, the easier it is to manage.
Crimson Glue -- This is basically hot, red-colored glue that can cause the enemy to stick to the ground, stick to each other, et cetera. It is very hot to the touch, and sticks better than any glue out there; it's the ultimate glue!

Soul Reaper:The Demontooth
Bio: Soleil Renard was born in Paris, France, but her family moved to New York City when she was seven. She grew up with not too many friends, but a nice small circle. She found herself discovering passion in writing. In school, she was always hard-working and determined. She studied hard, and excelled in all of her classes. She was quite hard on herself, and set high expectations. She hated bullies, and was always the one to stand up for people. She would end up beating up bullies if they said something offensive about her or one of her friends. She had a hot temper, and strong beliefs that she stood by. Soleil was pretty independent, but even so, she had a nice relationship with her parents and friends. However, she never really had a boyfriend or crushes because she felt that boys were a stupid distraction and even if they were not, no one she met really met her high standards.
Personality: In her human form, Soleil is hard-working, opinionated, strong-headed, and talkative. In her Unleashed form, she is less chatty and friendly and more serious. Her determination and strong-headedness amplifies, and her will power increases a lot. She becomes a lot stronger and more easily angered.
Human Appearance:Just a Normal Girl
Unleashed Appearance: Fear the Fire

The Knight of Serenity

Name: Katherine Brandt
Crystal: Crystal of Serenity
Powers:
Ice Shriek: This power enables the Crystal Bearer, with a shriek that rips from the bottom of one's heart, to demand that the skies rain down ice shards. The ice shards will penetrate any armor or any material shield (that means non-elemental).

Rain Blessing: This allows the Crystal Bearer to heal him/herself or a comrade. Must have water nearby. Will not work if the Bearer of the comrade is too close to death.

Ocean Rage: With this power, the Crystal Bearer forgets all common sense and becomes as wild and untamed as the ocean itself. The Bearer becomes a vicious, deadly fighter and reflexes are enhanced even farther than normal. The Bearer will become unconcious for a while once this power leaves. Should be used sparingly.

Rivergod's Gift: This enables the Crystal Bearer to produce a shield of water that absorbs any weapons or attacks thrown at it. Requires minimal water.

Bubble Kiss: The Crystal Bearer is able to create bubbles that will contain images or sounds and deliver it to another. It is a convenient form of communication, because only the intended receiver can hear/see the message.

Soul Reaper: Riptide
Bio: Katherine was raised by her grandmother. Her mother died in childbirth and her father left before her mother even realized she was pregnant. Katherine's grandmother supplied all the love she could ever want, and her father sends her money so that she never wants for anything. She is, for all intents and purposes, wealthy. Her grandmother passed away recently, leaving her alone in the world since she hasn't the slightest idea where her father is nor does she want to find him.
Personality: Katherine in her human form is playful, irresistable and happy-go-lucky. She is always smiling and is loves to meet new people, although she doesn't like to chatter unnecessarily. Her childish demeanor hides a more serious maturity and a sharp perceptiveness that is necessary for her to be the Knight of Serenity. As the Crystal Bearer, people can't help but feel calmed and more peaceful around her, a helpful bonus to her comrades before a battle.
Human Appearence: Katherine at play!
Unleashed Apprearence: Katherine at work!

The Knight of Heart

Name: Brian Jeremy Yokishima
Crystal: Heart
Powers:
Prison of Thorns allows the Crystal Bearer to construct a restraining ball of thorns around an enemy to keep them contain. Size of the prison depends on the control the Crystal Bearer has over his/her Crystal.

Pan's Blessing allows the Crystal Bearer to heal wilting plants with a touch. Healthy plants can then be manipulated by the Crystal Bearer's power.

Transfer of Life allows the Crystal Bearer to take the health and life of plants and take it for him/herself or give it to a comrade. It requires a lot of energy from the Crystal Bearer.

Nature's Flame allows the Crystal Bearer to create new plant life out of nothing, but the Crystal Bearer must use his own life force to do so. This is extremely taxing, but the plants can now be manipulated by the Crystal Bearer for multiple purposes.

Goliath's Thunder allows the Crystal Bearer to create earthquakes and cracks in the ground, although it is extremely dangerous.
Soul Reaper: Trueflight
Bio: Brian was born and raised in the ghetto and both his parents were killed before he turned 7. With no family in the world, Brian turned to the streets where he ran with the gangs. He grew to be street-smart, tough and a good fighter. However, a gang leader saw Brian as a potential threat and decided to be rid of him before Brian could grow into a real threat. One cold night saw Brian bleeding on the ground, near death. A good minister found him and took him home to heal. Brian was 13 at the time. Brian discovered his Crystal on the first night he was conscious at the minister's house. He still currently lives with the minister, who has no wife or children of his own, and likes his life well enough. It took a lot of adjusting, and he still cannot trust people and prefers to sleep with a knife under his pillow. However, he loves the minister--you just wouldn't be able to get him to admit it.
Personality: Brian is stoic, distant and mostly unemotional. The only time he is ever gentle is when he is dealing with plants. Plants seem to lean towards him when he walks and Brian treats them much better than he's ever treated any human being. He is hard to read, but die-hard loyal if you can get through those barriers.
Human Appearence: Brian at play!
Unleashed Apprearence: Brian at work!  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 pm
Follow All Gaia TOS and all rules set by this guild. Read them if you need a refresher.

A few extra things to keep in mind:

-Don't overglorify your character. This makes it look like the story revolves around you and only you. Don't make your character a total badass and go around acting all awesome and in command. This just annoys everyone and no one likes it. I have a plan for where I'm taking this RP. Plot arcs are acceptable, but any MAJOR story arc will have to be cleared by me.

-I will not tolerate inactivity. Vanish for over a week without telling me why, and I WILL delete your profile, and you will not be allowed to RP in this RP again. You haven been warned.

-PM me with the message, "I am the Knight of _____" (<-Whatever crystal you want) so I know you read the rules)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:20 am
The White list!

If you make it here, then you have contributed much to this RP, and deserve special recognition!

The Black List:

Those who make it on this list are either spammers, inactive after repeated warnings, or annoying in general

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:07 pm
((We are now OPEN!!! I'll start us off!))

A school bus was overturned, flipped off the side of the road. The passangers, still alive, were screaming in terror, for the bus crash was onyl the least of their worries.

Standing over the broken vehicle was a massive monster! The monster was about tree high, and was standing on all fours. Bare muscles and skeleton stood out, as if the creature had no skin. It reared back its head and let out a massive roar. The roar shattered the glass of the bus, and shook the very earth. It brough its head closer, mouth gaping open, ready for a fresh meal.

Just then, a voice called out:

"Havok Edge!"

A blast of pure darkness seared through the air, and it sliced off a portion of the beasts skull. It recoiled, letting go of the bus, and grabbed its face, howling in pain and rage.

The passangers on the school bus cheered. Their savior had come.

Kyle Riverway, in his Unleashed form, was calmly walking down the road the bus was previously on. His Soul Reaper, Chaos Wing, rested on his shoulders. His face concealed by a black hood.

Even if the people saw his face, it wouldn't make much of a difference. His ahir color and eye color changes in his Unleashed Form, so only someone who knew him would be able to identify him.

No issues there, since he related to no one.

The monster faced its new target, and howled again.

"Is that all you do?" Kyle asked calmly, though not expecting an answer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 pm
((I was about to make my first post... but a question had arisen. When is this taking place? Like month and/or season? My character is 18, and is a senior in high school... so I was wondering if this should be during her school days, or during summer, or perhaps spring break or something?))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 pm
((This is Monday Afternoon. After school.))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm
User Image

Soleil Renard was walking home after school with one of her friends.

"Ah, I can't believe it's already getting cold even though it's just October..." Soleil's friend, Ally, said.

"Yeah," Soleil agreed. She rolled her eyes and complained, "I hate it when it's cold...Ugh... Winter sucks."

"Yeah, but it's not winter yet!" Ally said.

Soleil laughed and said, "Yup! It's just good ol' autumn. Well, bye then!" Soleil started walking to the left; that was her way home.

Ally turned to the right, which was her way home. She shouted farewell, "See you later, Leila!"

Soleil walked home at a fast, almost giddy pace. She was not exactly running, but she was trying to get home quick. She wanted to hurry up and finish all of her homework as fast as possible so she could experiment with her Unleashed Form.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:56 pm
As the monster lurched forward, it opened its gaping moutch and tried to bite Kyle.

"...Pathetic," he huffed as he easily jumped out of the way.

"Havok Edge!"

He swung his sword forward and unleashed a bolt of dark energy towards the beast. It collided with the arm, and severed it completly off.

Now with three legs, the beast was crippled. It howled in pain and rage.

"What's wrong?" Kyle taunted, "I thought you were hungry?"

He was having so much fun taunting this monster. His others ide, his human form, would have never been able to do this, not because he's the one with the power, but because he's too timid. He wouldn't have the guts to fight like he is.

"Come on," Kyle taunted again, motioning with his hand to come on, "I'm getting bored over here!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:11 pm
User Image

Soleil was almost to her apartment building, sandwiched between other tall buildings in New York City, but then she noticed someone...someone who looked as if they had a Crystal as well! He was fighting a monster, and she froze, watching. The guy seemed to be taunting a monster, who only had three limbs. She couldn't help but feel bad for the monster, even though she normally hated them. This Knight was being too cruel.

Soleil sighed and muttered, "Homework is gonna have to wait..." She ducked behind a tree, and transformed into her Unleashed form when she closed her eyes. Her hair turned a more fiery color, her face and eyes changed, her breasts shrunk a bit (which was rather odd... ), and her outfit took on a complete and utter change.

In her new form, she ran out, and yelled, "FireFlight!" Fire shot out of her feet, and gorgeous flaming wings emerged from her back, allowing her to lift up into her sky.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:12 pm
"What the hell?!?" Kyle started as he heard a blast of flame, "Another monster?"

But this was no monster. He saw what looked like... an angel? And angel of fire?

Kyle gaped, this couldn't be... If she was using fire like he used darkness...

It's another Crystal Knight!

Kyle watched as she started in the air, her body engulfed in flame. This was a fire user!

He remembered ten years ago, when he recieved his Crystal of Chaos, he saw different colored meteroites fly across the sky...

"You're..." Kyle started, but he stepped back as the monster howled again.

"Dammit, no time to worry about that!" Kyle snapped, chatisizing himself, "If she's here, then here's hoping she can fight..."

As the beast opened up its mouth, It unleashed a beam of Negative at Kyle, who leaped out of the way. The Negative blasted into the ground and erased all the blacktop of the road they were on, replacing it with a ravaged hole.

"Ugh! You're such a pain!" Kyle snapped. As the monster reared back to strike with its palm, Kyle leapt up, and slashed downward, severing the hand of this beast.

He hoped that this woman, whoever she was, wouldn't kill it right off the bat. He was getting low on Soul, so he needed to weaken this monster to a critical point... But he didn't know how this woman would fight...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 am
User Image

Soleil got rather pissed off at what the other knight was doing; she did not like drawing out battles because it did not seem fair at all. It seemed like an unnecessary thing to do if it could be helped.

"Flame Needles!" she yelled as she hovered above the monsters. Needles shot out of seemingly nowhere and assaulted the monster, burning into its skin.

Then, she flew closer to the monster, right above and slightly behind it, and whispered, "Heat Master."

She felt the monster's high heat, so decided it would be easier to raise his heat rather than drain it. She reached out her hand and touched the monster's hot skin, raising the temperature until it reached an unnatural, a deadly, level. Then, she leaped back and flew higher, and watched as the monster dropped down, sweating desperately trying to cool down quickly.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:11 am
Kyle growled at this newcomer's tactics. She was ruining his fun! And if she killed it there, he'd have to wait for another Forsaken to show up! Argh!

He decided to end this. Now.

Kyle rushed forward and leapt onto the monster's back. Jamming his sword into the skull, he snapped,

"Soul Leech,"

Black energy began to bleed from the monster's skull. As the seeped out, the flesh of the monster seemed to wither away and dissolve. The energy collected around Kyle's sword, and it soaked up all the energy.

Within seconds, the monster was another pile of bones, which crumbled to dust and were swept away in the wind.

Kyle's sword vanished, and he looked at the new person with disdain. His hood covered most os his face, and since he had different hair color and eye color, recognition was easily avoidable.

Still, she did look rather familiar... But he couldn't place anything on it...

He spat on the ground, "So... A Knight of Will, huh?" he asked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 am

Soleil watched as the fellow Knight hastily killed the monster. She rolled her eyes and muttered, "Show-off..."

She watched the monster die quickly, and become a pile bones, then dust, and then the monster was nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah. And what kind of a Knight are you?" Soleil responded in a gruff voice. She didn't like this guy's attitude.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:16 am
Kyle snickered, "You mean you can't tell? That's so sad. How long have you held that Crystal? Five minutes?"

He jammed a thumb towards him, "I'm the Knight of Chaos. And you, Knight of Will, are in my way,"

He's collected enough Soul to last him awhile now. He needed to get back. He had a test tomorrow that he forgot the study for.

He looked behind him, at the overturned schoolbus. He sighed, and strode over. The pathetic passangers were still trapped in the bus. With a mighty yank, he pulled a door free, since all of them had been jammed when the monster attacked. The passangers escaped the bus and cheered.

Kyle didn't care. He didn't even know why he helped them. He just... did. Strange.

"Whatever," he grunted, and strode past her. But he stopped as he thought of something.

"I haven't seen you before," Kyle said, "And i've had my Crystal for ten years. Have you seen anyone else like us?"

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff