Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Australia bans Left 4 Dead 2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your thoughts?
  THIS IS BULL!!
  Their fault for electing their ESRB
  Who cares about Australia?
View Results

Cybylt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:48 am
Source

Quote:
Did the people working for Australia's Classification Board forget to take their crazy pills? They sure have been banning alot of games recently! According to the OFLC's official website, Left 4 Dead 2 has been refused classification in Australia due to it's 'high impact violence' against 'living humans infected with a rabies-like virus' thus making it unsuitable for minors under the age of 18.
Oddly enough, the game doesn't seem any more graphic than the previous Left 4 Dead game, or the majority of other M-Rated games for that matter.
Strange.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:52 am
Australians are too uptight. Have they forgotten their country was founded as a prison colony (no offense)? Besides, I'm sure they've seen much more violent games like GTA4.  

The Argonauts

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 pm
This doesn't really matter. The gamers there will just import it. It's not that hard to get around.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:10 pm
Yeah, no kidding. Not like emulators ever stopped people from getting japanese games...  

XxScarecrowxX

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 pm
The game stores should carry the game and only sell it to people that are at least 18. Similar to what stores are supposed to do with M games and the age 17.

Unless it's illegal for these stores to carry the game? I'm unfamiliar with Australian laws.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:08 am
nitnit
The game stores should carry the game and only sell it to people that are at least 18. Similar to what stores are supposed to do with M games and the age 17.

Unless it's illegal for these stores to carry the game? I'm unfamiliar with Australian laws.

Please no.  

Jonnnn

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 am
Australia should lighten up. It's just a mindless bloody game. there's nothing wrong with that. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:23 am
Their review board's - the OFLC - Head stated they simply won't review it.

It's mostly that douche though, ever since he was elected it's been crap after crap for them. However, he approved of nude paintings of children. Claiming that they "cannot restrict the arts."

Obviously he should go head-but a bullet and save someone the trouble.  

Cybylt

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:30 am
Jonnnn
nitnit

Please no.

A certain someone named Jon is still bitter that he's 18 without a proper ID I see ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 pm
nitnit
Jonnnn
nitnit

Please no.

A certain someone named Jon is still bitter that he's 18 without a proper ID I see ninja

Lulululululululul that's okay. I've an Arizona one and I live in Idaho... -not too much help-  

XxScarecrowxX

kami-ninja11

7,750 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:38 am
wat???/?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 am
oh, come on. they're australians. they've seen worse things than mindless zombies. if they can stand to shove that horrifying concoction known as vegemite down their throats every day, i'm sure they can handle some bloody undead slaying.

(sorry for the australia stereotyping there, haha. i personally think australia is badass.)  

sushi phish

Raike99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:17 pm
lolaustralia  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:05 am
video games are supposed to be bloody mindless and involve killing your own kind..and since..well...they are zombies....even if it WAS just some sort of rabies like disease they are still trying to eat you and you still have guns...  

Niaxus

Link_Noroshima

1,300 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:05 pm
Dont they have Gamestops in Australia if so then I agree with what nitnit said about them only selling rated M games to people who are at least 18 even though I really don't see the sense in that when its not a really hardcore Mature rated game... Just voicing my opinion so that no one can really get somehow mad at what I say but all I'm really saying is look at a game like God Of War 1 & 2, then look at games like Left 4 Dead or Half Life; when you do you will then see what I mean when I say that it really isn't a hardcore Mature rated game.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff