Reply Adult Furries Guild
Cosplay help? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:50 am
So I'm trying to convince a friend to come to Bakuretsu-Con this year, and he said he'd go, if I could find someone he can cosplay. Here's the catch: He REFUSES to shave his red goatee (or dye it or his hair for that matter).

So...I'm honestly NOT that familiar with a lot of animes/games...so I thought I'd come to my fall-back crew...all of you!

Any anime/video game characters out there that my friend can cosplay that have a red beard/goatee?

I THOUGHT of Luxord from Kingdom Hearts II (YES, I know he's blonde), but that's the closes I could get.

Help?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:28 am
Does he want to cos-play? Never actually done cos-play at an anime con myself.  

Artemis Vulpes

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Artemis Vulpes
Does he want to cos-play? Never actually done cos-play at an anime con myself.
Yes, he wants to cosplay. He will ONLY go if I can find someone for him to cosplay.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:32 pm
Finding an anime character with red hair is easy, with also a goatee? Uuh...  

Artemis Vulpes

MysticFairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:48 pm
he could be Reno with a goatee...I always thought reno should have one.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:04 pm
Tell him to grow out his beard so he has a jaw-line beard thing. Then he can be Gannon!

Edit: I found a better picture!
User Image

He'll have to dye his skin to a more literally black tone though...perhaps somewhat olivey as well. Still!

And if that's not anime/manga enough, then just remember that there's plenty of images on this "Rule 34" site I found that has him in that cell-shaded style. So that's gotta count for something, right? heart  

Garek Maxwell

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am
There's that dude in Final Fantasy IX with the red dreadlocks...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:45 am
Heeeeeyyyy....Ganon could work! And his girlfriend could be Zelda! Rock on! Thanks!  

Manda_Tifa

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm
I want to cosplay as this mother effer:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Been having trouble finding a shirt I can use for his coat though. It has to be long and have pockets near the bottom. And it has to be dark blue... I see some people cosplay him with a black shirt.. the black is a LIE.. it's dark blue dammit.

Also, haven't figured out how to make the green triangle thing either, but I have ideas.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:21 pm
Psycho Lee
I want to cosplay as this mother effer:
img

Been having trouble finding a shirt I can use for his coat though. It has to be long and have pockets near the bottom. And it has to be dark blue... I see some people cosplay him with a black shirt.. the black is a LIE.. it's dark blue dammit.

Also, haven't figured out how to make the green triangle thing either, but I have ideas.

Looks like a Nehru Jacket to me, which was popular in 60s I believe. The Beatles probably made it more popular with their uniforms like in Sgt. Pepper. Here's a few examples.

http://www.totalmedia.com/images/nehru.jpg (Rather larger image of a blue one.)
As you can see, they are popular in many Asian countries like India, but also in other areas of the East as well.

According to wikipedia, there are several variations/alternate names for this as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherwani
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_collar

Unfortunately, vintage men's clothing is rather hard to find, unless you have a lot of good clothing exchange types of stores. (I'm blanking on what they're called, but people often drop off old clothes there and they're cleaned and resold at a cheap price.) Most of these stores seem to carry a lot of women's clothing, but little men's.... I'd recommend Ebay, though you always take a risk on the quality of the garment with ebay.

Now if you want it to match more, there's several things you can do.

1. Buy a faded black turning grayish Nehru Jacket and then buy some blue fabric dye that's dark dark blue. Maybe even looks black, but is blue. I saw something on PBS about a natural dye that I believe came from Woad, and it could darken clothing very deeply with blue depending on how long you left it in the mix. Obviously, you don't need this plant, but just a dark blue dye. Test it on a swatch of fabric that matches the jacket first though. You may also need chemicals to make the coloring permanent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woad
If you're curious about it.

2. If that triangular piece is a zipper (and from the looks of it, it probably is though I can still be wrong), you'll have to do research on how those things are made. Alternatively, you could do some plastic work and glue it on to an existing zipper.

3. For the sleeves, you'll want to stitch in the parts around it instead of glue them on most likely. Otherwise, they'll look rather low quality and tacky if they don't hold or have glue marks coming out of the side of it.

It's probably more than you'd want to bother with, but this is the only way to do it outside of learning to sew and making your own clothing.  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:11 pm
he could cosplay LENIN! only with hair as RED AS THE GLORIOUS WORLD PROLETARIAN ARMY!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 am
Jungle Boots
he could cosplay LENIN! only with hair as RED AS THE GLORIOUS WORLD PROLETARIAN ARMY!!!

Haha - that's hilarious! x3  

lost2darkness

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:19 am
Garek Maxwell

Looks like a Nehru Jacket to me, which was popular in 60s I believe. The Beatles probably made it more popular with their uniforms like in Sgt. Pepper. Here's a few examples.

Unfortunately, vintage men's clothing is rather hard to find, unless you have a lot of good clothing exchange types of stores. (I'm blanking on what they're called, but people often drop off old clothes there and they're cleaned and resold at a cheap price.) Most of these stores seem to carry a lot of women's clothing, but little men's.... I'd recommend Ebay, though you always take a risk on the quality of the garment with ebay.

2. If that triangular piece is a zipper (and from the looks of it, it probably is though I can still be wrong), you'll have to do research on how those things are made. Alternatively, you could do some plastic work and glue it on to an existing zipper.

Those Nehru jackets look a little long, this jacket's only supposed to be about to the top of the thighs.

There are thirft shops around here, I've been to a few, they do tend to have way more women's clothing than men (*insert bad joke about women shopping too much for clothing here*) but I haven't found anything yet, I plan to check a few more.

The zipper is actually affixed to his jacket, it's some sort of electronic zipper. you press the button and the jacket zips itself. same with the sleeves. kinda like the plug suits that are baggy and then you press the button and they zip up and form to your body.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:12 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8JoNhM2CIU ninja

You know, I need to stop being so lazy. I see people all the time with such elaborate costumes, like Gundam cosplay where the gundam is made of actual plastic or fiberglass and polished, or ones with fancy weaponry. It seems that either money, time, or skill is an object, and I can't sew worth crap. (Okay, so I can sew so-so, but not long seams)

But hell, if everyone else can do it, so can I.

Maybe I should do what two guys have done and do a Seele monolith.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm
Haha, now we're trying to figure out how to recreate Ganon's armor....I suggested foam.

I'm pleased that my Chi outfit is just about done though....  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff