Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Media & Literature
Favourite Book/ Author? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Deschaine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Questing Ain't What it Used to Be...

As the title says who and what are your favourites?

My favourite book is by an Australian author called Isobelle Carmody, it is Ashling from the Obernewtyn Chronicles. It is the third book in the series and my favourite so far.
Isobelle would also have to be my favourite author of all time. I have read all her books and love them all. I guess she would be considered a teen fantasy writer though I think most people could enjoy them. I had to read the first Obernewtyn book for school when I was in year 8 and I have been waiting ever since for the final book. I think it will be worth the wait.

That having been said I believe that Stephen King is probably the greatest author of our time. I have only read his Dark Tower series and the Green Mile but they were amazing. I don't know if anyone has read the Dark Tower but it really makes you things and the characters are wonderful. There are some parts where you are just like you can't be serious but he makes them work.

...Care to Help a Girl Out?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:14 pm
Dean Koontz.  

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Miichiyo

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:26 pm
Anne Rice.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 am
I don't really have a favorite. gonk
I read too many books that I like. None of them stand out from the rest though.

Aerobe
Captain

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:18 pm
My favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. I don't really have a favorite character, but more like I have many characters I really like. My favorite book series so far is Kim Harrison's The Hollows or whatever it is. I also really like R.A. Salvatore's The Drizzt series (you can see by my siggy).

I used to really like Anne Rice, but once I read Merrick, I didn't like her books anymore. Her book The Mummy/Ramses the Damned was AWESOME!

My friend lent me the first book from the Obernewtyn Chronicles and told me to read them. I still have yet to read it. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:12 pm

==========
A very small degree of hope

heart I read The Count of Monte Cristo for Brit. Literature. It was alright, but a lot of details to it @_@ I tried to read Anne Rice, but it was probably the most detailed piece I've ever read, so it's not a favorite (though I love the "Interview with a Vampire" movie)

My favorite author is Anne Bishop, the creator of The Black Jewels Trilogy. She's got some good stuff =3 heart

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

rainbow_in_the_dark

Magical Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:13 pm
Lord if I had to say one author I would probably pick David Eddings right now. I love almost every series of his that I have read.

Second runner ups would include melanie rawn, roger zelanzy, david drake, and a couple of others. (is a big fantasy novels junky)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:34 pm
My favorite book would have to be... "The Samurai's Tale", as for favorite author I'm not sure. "The Samurai's Tale" is the only book that I have ever been able to read more than once.  

Psychedelic Medic

Lonely Informer

Najanko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:03 pm
Robin McKinley's one of my favorite authors, especially her book, Sunshine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:23 pm
User Image
I can't help being a gorgeous fiend.

My favorite book is The Vampire Lestat. If you've read Interview with the Vampire or seen the movie adaptation of Interview or Queen of the Damned and decided that you didn't want to read the rest, rethink that, because The Vampire Lestat is the best book in the whole series and it is soooo much better than Interview.

It's just the card I drew.

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

jesse quick

Swashbuckling Gekko

9,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Olympian 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm
User Image
[ Feels good just to walk ]

My favourite author is Terry Pratchett, and my favourite book is Nation (written by him)
It's like that book was written for me, it deals with all the issues I think are important and is written in a way that just clicks with me.

[ These streets of nowhere ]

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:25 pm
I don't really have a favorite author, but my favorite story is Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass. It's pretty cool.

Ryeder

[Ja.Lo.Yo.Lo.Ti.]

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

I really love Ellen Wittlinger~
    Hard Love is my favorite book of all time

Although I'm not sure how much credit this gets considering I hardly ever read at all. I only stumbled upon it and thus Wittlinger because of required reading in school.

School pretty much ruined books for me.
    -______________-

Media & Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas