Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Groups | Recruiting Cosplayers
Cosplay Group!!!!! :D? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evilxxangelx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 pm
Hi! Okay im sorry if no one cares about this but my friends and i want to join a cosplay group or make one of our own. I haven't found any around here so I was wondering if you guys could give us ideas of what to do at our cosplay meet ups and what we can do to get more members? I thank you if you answer!! And thanks if you even took time to even read this sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:13 pm
Well for one you guys should all cosplay from the same series or have corresponding outfits of some kind(like all be lolita's or j-rockers). Two is if you want more members trying finding ways of contacting or informing lots of people of who you are(cosplay group name and series interests). It should draw more too you.

There really are none in your area? Where you guys live at? :<  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

Evilxxangelx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 pm
Thanks alot. those tips are really helpfull and should help us alot. ^^

We live in colorado (were willing to go any were in colorado so city doesnt matter) and we found one or two but they werent really what we wanted in a group.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:18 pm
No problem. Glad I could some what help. :3

Ooooh Colorado. biggrin What were they like? And if you can't find any in your area try forging a group of people that go to the same con(s) as you. Even though they might be away from you before the con you guys can still talk over the internet or phone. So your group could be big just not all together. Its sort of like that for my group. We live in Oregon while part of our group lives in Washington.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 pm
Umh.. Most people in My country create a group when they often cosplay together
For example my team H20 is cosplay as harukanaru , Saint Beast also petshop together
Thats why we create a group
Group meeting mostly only for chit chat, cosplay together, take a photo together
But not always like that. Every member has right to decide follow the group project or not ^^
Umh.. mostly team in my cpuntr between 4 person till 15 person. no more than that  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:44 am
Thank you for the advice. ^^

The cosplay groups in colorado that i know about are sort of interesting but its like those public ones that only talk and dont really do anything fun.I know a few people that went to the con i went to and ill have to see if i can get in touch with them ^^  

Evilxxangelx

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:20 pm
Evilxxangelx
Thank you for the advice. ^^

The cosplay groups in colorado that i know about are sort of interesting but its like those public ones that only talk and dont really do anything fun.I know a few people that went to the con i went to and ill have to see if i can get in touch with them ^^

Good luck then
My first meeting with my cosplay team also from con. Just say "Hello, nice costume. May I be Ur friends?"
wahahha At least I ask their Multiply account/email account first. After keep in touch, I ask their mobile number ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:25 pm
I hope things go well for you as well. ^_^

It can be hard getting a group together but after a few tries it will eventually happen and for the best.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

Apprenticing

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:08 am
I have a group here in Los Angeles. Well we really just kind of knew each other, then some of us were into cosplay, and the others joined in. But also we have some people we see a lot at conventions, and that's how some groups are formed. You just bump in to the same people a bit, and become friends. Eventually you'll want to maybe make a group^^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 am
I woud love to join, but since I live in Holland, it's a bit impossible XD  

Vehii xX

AcidsRain

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:16 pm
adjkl;sadb!!!
Colorado you say?
me too!!! What area do you live in (trying not to sound stalkerish)
Im about an hour away from Denver.
Ive cosplayed as The Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji, and have done professional zombie makeup for movies ^^ Hopefully cosplaying Kingdom Hearts or Bleach next time... possible Hetalia or Soul Eater.
anyyyywaaayyysss [i practically died reading someone is finally in colorado.. kinda happy at the moment]
what kinda of people are you looking for in your group?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:17 pm
ah, by the way. ive been to the 2008 Wasabi Con in Denver, and the 2009 Non Desu Ka also in Denver. Do you know of any other cons in Colorado? i havent heard of any....  

AcidsRain

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:41 am
i believe there is a Colorado cosplay society ^^ if you go onto cosplay.com and look under the seeking cosplayers section you should find some one. also look under the meetup forum and you might see gatherings in your area  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:08 am
I myself am in a cosplay group. :'3

We were all friends before and we all like to cosplay so it was only natural the we'd form a cosplay group eventually. xDD

As for meetings.
We all tend to meet at one persons house and discuss future cosplays we want to do, who'd be what character, if we were planning on doing a skit for an up coming con/what we were going to do for said skit.
Oh! Sewing party's are also good. :'D
Getting together and just sewing your cosplays.

Anyhoo I'd right more but I have to head to school
Hope it helped!!

Little_Bearer_Of_Darkness

toasty ghosty hugss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:59 am
i would so join ur cosplay group but i live a little far away from you.... like the other side of the world i think >.<  
Cosplay Groups | Recruiting Cosplayers

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff