Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
When did you like Hetalia? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

When?
  Before the Anime was released
  After the Anime was released
View Results

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 pm

When did you like Hetalia? Before or after the Anime?

I liked it sense before the Anime, and to be frank, I don't even watch the Anime. :'D
(i hate watching cartoons) (plus the webcomic is way cooler)

Did you like it less or more when the Anime came out?
(I felt bad for the oldfans, like my self, who'd have to deal with newfans acting like the classical tard.)

And before anyone asks, I like Russians way before Hetalia was ever made. :T For the record. xD
(though, gotta say, Ivan did kinda help.)

BE HONEST

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:04 pm
I pretty much liked it before the anime came out. Once it came out, all of the psychos start to like it, giving us bad names. I still like it but I just hate it when people call the smart Hetalia fans retarded just for watching or reading it.  

lanie100

9,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Window Shopper 100

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:53 pm
lanie100
I pretty much liked it before the anime came out. Once it came out, all of the psychos start to like it, giving us bad names. I still like it but I just hate it when people call the smart Hetalia fans retarded just for watching or reading it.

BEST FRIEND.

Seriously, they act as bad as the Narutards. :T And then allll of a sudden, I'm getting called a f*****t for reading it, when I just like purely for the historical value. (it makes my classes funner~)

And blah, it makes me really keep to my self about my likes/dislikes. Because, seriously, I hate being called something because someone else is a huge d**k about it. :T Oh well. D:<

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:40 pm
RUSSOPHILIA
lanie100

BEST FRIEND.

Seriously, they act as bad as the Narutards. :T And then allll of a sudden, I'm getting called a f*****t for reading it, when I just like purely for the historical value. (it makes my classes funner~)

And blah, it makes me really keep to my self about my likes/dislikes. Because, seriously, I hate being called something because someone else is a huge d**k about it. :T Oh well. D:<

I know but what can you do? All that we need to do is just ignore those people and enjoy it like you do now biggrin  

lanie100

9,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Window Shopper 100

imacashew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:57 pm
I think I started to get into it about a week or two before the anime came out. I searched everywhere for the comics...it was a tedious task, but SO WORTH IT.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 pm
I learned about it listening to oldbie fan friends of mine ranting about the anime. So, I wasn't introduced to it until after the anime was several episodes in. But I've read a lot of the comics and love those to bits too.  

amusedandconfused

Interesting Cutie-Pie

iiR O K A S H I-x

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:02 pm
I'm not actually sure. I think it was maybe one or two episodes in, but I read the webcomic first. I read every single scanlated strip on LJ before I watched the anime. I think it was on episode five or six when I started watching it? I dunno. I liked Russia from the second I saw him. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:14 am
User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image
→ - - - - - - - - - - - - - • •
Thє lєαvєs hαd a wondєrful frolic.
Thєy dαncєd to the wind's loud song.

- - - - - - - -

To be honest..
I just knew the anime. I never even knew there was a manga about it. Although, I try to find the manga in some websites, but most of their links are broken. D:

I REALLY WANT TO READ THE MANGA. DAMMIT.

- - - - - - - -
Thєy whirlєd, αnd thєy floαtєd, and scαmperєd.
Thєy circlєd αnd flєw αlong.

dovelair

Greedy Capitalist

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:08 am
iUndead Shadow

- - - - - - - -

To be honest..
I just knew the anime. I never even knew there was a manga about it. Although, I try to find the manga in some websites, but most of their links are broken. D:

- - - - - - - -

Are you aware of the live journal full of the comic strips that have been translated?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 am
Honestly, I only know the Anime; I have seen a few pages of the Manga sent by my friends, but I just cannot find the direct link to it, to see it properly.

For the record, I was interested in WWII history long before I knew Hetalia, which is the reason why my friends exposed me to it from the very beginning.  

Einllikoach

dovelair

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:36 am
RUSSOPHILIA
iUndead Shadow

- - - - - - - -

To be honest..

- - - - - - - -

Are you aware of the live journal full of the comic strips that have been translated?

N-No..
Do you know the link? I didn't really know that they are being translated..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:17 am
I found out about it in October of last year... wow it's been a year already!

It didn't make me like anything I didn't already like, except it has made me say "I love America" for the first time in my life. xD

I also agree with you guys. I never tell anyone about my likes and dislikes because I don't want them to hate on me for that. I know that they can have their opinions, but my opinion is that they should stay open-minded about that kind of stuff.  

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:01 pm
iUndead Shadow
RUSSOPHILIA
iUndead Shadow

- - - - - - - -

To be honest..

- - - - - - - -

N-No..
Do you know the link? I didn't really know that they are being translated..

Hetalia LJ Scans and translations

I went all the way to the beginning for you.
You'll find that it's much better than the Anime. :'D

@Lanie100:
IKR? But I can't help but be aggravated.

@imacashew:
Better than liking it after, I say. At least you have two weeks on you. :'D

@amusedandconfused:
lawl, yeah. I don't b***h about Anime (because I don't watch it) unless the series I am watching suddenly become really popular. Then I b***h about it. xD Like now.

@xXxElementxGakikagexXx:
Lawl, they were only episode 20 when I was aware of the fact that there was an Anime of it.

@Einllikoach:
Well~! At least you had prior interest in history before you watched it. :'D
If you want to read the scans, just click the link I gave to Miss iUndead Shadow!

@Madame Royale:
Lawl, ikr? xD I've liked it forever now. :'D
Lawl, it sucks to keep to my self. Especially sense the only reason I'm ashamed to admit like likes/dislikes is because of the other people who like it. Now THAT is a tragity.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm
I just got into Hetalia in Aug.
I told myself I wasn't going to get into it, for I already have a WWII obsession.
But my friend kept on having inside jokes and so I fell victim to it.
And the fact that my Code Geass obsession is dying (still a fan, its not as bad as this)
I heard about Hetalia actually 2 or 3 years ago when one person LJ I was fallowing was talking about it.

arichu

Blessed Sex Symbol

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:56 pm

lawl, awesome! xDD Ha ha.

Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items