Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] All you have to do is ask (Vu x Achal)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 pm
User Image

The young male stalked through the pride lands, head down and eyes like rubies, dark and brooding. Whenever he came across a family playing in the sun he changed course and walked away without looking up, afraid the pad would spot him and want to say hello. There was a strong sense of community in this pride which Vu found unnerving. The greetings of neighborly strangers sounded to him like the squawks of angry birds. He was used to being the delinquent son in the Pridelands, the bully nobody liked, and the rogue lands only elevated him to the status of an uncouth ruffian.

He could act civilized if necessary, but watching his tongue required concentration he didn’t have with Mollie’s pregnancy weighing heavy on his mind. Being part of a pride was important to him. To Vu, pride life meant doing something worth while. He was a powerful youth with rippling muscle, a tattered muzzle and scars to prove his strength in battle, so he believed he had a lot to offer. His future should have looked bright.

Now he had to worry about being a father. Vu could be a warrior, a protector, a guard or solider of war, but a father? His own father had been so distant that he was nearly non-existent in Vu’s childhood. He wasn’t even sure what role a father should play in the life of his cubs. All he knew for certain was that he wanted to be a better father than the one he had.

Thirst burned his throat. He had been wandering since sunrise, struggling to put his thoughts in order. So far he hadn’t even found a place to start. Vu licked his tattered muzzle and headed toward the lake. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too crowded.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm
User Image

Achal press forward away from then den. Did he ever need a brake. Today it was loud and seemed over crowded even though he still had room for many more, but even so he knew he wouldnt trade it for the world. It seemed so long ago now that his mother had died and his sister had left, leaving him alone to raise two little ones.

Achal moved toward the lake trying to stir his thoughts away from the past. His sisters and his daughter, the serval kit he adopted had grown up and now lived their owns lives. Achal had new lives to focus on. He couldn't be more excited.

Achal was so wound up in his thoughts he hardly noticed the lake and their for walked right into the cool waters. His thoughts snapped back to the present, but since his paws were already wet he simply stood their and dip his head to drink. His light blue and white mane falling foward and touching the water as he drank.

Even among the daily goings on the current moment seemed entirely peaceful to Achal.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:58 pm
Vu reached the lake first. He knelt at the edge of the shore and lapped up cool water, watching his reflection ripple on the surface. Out of all the cubs in his litter, only Vu had red eyes. He still believed his red eyes represented a relic from his long and winding bloodline. His great grandfather Mufasa had such eyes. Whenever he saw his reflection he felt reminded of the rich history of his past. The weight on his shoulders seemed to double. “I bet great-grandpa never had these problems,” he growled, only to be roused by the sound of splashing.

During all his travels, he had never seen a lion with a coat as striking as that of the male standing only a few yards away. Vu froze in place. With his eyes he scaled the mountains and valleys of the lion’s coat. He didn’t realize the other male might be offended by his staring.

If the other male had been lazing about in the sun or scratching himself behind the ear Vu would have given his coat a passing glance and moved on. The male’s peaceful self-assurance was almost as arresting as his vivid pelt. He looked like the kind of male who knew a lot about the world. Vu wished he could feel that way about himself. He charged through life like a blind wildebeest and refused to admit his impairment. He tried to look like he knew what he was doing even though he never really did.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:07 pm
Achal drank for serval moments enjoying the cool water sliding down his throat. However, he soon got the the feeling as he always did that someone was staring. It happened often and Achal was use to it. His mother had said it would happen having a a bless pelt as she called it.

Achal looked up turning his head toward the adolecent male. He smiled politely and greeted him, "Hello."

Achal turned and walked out of the water until he was back on dry ground. "I hope I didn't disturb you," he offer to the young male, " or maybe there was something you needed help with."

He knew even if other did stare quite often, many times there might be a reason for it. He hoped he wasnt disturbing the young male and that he simply had a question. He found he liked helping. It reminded him that he needed to check on Parisa someday, as well as have another chat with the young Kwea.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 pm
Vu narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He expected the older male to glare or snap at him for staring. Taken slightly by surprise, he rose and shifted his feet. His posture was tense and guarded. “Hey…”

When the male spoke again he lifted his head, a little soothed by his kind voice. His bad reputation in the Pridelands prevented him from making friends with the nicer males his age, so being spoken to like a real person was a new experience for him. He still felt like he was dragging his reputation behind him everywhere he went, like it was his shadow. He had yet to appreciate the fresh start he was getting in this new pride.

“No, you weren’t bugging me. You just look… really different. That’s all.” He paused in thought, adding hesitantly, “There is something that’s bothering me. I’ve never asked for advice before. What’s your name?”

Maybe it was the way the male talked to him. Maybe he was just fed up with trying to figure things out on his own. He was still a little shaken from the news, though he hid his unease well, or so he thought.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:55 am
Achal smiled happy, he was brothering the young male. He grinned and laughed slightly at the comment about his appearance. "I know, it still amuses many of the people I com across though I will soon have cubs that look much the same. I guess they too will have to get use to the looks of awe and confusion."

He moved toward the male and when he reached him he bowed slightly. "My name is Achal. I'd be more than willing to answer any question you might have. I like to help others out. What is you name?"

Achal sat before the young male and waited for his response hoping he would open up to him and that he would be able to help the young male with his problem before he needed to get back to Tsu.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 pm
The thought of lowering himself before the other male left a sour taste, but he reluctantly returned the gesture with the barest of nods. “Vu, just Vu.”

Perhaps his mother would be proud to see him remembering her lessons. Polite gestures, such as bowing one’s head, left a lion open to attack. He grew up without ever forming a respectful opinion of anyone, besides his own parents, though he now lamented that the father he held in such high regard never took significant notice, so Achal’s niceties were met with a kind of awkward dislike. But because he seemed a wise lion, willing to offer advice without lording it over him, he made an effort to use his manners. The few that he knew.

He sat down and met Achal’s eyes, studying his expression. “Are you a father?”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:09 pm
Achal nodded giving Vu a curious look. The question was an odd one, but he answered it anyway. "Yes I am a father. I became one rather suddenly when I was around your age. They were'nt my own but I had to raise them. I have new cubs as well."

Achal sat down before Vu and sighed. "Why do you ask? Are you a father?"

He remembered who hard it was at first raising his sisters and his adopted daughter at such a young age, but he also remember how fulfilling it had been and how much he loved and missed them.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 pm
Vu stared at Achal. His mouth was set in a firm line, his brows drawn tight together, but his eyes were wide and hardened by fear. “Yes. I don’t know if I wanna be.” He flexed his claws, digging them into the soil absently. “They belong to my beybanu, Mollie. I guess I don’t hate cubs, but I always thought if we ever had any we’d have them when we were older. I don’t know how to be a father.”

There was warmth in his voice when he spoke of Mollie. When the conversation turned to his cubs his words held nothing but uncertainty.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:35 pm
Achal smiled lightly even though Vu had said he did not want to be a father. "I understand. You need not explain. For you this is unexpected and no ones like to be hit with the unexpected. One thinks they have time to prepare for these things but the truth is you can never be totally prepared."

He looked at Vu and thought about all the mistakes he made when he was younger and decided the truth as open as the savannah would be best.

"I will not lie to you. You will make mistakes, but rest assured that everyone does. As for knowing how to be a father, it means something different to everyone. For me it is being their for my cubs and my harem. Offer my support and guidance to make sure they learns the ways of the pride and will have a sound future. For others itis simpy making sure your cubs make it to adolescence."

Achal looked up to the sky and watched the clouds go by for a moment. "The best thing really is to listen to your cubs. They will tell you what they need from you. If you are there and you listen you will be a good father. They will love you and you will see you worries will fade."

Achal smiled he eyes sparkling lightly, "You are very lucky you know."

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:35 pm
Vu lowered his eyes in thought, surprised by Achal’s honesty. Never before had he met a male willing to admit the mistakes he made. Up until now he was under the impression that to admit one’s mistakes was to fail utterly as a male, making Achal a paradox.

He looked up suddenly and shook his head. “I don’t think I’m so lucky. What if my cubs don’t like me? What if I’m a bad father?”

Maybe that was his greatest fear. He thought of how sad and confused his own father made him feel and dreaded the thought of inflicting those same feelings upon his own cubs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 am
Achal just smiled at Vu's questions. He could see the male mind was running rather quickly. Achal knew whoever but his worry was a good thing.

"You know. It is good that you worry. It shows you are a good lion and that you will be a good father. Things might not always go as planned or how you'd like but it will be okay."

Achal stood and walked past Vu.

"Remember cubs aren't born knowing dislike. They love rather readily and especially their parents. If you love and like them, they will love and like you in return. If you dislike them, that is what they will learn."

Achal sat behind Vu, slightly to the young males side, "However, surprised, nervous and fearful you may be, you will not dislike them will you? I do not think you will, so you should not worry so. You will have healthy happy cubs, who greatly enjoy their father Vu. And remember you have your beybanu, their mother to help you."

Achal smiled to himself and stood again, walking off, "Good day to you Vu. I must be off. I have duties to attend to."

It was true but Achal really wished to give Vu some alone time to think about his situation and their conversation. The young male had a lot on his shoulders but Achal felt he would be okay.

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm
Vu listened quietly to the older male. Though he had few friends in the Pridelands, the two he did have were quiet cubs that rarely spoke even when spoken to, although Mollie was slowly becoming more talkative. He needed to pay attention to their body language to understand what they thought or what games they wanted to play. If his friends taught him one thing, it was how to listen.

Accepting what he heard was another matter. Perhaps one day he would look back on this conversation and realize that Achal had been right all along. For the moment, all he knew was fear and uncertainty. He did not thank Achal for his sagely advice, too deep in thought to remember manners, but he would seek him out in the future and thank him for taking the time to talk to him this day. As Achal walked off Vu turned his attention to the lake. Sunlight danced nervously on the surface.

((Fin~))  
[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff