• Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:55 pm
WEEKLY DISCUSSION THREAD
[ Y O U R . W E E K L Y . D O S E . O F . D I S C U S S I O N ]

CURRENT DISCUSSION
GENDER CHANGING ITEMS
So I was looking through the AT Magazine Sub-forum and stumbled upon the article about "Romani's For Females" can you believe the first item gender switch was way back in 2004? It sure took them awhile to transfer over other items. What do you think of item crossovers over the years? How have they affected styles? What items are you still waiting to crossover? Any items you wish wouldn't of?

DISCUSSION IDEAS
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST SOME IDEAS!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:07 pm
I love this idea. C:

I wish male avatars could wear the blacklight stuff
and the complex bands. Also the medical shoes look
horrible on male avatars in my opinion.  

Jacob is awesome

Adored Sweetheart

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm

I was ecstatic when they switched the hand and feet wraps to M&F. I'm still waiting for knee/elbow pads, they would be handy.

I also have to say that skirts for guys was a big change in the way males make avatars for the longest time guys could only wear pants or shorts where as girls had multiple layer options.

Jacob - Alot of shoes look terrible regardless of gender although in most cases I prefer the way shoes look on males.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 pm
I think that of course some items just naturally look better on female avatars than male ones, but it was a good decision to make a lot of these items unisex. I've always prefered the female base avatar to a male one because they're more slender and most things just look better on them. Male ones tend to look bulky to me.  

Tokimons

Sylwithia

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Send your love into the future
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Send your love into the distant dawn
I love the fact that they are unisexing items. I don't want them to hold back either, unisex them all! 8D
I really want the longsleeve flannel shirts to be unisexed, and the kneepads.

I think unisexing has mostly affected male avatars, not so much females. Like you said, males have more layering options now. Crossdressing is easier for males too, now that some of our very feminine items (g-lol tops, maid dress, etc) have been unisexed.

Some items look kind of awkward when they are switched over though (legwarmers and g-lol socks, anyone?).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I absolutely love the fact that more items are becoming unisexed! Its about damn time some of these long awaited items became unisexed to begin with. Thank god they made skirts unisexed a while back. xd

The items being used by both avatar bases have impacted the way many of us have been styling them. Seems more and more people are coming up with great ways to use these items and the layering issues don't become a problem that much anymore. In fact, I see people use those layering issues to their advantages which is surprisingly refreshing for someone like me, who's been on and off Gaia (on various accounts) since '03. 3nodding

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
~Walt Kelly

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ No, you can't use my tribal images. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

littleraverjoey

Aged Citizen

13,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:18 pm

All I can say is I hope the Fatty never makes the cross over.

I see so many white trash preggos coming out of that item it isn't even funny gonk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:20 pm

I agree Joey, but I'm sure we will eventually get something. People have been wanting pregnant avatar items forever now. u.u

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

littleraverjoey

Aged Citizen

13,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm not so sure about that CC.

I honestly think that that whole thing is something Gaia wants to avoid. After all, if they wanted preggo avies, there would have been something by now, wouldn't there?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:57 pm

User Image
I imagine that the closest thing we'll get to pregnant avatars is if and when they make the Fatty available for female avatars.

0-DCB

Aekea Scarface

Jacob is awesome

Adored Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:16 pm
I sure hope there isn't a pregnant item.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:46 am
What about the black and white stripy stockings? I'm pretty sure they're still female only though I don't really see why they should be..  

szulikk

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Jacob is awesome

Adored Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:15 am
szulikk
What about the black and white stripy stockings? I'm pretty sure they're still female only though I don't really see why they should be..

They uni-sexed all the stockings.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:27 am
LittleRaverJoey

I'm not so sure about that CC.

I honestly think that that whole thing is something Gaia wants to avoid. After all, if they wanted preggo avies, there would have been something by now, wouldn't there?

That is very true. I hope they do, the last thing gaia needs is a bunch of prego avatars running around.

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Eserel

Versatile Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:20 pm
:/ there are some items out that that would be super easy to make unisex, but gaia is such a lazy a** they don't do it. i think gaia needs to step up and stop being lazy by only creating cash shop items and trying to sponge the floor with money. they need to actually listen to the users and feed to their wants rather than ignoring the oldest petitions and trying to fix what isnt broken, pissing the users off in the process.  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games