Reply Adult Furries Guild
For those playing the PC version of FFVII Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:28 pm
I was poking around the interwebs after a little problem cropped up with the game. Apparently, with Windows XP, the game crashes right when you get to the Chocobo race. At first, I thought it was just me, but it turned out that's a common problem with the game. So, I stumbled across a user made patch that can fix that problem.

http://www.ff7-universe.com/index.html

Just click on downloads, then the Chocobo racing patch. Lo and behold, it'll work ^_^ Just don't try it with Vista...FFVII, like the vast majority of other programs, doesn't play nice with Vista. In fact, it refuses to play with Vista at all XD

Another odd thing that I've noticed...And Playstation players, tell me if this happens to you, too. When I got Vincent, he was level 31, but now, he's lvl 35, and I've only used him in combat a couple of times, not even enough to level up once...He's always a few levels behind Cloud. I dunno if it's a glitch or what, but it's damned strange...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:05 am
Oh, it DOESN'T work with Vista?

That answers my question at least...  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:14 am
mmmmmm well if its like my ff6 that terra and two theres magically gained 9999 life and n999 mp i believe u i have ff7 in vista and is ok for me no glitches...but mines not Vincent for some reason its Yuffi and red.....if i leve up cloud and there not there they lv up to ...like cloud is in party lv 49
and red and yuffi 49

cloud lvs uo to 50

red and yuffi lv 50 to

im like..ok..ill pretend i have the best ff game ever but i think is like a glitch from the emulator or patch that ur using....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:57 am
I only have the PC version of FF 8. Which is awesome.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Shakeidas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:47 pm
Davin_Nightwind
Another odd thing that I've noticed...And Playstation players, tell me if this happens to you, too. When I got Vincent, he was level 31, but now, he's lvl 35, and I've only used him in combat a couple of times, not even enough to level up once...He's always a few levels behind Cloud. I dunno if it's a glitch or what, but it's damned strange...

From what I recall, the PC version is just glitchy as hell. Might also want to check your materia to see if any of it has magically duplicated yet. Yes, that includes the summon materia you're only supposed to have one of.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:10 pm
Promitheus Zek
mmmmmm well if its like my ff6 that terra and two theres magically gained 9999 life and n999 mp i believe u i have ff7 in vista and is ok for me no glitches...but mines not Vincent for some reason its Yuffi and red.....if i leve up cloud and there not there they lv up to ...like cloud is in party lv 49
and red and yuffi 49

cloud lvs uo to 50

red and yuffi lv 50 to

im like..ok..ill pretend i have the best ff game ever but i think is like a glitch from the emulator or patch that ur using....

Actually, it's the offcial PC version by Eidos, so it was released back in the Win '98 days XD I mean, it's not really a bad thing, but I do like to keep my party (except for Cloud, of course) at around the same level.

Shakeidas

From what I recall, the PC version is just glitchy as hell. Might also want to check your materia to see if any of it has magically duplicated yet. Yes, that includes the summon materia you're only supposed to have one of.

Hmm...Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me, but when I first played it on Win '98, it didn't do that. My materia's acting normal, too. That would be nice, though...I would love to have more Counter Attack and Added Effect matteria XD Ehh, oh well...Glitches happen XD  

Davin_Nightwind

Mugotarashii Neko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 am
Someone should release a patch for the pc game that allows you to play as Reno. That would be awesome as hell! I have a patch that updates the graphics. I am not sure if they look better though. I kinda like the old graphics.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:25 pm
Lithuriel
Someone should release a patch for the pc game that allows you to play as Reno. That would be awesome as hell! I have a patch that updates the graphics. I am not sure if they look better though. I kinda like the old graphics.

Most graphic patches update the textures because they're easier to acquire/make than 3D models. ...At least in my opinion.

As I recall, a Dues Ex Invisible War graphic update did nothing to the models but drastically improved the textures. It looked -way- better.

But with simple models....harder to update their look really...

Oh, and it's probably harder to crack open and save over 3D model files. If they developed the game using special files or programs, regular free ones may not be able to open/save in those formats. Images, however, are more easily accessed and opened.  

Garek Maxwell

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:27 pm
It depends. It's true that modifying textures is a lot easier, but there are ways to modify the 3d models as well, as well as changing the maps. As someone who worked on maps, textures, and occasionally even mods for certain games, I've seen people change textures, music, the way weapons work, their damage, the way weapons look, add new features, and other stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:12 am
Now that you mention it, It did only update the textures biggrin  

Mugotarashii Neko

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:12 pm
Yeah, that graphics patch just lets you use AA and stuff like that. Though, I haven't had any problem graphics wise, so I'm not worried about it. Besides, I'm not a big fan of AA XD

There is a mod that's being made that'll let you play as Sephiroth going after Cloud. They're actually delving into the games engine itself to do this, but I haven't heard much about it. It's only about halfway done, and I don't even know if they're still working on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:52 pm
omg look what i yust found User Image  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:49 pm
What the hell? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm
lol  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 pm
I get this odd feeling that Chocobo Weapon is harder than Emerald and Ruby put together XD  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff