Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rising Moon

Back to Guilds

the guild for all creatures of the night 

Tags: vampires, werewolves, creatures, roleplay, rising moon 

Reply ^-,..,-^ creature talk ( chat, creature debates )
monster fact or fiction Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vampirekay1
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 am
User Image

alright guys now for are first debate,

lay out your creature facts what do you no about your favorite creatures

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:43 am
alright guys i'll start it

rugaroo ( no not a lugaroo a rugaroo )

Though lore of this creature has been spread throughout both French and Native American lore, the Rugaroo (sometimes spelled Roogaroo, Rougarou, Roux-Ga-Roux, Rugaru, or Ruggaroo) is our next peek into some of the Native American culture and legends.
Versions of the Rugaroo vary from something similar to a mild Bigfoot-type creatures to cannibalistic Native American Wendigos. Some dispute the connection between Native American folktales and the francophone Rugaru. (2)

Just as the Wendigo is part of the traditional belief systems of various Algonquian-speaking tribes in the northern US and Canada, the Rugaroo is an extremely similar tale of metamorphosis triggered the cannibalism among the Ojibwe and Chippewa. As is the norm with legends transmitted by oral tradition, stories often contradict one another. The stories of the Wendigo vary by tribe and region, but the most common cause of the change is typically related to cannibalism. (2) A modified example, not in the original wendigo legends, is that of a motif of harmful sensation story—if a person sees a rugaru, that person will be transformed into one.

Author Peter Matthiessen argues that the rugaru is a separate legend from that of the cannibal-like giant Wendigo. While the Wendigo is feared, he notes that the Rugaroo is seen as sacred and in tune with Mother Earth, somewhat like Bigfoot legends are today. (3)

It is important to note that rugaru is not a native Ojibwa word, nor is it derived from the languages of neighboring Native American peoples. However, it has a striking similarity to the French word for werewolf, loup garou. (2) Aka: the werewolf. But the Native American lore suggests that unlike the Loup Garou (who are limited to the form of a wolf and in some lore more are specifically triggered by full moons with limited or uncontrolled shifting), a Rugaroo can take on any animal form and can shapeshift at any time, multiple times.

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 am
shapeshifters ok alot of people here this and think no way but there are creatures that imploy some of the shapeshifter abilities for example chameleon the often change there colors to avoid being see by a animal that sees them as lunch. There is also animals that can lose limbs and grow them back just like a shapeshifter could (though they cant regrow there head.) So the fact remains shapeshifters may not be real like werewolves (Thats anthere thing i found out they are real but there not like what you see in movies.) or vampires.(again are real but not like what you see in the movies) but, Like almost all monsters they do have a place in the real world. (though like in the movies there true nature is changed to be fun to watch)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:56 pm
thank you nala for the insite of how things are real but are different from what they seem to be on tv and so on i'm glad you posted that

as guild captian and real sang vampire
i felt that in response to nala's post i well go in depth with the trueth of what we are as a true vampire (if you have questions i will answere just pm me)

sanguinarian (blood feeder) vampire:Sanguinarian Vampires are a mortal form of Vamp. They are born a vamp and it dosnt awaken until the age of about 16. When the body starts purbity it realses a chemical which awakens the vamp side. The body then goes under some changes.

When the person is awoken , they can become sensative to the sun , thirst for blood , eyes burn from the sun , sleep all day, cant sleep at night, etc.

However the major problem with the Sanguinarian vampire is that they are mortal , they have most of your weakens and none of the strengths of the "immortals".

Most say that it is too do wiht the soul of a vamp been born in a human body. it then alters the human body when awaken.

-A psychic vampire: is a person or being who has the ability to feed off the life force of other living creatures, and who may be undead, according to believers in the phenomenon. Psychic vampires are represented in the occult beliefs of various cultures and in fiction.

The concept of psychic vampirism appears in the mythology of many cultures, just as do blood-drinking vampires. Regions where belief in psychic vampires is common include Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa, and rural South America. Some North American Indian cultures, such as the Hopi, also share this belief.

power to king don

here is a vid to check out about sang vampires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxlQiIpuBxA  

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Thank you and i am honered.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm
your welcome it was a good post and i agree with you ^^(^.^)^^  

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 am
on anthere note i found out that the werewolf issue is true to a point. It is a virus that causes a persons body to change (Not into a wolf or animal though!) There muscles become stronger and they lose all self restrant. They could even attack there own friend (Could not would.)if there friend said or did something that got them mad. I wish i could say what triggered it but this is all i can remeber about this subject.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:11 pm
your pretty close but lycanthrope is actualy a real condition
in scintific terms its called Hypertrichosis

hypertrichosis: hair growth on the body in an amount considered abnormal; extensive cases of hypertrichosis have been called werewolf syndrome.There are two distinct types of hypertrichosis: generalized hypertrichosis, which occurs over the entire body, and localized hypertrichosis, which is restricted to a certain area. Hypertrichosis is either congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.

realy pic of a person with hypertrichosis (aka wolfman syndrom)
User Image
real pic of the first person ever born with hypertrichosis
User Image

and no they can't actualy just shave there face and bodey becouse it grows back at a faster rate then normal

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 am
i did not know about that but i was talking about something i saw on tv it was a interview with a person that had the virus i spoke of in my last post but thankyou for the info on where it realy came from.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:59 pm
you welcome lol i did hypertrichosis as a phychologie project years ago i think it was one of the coolest things i ever learned about in school though not many people no of hypertrichosis becouse its sutch a rare thing for someone to have so i was they only one in my phyc class who knew of it until i gave my presentation on it

side note:
fact:the pic of the secound guy jo jo when they descovered him and this was befor hypertichosis was ever thought of they threw him into the circus when circus's still had freak shows, they would put him in a gaint cage and make him act like i wild monster so i feel sorry for people who suffer from hypertrichosis it is for sure can't be easy on them to live with

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:55 am
Oh by the way anthere thought about monsters is imortals there are no such thing as a person that lives forever but there are few people that have wisdom that would sound like something only someone that has been around for ages past what they are. Maybe in the old days (like around kings and dragons time area) people often mistook a young looking person with wisdom beyound his/her years for a something like a imortal and over time well you can probly guess the rest.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 am
i agree though i think the closest some one can git to a imortal is a turtle becouse its one of they oldest creatures to walk they earth  

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:57 am
What about crocadiles or algators? They are very old as well plus they also look like something that has lived along time.

(Pardon the poor spelling please!)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:11 pm
ya them to lol though i belive turtles were clamed to be the longest creatur to walk they earth and a turtle can live to be over a 100 years old befor dieing  

vampirekay1
Captain

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:20 am
That is true but, i thought i would point out that they look like something that has been alive almost forever. Oh if i may make a point why is it that in the old days vampires and other monsters where made out to be a kill first and ask questions never thing and now adays there made out to be good guys? (case in point blade and twilight and a anime call scooby doo on zombie island shows zombies as the good guys as well.)  
^-,..,-^ creature talk ( chat, creature debates )

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games