Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue Atsushi-Kai

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:08 am
Well known in the furry art community, Asphyxita!on/Seiyoku/Pixel Acorn has taken off with a lot of people's money. She took nearly half a mill in gold from me for art she's decided not to do. I finally got through to an Omni Mod, and she needs help finding something on Gaia where she said that she wasn't going to do art for anyone. There's her DA and FA accounts, but they can't be used since they are not on Gaia, and therefore might not be her.

She used to be in here pretty frequently, so if anyone knows of a thread she said anything in, or anything that'll help in the investigation, please let me know. I appreciate any help you guys might be able to give.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 pm
Yes, I know her, I had her make me some art as well. But I paid her and she put out. No pun intended. 500k isn't much. Especially for a thing like Gaia. Maybe this Pixel Acorn person took in all these requests and has been inactive. If not then, well hey get over it, I'm not trying to sound rude but it's just gaia gold.

Anyway:

Yes, I know who you're talking about.

No, I do not know where this person has gone but I think this person maybe inactive.

Possible solution: Let it go.  

Isaol

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:53 pm
This seems to be a somewhat common problem for some reason for many furry artists... I honestly don't understand it at all.

They get good, popular, and then all of the sudden they split saying they're leaving forever for apparently no reason. For some, they leave without finishing any commissions and taking all the money with them. (It's apparently well known that HMO/whatever they go by now has done this several times under different aliases.) For others, they do it right and leave with no commissions or anything. However, for most of these people who leave, they eventually come back usually under a new alias.

I just don't get it. If you're tired of it all, just say you're taking a break but you'll be back in a year or something. No need to go all "I'm leaving FOREAVAH!!!", and especially no need to do this when you have commissions still sitting on your desk. If there's too many commissions, then just stop doing them! It's not that hard. Hell, I'm not that good but I've been asked about doing commissions before. I know it'd just ruin it for me to have a huge deadline that I couldn't meet easily, so I don't do them. Plus, it'd interfere with schooling and that always comes first.

Anyway, as far as anything you can do... Well, if she's gone, she's gone. You can't do anything about it. Best you can do is warn others. If you ever see an artist pop up in the future who has an awfully similar art style, compare the art styles closely and discuss it with others. If it turns out it's probably her, then inform others. Can't have another one of those HMO types around...

In case you're wondering who HMO is...well, here's an article on her.
hxxxxxxxp:/xxxxxx/encyclopediadramatica.com/HMO (Edit, don't go to this link unless you wish to see adult material. You have been warned! This is NSFW) (Also, sorry for not including the warning earlier. I had forgotten that there was a thumbnail and larger image of adult nature there.)
Please note that while I don't trust Encyclopedia Dramatica when it comes to anything furry or anything objective, they seem to have a pretty good record there. I've heard similar claims from other sources as well, so it's nothing new as far as I'm aware of. Of course, people can change but the prevalence of people who do this seems rather common... confused  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm
It could be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2-NL0dia0  

Isaol

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:18 pm
Isaol
So, this "HMO" is an individual? You think Pixel Acorn is Holly? I don't see how you could jump to that conclusion. Also, judging by the 'typical HMO furry art.' I think it would have been better for her customers not to get their requested art.

Anyway:

It could be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2-NL0dia0

I don't think Holly has anything to do with it. User Image

Yes, HMO is an individual artist... o.0;
And nah, just using HMO as an example. Pixel Acorn's art and style is totally different from HMO's. I never even said she was HMO anyway. I only said things that indicated she might be "another HMO". Just like when people say someone is "another Einstein", they don't mean Einstein is literally inhabiting the body of that person or that the person is a zombie Einstein... confused

Probably doesn't help though that HMO has so many fricken' aliases though...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm
My mistake, good luck finding Pixel Acorn.  

Isaol

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 pm
500k is not chump change to me, I'd hate to lose that much.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 pm
I think she just linked her off-site journals.  

Selene Aries

Shaviv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:16 pm
Maybe she got religion.

I'm pretty sure she's in a steady relationship and has a kid - maybe she had a family crisis and just had to run.

Isn't/wasn't she a guild member?

I haven't seen her on Furcadia for a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm
Shaviv
Maybe she got religion.

I'm pretty sure she's in a steady relationship and has a kid - maybe she had a family crisis and just had to run.

She didn't. From what I gathered from her FA journals is that she let a friend stay with her and her boyfriend, the friend came between her and her bf, she got jealous and some how she got kicked out or left I can't recall witch happened. Either way she was staying with her bfs mom and left the internet sold her laptop or something like that to focus on her relationship, but she did say that she would do the commissions though I don't think anyone has seen any proof of them.

She is a guild member however I gave her 108k to do a sketch commission for me and never saw hide nor hair of it. It is up setting as that is a whole lot of gold to me.  

Shadows sweet embrace

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 pm
oh I think I deleted some of her art threads. She took off with people's money on FA, mine included  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:20 pm
Shadows sweet embrace
Shaviv
Maybe she got religion.

She didn't. From what I gathered from her FA journals is that she let a friend stay with her and her boyfriend, the friend came between her and her bf, she got jealous and some how she got kicked out or left I can't recall witch happened. Either way she was staying with her bfs mom and left the internet sold her laptop or something like that to focus on her relationship, but she did say that she would do the commissions though I don't think anyone has seen any proof of them.

She is a guild member however I gave her 108k to do a sketch commission for me and never saw hide nor hair of it. It is up setting as that is a whole lot of gold to me.

No,.what happened was that her BF broke up with her and she had a major breakdown. She decided that the internet was ruining her life so she gave her laptop away and said she was going to be gone an indefinite amount of time.

Later she put up a journal saying that she was not going to finish the commissions and would not be able to refund people their money. So in all..she ended up not refunding over $1000  

Rainey_angel81

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:51 pm
Rainey_angel81
Shadows sweet embrace
Shaviv
Maybe she got religion.

No,.what happened was that her BF broke up with her and she had a major breakdown. She decided that the internet was ruining her life so she gave her laptop away and said she was going to be gone an indefinite amount of time.

Later she put up a journal saying that she was not going to finish the commissions and would not be able to refund people their money. So in all..she ended up not refunding over $1000

Ah. sweatdrop Thanks for clearing it up Rain.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 pm
Asphy up and left the internets last I heard. Consider yourself lucky, she only took your gold. A lot of people lost out on real money when she decided to pull out and leave, claiming no refunds.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sadinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:21 pm
yeah. A lot of angry people...  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items