Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
do you believe everything happens for a reason? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:50 pm
or is that just a way for people to cope with a situation beyond their control? does it actually hold any merit or is it only a form of faith that everything will work out to the person's benefit?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm
Quote:
do you believe everything happens for a reason?

Only if someone deliberately planned it that way. Otherwise, I believe stuff just happens.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 pm
For me it's more of a coping mechanism, since there is a lot of crappy stuff in my life that has happened. And even if I never know the reasons, I have to believe there is a reason for it, otherwise I'd probably go a bit nuts.

Quote:
is it only a form of faith that everything will work out to the person's benefit?

I don't think it necessarily means that everything will work out to the person's benefit. As with what I mentioned above (for me anyways) it's more of a way to cope when it clearly isn't working out the way one might have planned (or wanted).

It is tied in with my beliefs though, since I believe that we have lessons to learn in each incarnation we have, so in theory everything could be happening so that I can learn whatever it is I am meant to learn this go around.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:28 pm
I don't things happen for a reason. I do believe that once it happens, you can't take it back. That's my coping, is that it's already happened so I have to make the best of it to make it be not as bad.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:24 am
I believe that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason is just to slap you in the face and say, "Pay attention!". Some things really are just there for you to learn from your mistakes. (personal opinion, feel free to disagree.(: )  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:30 am
Arcaniss Vivian
I believe that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason is just to slap you in the face and say, "Pay attention!". Some things really are just there for you to learn from your mistakes. (personal opinion, feel free to disagree.(: )

no disagree-ing, i just wanted everyones personal view on this sort of thing.

thankyou everybody for posting smile  

whiporwill-o

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 am
well yay! *randomly hugs people* sorry, but this thread was just lacking in hugs and everything is better with a hug.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 am
Arcaniss Vivian
well yay! *randomly hugs people* sorry, but this thread was just lacking in hugs and everything is better with a hug.

yay, hugs! *huggles*  

whiporwill-o

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 am
It's the most wonderful time . . .

Yep, I definitely do. It's actually one of my mantras to get through tough times. I guess you could call it a coping mechanism, but I believe that everything that happens in our lives is there to teach us something, whether it be how to cope with pain, learn to be happy, to accept whatever is happening to us, etc. If you don't learn your lesson, it will happen again and again, and continue through lives until you finally learn it.
I guess I'm really big on reincarnation, and I believe that each life we live can lead us closer to God or further away, depending on the choices that we make. =)

. . . of the year!User Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:39 am
I believe that this wonderful Universe is vibrating with perfect energy with a definite purpose. The deer bed down in the woods when clouds pass in front of the moon. Events occur that cause us to behave in the way the Universe needs us to. Everything is connected and every day of my/your life has a purpose. I think it's absolutely fascinating to watch how it all unfolds. I find life easier to deal with now that I'm older, because I understand this.

I also truly believe that this understanding comes with "Cronedom" because you wouldn't experience what you need to for your journey's sake if you knew this instinctively.  

Meadowstar

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:16 pm
whiporwill-o
or is that just a way for people to cope with a situation beyond their control? does it actually hold any merit or is it only a form of faith that everything will work out to the person's benefit?

I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that "Sh*t Happens". Sometimes things happen, and there's no reason for it - and that's ok.

Many ideas and theories are designed to make it seem like we have more control over the paths of our lives - as you said, a coping mechanism for the sometimes random events that occur.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:00 pm
I like to think that the god and goddess have planned the best things for us, but when bad things happen it is because we are veering off the path they have layed before us. But because the god and goddess know we don't always stay on one strict course, they allow us to go wherever we want and try and help us with our decisions.  

Emerald_Angel28

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Emerald_Angel28
I like to think that the god and goddess have planned the best things for us, but when bad things happen it is because we are veering off the path they have layed before us. But because the god and goddess know we don't always stay on one strict course, they allow us to go wherever we want and try and help us with our decisions.

when you refer to 'us' are you including the people who don't believe in your deities?

[note, this is only a discussion]  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Emerald_Angel28

Except for the Gods and Goddesses out there who don't...who want us doing a specific thing, or to let us stand or fall by our own merits, not because they gave us divine assistance.

Not every person's path is soft polytheistic, nor is every person's relationship with the gods "do whatever you want".  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Little Raven Girl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:25 pm
I believe that everything has a certain purpose, so yeah, things happen for a reason. Or at least they do for me. There's no such thing as coincidence.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games