Reply Adult Furries Guild
Halloween '09 Art Contest Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:16 pm
Do forgive my delay in officially starting this contest; it has been a busy week and a half.

Some older members may remember that I use to hold various art contests throughout the year, each based on a different seasonal theme. For both those new and old you will be happy to know that I am brining these contests back to guild and our first theme shall the most spooky of holidays, Halloween.

The rules for this contest are fairly simple.

*Any form of artwork from any kind of media will be allowed to be entered.
*There is no limit to how many entries a single contestant is allowed to enter.
*To participate PM your entries directly to me.
*All entries must be in by October 31st.

Judging will take place shortly after the final entry date and will be announced once a winner is selected. The owner of the winner artwork will be awarded their choice a 1000 Gaia Gash shopping spree, or 60,000 Gaia Gold. I will note that this is not an officially sponsored guild event and that the prizes will be coming out of my own pocket.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:18 pm
Entries

01. http://i36.tinypic.com/15myavt.jpg by Anophis.
02. http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/koga658/suddlentlytherewasthousands25.jpg by Master Fwuffers
03. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/gothyfox/10-27-200983809PM-1-3.jpg by Mortella
04. http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd328/robozombiekitten/halloweenkody.jpg by FluffiKitten  

Selene Aries

Shaviv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:22 pm
Does it specifically need to be Halloween-themed?
Does it specifically need to be originally composed for this contest rather than artwork we've just created for its own sake?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 pm
can we do our fursona's in cosplay rather than in a normal halloween theme (halloween theme being orange and black, pumkins and whitches)

im just asking i think i might just do a halloween theme anyway.  

Jungle Boots

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:46 pm
@Shaviv: This is a Halloween art contest, after all. You can enter any kind of art you want, but when comes time for juding how closely one fallows the theme will be a factor.

If someone is already working on artwork for the purpose of celebrating Halloween they are more than welcome to use it as an entry. However, simply selecting an already finished piece of work that one simply feels is fitting for the theme will not be permitted. Honestly, I see that is kind of cheating.

@Jungle Boots: How one chooses to make use of the theme is to their perspective and imagination. I am not going to tell anyone what they can and cannot portray in their artwork or offer any suggestions. The most I can tell you is to think about what Halloween means to you and use that as your inspiration.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:14 pm
Selene is deeeeeep.... what does Halloween mean.... i must ponder upon this!  

Jungle Boots

Master Fwuffers

Hopping Lop

5,800 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Intriguing I'm currently working on a picture that is zombie themed and I believe I mite enter it in this contest I care not if I win I would just simply love the fact others may look upon my art with this I wish all that enter in the future luck I cant wait to see all the art that is put up for this contest

side note:
If you would like to see what art I do have floating around i most regularly update my Furaffinity account  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:03 pm
Selene Aries
Halloween means to you
Oh, the idea this just sparked.

And oh, the failure that resulted in.

Atlaas

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:22 pm
Yay, we got our first entry!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:22 am
I think this is what I need to get back into the swing of things! I think I will try for this ^_^  

Morphine Vacation

Rowan of Kasai

Kawaii Nymph

21,875 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:22 pm
*starts on entry*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 pm
Never having observed Halloween as an occasion to do anything but hand out candy (member of a religious minority), I guess I don't really understand the spirit of Halloween. I can't write something regarding that until I understand what it is. (Obviously, I think.)  

Shaviv

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:55 pm
Shaviv
Never having observed Halloween as an occasion to do anything but hand out candy (member of a religious minority), I guess I don't really understand the spirit of Halloween. I can't write something regarding that until I understand what it is. (Obviously, I think.)

If anyone feels a little stuck on connecting with Halloween, or All Hallows Eve, they can always just do something that is fitting for the season, as in Autumn. Do not forget that The day of the Dead, All Souls Day and All Saints are connected to Halloween.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 pm
bump  

Selene Aries

FluffiKitten

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:31 pm
I sent mine in >3>  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]