Reply Marijuana Discussion
Why i think weed should be legalized. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:03 pm
Just want to get peoples opinions on all this...

There is no empirical proof that marijuana is addictive. It may be habit forming, but what pleasurable activity isn't habit forming? You enjoy it and therefore want to do it more frequently - to say this is addiction is a huge unfounded leap. And if you just can't let go of your belief that marijuana is addictive - well, so are cigarettes, and they were legal last time I checked.

Alcohol is way the hell more dangerous and incapacitating than marijuana - yet booze is totally legit. Fact: I would feel much safer on the road if I knew pot was legal, but booze was not. How many violent acts, domestic and otherwise, are attributable to alcohol? Countless. How many can be attributed to pot? I'll bet the answer is zero - it has the opposite effect by relaxing the person. In fact, it's a peacemaker: people that were fighting are often brought closer together. like the breakfast club lol u seen it?

Legalizing marijuana would be an economic blessing for the U.S.: Billions of dollars in the U.S. are flushed down the toilet every year for (1) the numerous law enforcement agencies resources, (2) court costs, and (3) incarceration. How ridiculous is it that a guy busted with a quarter bag is sharing a cell with a sex offender or murderer? One is a serious threat to society, the other just wanted to get high and harm no one.

Legalizing marijuana would be an economic blessing for the U.S.: Billions would be generated for the government via taxes. I'm sure the government would tax marijuana like it does tobacco, and here's the numbers for that: (A) Federal excise taxes - $7,307,440,000, (B) State and local excise taxes - $15,087,691,000 (C) State cigarette sales taxes - $4,764,730,000, (D) Tobacco settlement payments - $7,200,000,000. Not exactly small change.

Legalizing marijuana would be an economic blessing for private industry. I think it goes without saying that companies that produce marijuana for legal use would be rolling in the dough (pardon my pun). That's jobs in production, distribution, marketing, and retail. Where's the problem?

And please don't tell me about the health risks. With millions of people in the U.S. smoking 20+ cigarettes a day, and millions more who are morbidly obese, please don't make me laugh worrying about people smoking a couple doobies a day. Trust me, no one is going to smoke 20+ joints a day on a regular basis (unless your name happens to be Tommy Chong).

I can't help but think that marijuana had a lot to do with the great music and movies that came out of the 1970's - not to mention the freewheelin' attitude and outrageous fashions.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:57 am
but there are no health risk when you smoke weed. otherwise there would be something wrong with me by now.  

red rabbiit

OH_Kerrshey

Tipsy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:06 pm
User Image

http://legalizepot.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

I ******** love that website. ^^

weed is only illegal (and still illegal) because of reefer madness. stare
its funny how half the s**t they tell you in D.A.R.E about it is all false...
and reefer madness propaganda.

i hate this world i live in crying

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 pm
Yes D.A.R.E. NOW THAT MAKES ME LAUGH here i go hahahahahahaha XD but hopfully some day people will know that weed is good and they will make it legal i cant wait for that day to come ^^  

HippieKrowly

HippieKrowly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 pm
oh wow that site tells u why it is illegal ha its funny so not true  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:55 pm
HippieKrowly
Yes D.A.R.E. NOW THAT MAKES ME LAUGH here i go hahahahahahaha XD but hopfully some day people will know that weed is good and they will make it legal i cant wait for that day to come ^^
User Image

but our WONDERFUL government cares so much
about their money stare

User Image

OH_Kerrshey

Tipsy Regular

Indie Jesus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 pm
HippieKrowly

Haha I saw a D.A.R.E glass pipe at one of the headshops near my house its sooo awesome I want it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm
ha if our government was wonderfull and they care only about there money so much they should legalize weed then they will make tons more of money since thats all they care about, making weed legal will be one of the best things for all of us  

HippieKrowly

Indie Jesus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm
I think that weed should be legalized because while some cop is busting some guys just chilling out smoking a joint not harming anyone but expanding his mind and trying to cope with life some other guy is getting away with selling meth or crack cocaine or some other guy is beating his wife because he got drunk and is sick of his life.No hes gotta go after someone who is no real threat to society just some guys trying to kick back and be friends I dont force it on anyone or anything I just chill.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 pm
yeah exactly man they dont see that weed is no problum but they rather pick on that other then doing stuff about the real problums like u said, like i said it would be sweet if we had a stoner president ^^ a smart one tho not bush.  

HippieKrowly

Moral Pot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:53 pm
Not to be rude, but don't you think that you're just preaching to the choir? sweatdrop  
Marijuana Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff