Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply Convention Hall (RL convention and gatherings chat)
Convention Stories Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:23 am
Hey, in this thread, feel free to talk about the good stuff or the bad stuff that has happened to you at conventions.

What was your 1st experience like?

Anyone ever creeped you out?

Have you ever been hit on? what were they like?

Was there any cosplayers you had a crush on?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 am
An Axel cosplayer I know beats up photographers, and got arressted once.

Loveless Lament

Abomination

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:50 am
The Thirteenth Lament
An Axel cosplayer I know beats up photographers, and got arressted once.

That's actually kinda funny, ya know? but a little crazy too xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:57 am
I met a cowboy bebop cosplayer at anime expo and for anybody that doesn't know who cowboy bebop is....he is a half naked cowboy from guitar hero.

And no I didn't take a picture of him....that would be just to gay, ya know?....

That was just too much for my eyes to see.... gonk  

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

PastelCyanide

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Man-Faye...

Need I say more? xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:04 pm
A few drunk people on their way to the rave were kinda creeping out me and my Songstress group last year. We just thought they were weird at first, but then when they wanted a picture with us, using a non-existent camera... yeah. They REEKED of alcohol. We felt nothing but the upmost sympathy for their DD though. He was trying so hard to keep them in line. xd  

Abigail_Blaire

Zacky Stardust

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:13 pm
At EXP Con 2008, someone asked me to do the Zack death scene with a Cloud cosplayer who was there. So, I layed down on the floor and the Cloud cosplayer leaned against me and people took pictures. Suddenly I hear someone shout out "NO, ZACK!" and was tackled. One Zack-obsessed fangirl is bad enough, but suddenly like five more came and jumped on top of me. I was under like 800 or so pounds of fangirl. The girl who requested the picture had to help pry them off because I couldn't breathe. D8 It was kind of scary.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:46 am

It was pretty crazy! I was running around the con like some girl high on sugar or something!

Yeah! There was this guys who kept on following me. He was like holding his camera and following me around like some stalker.

Hit on? Not yet. XD

A crush huh? Hmmmthere was this Naruto cosplayer I was like somewhat in love with. But I found out he had a girlfriend so yeah. I gave up on him as I could never compare to her. *shrugs* Got my heart broken.  

CherryBlossoms-Princess

Turk Shuriken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:36 am
Kind of... intimidating. I was really really young at the time, and had no idea what I was getting into. It was a lot of fun, though. I'm just glad that it was a tamer, smaller convention. sweatdrop

Many times. Even though I'm not a cosplay idol or even close to being one, I got stalked so much I just ended up working at booths -- and even then, you get some really creepy employers/customers...
And I don't know if you all know Harry from JPopHouse/JHouseRock booths, but that man terrifies me!! gonk

Yeah. They're your typical otaku (I mean this in the true Japanese way): They obviously didn't know what a shower and deodorant is for, they still lived with their parents, and they looked like they ordered in from McDonalds way too often.
A few times it was someone cute and sane, though. heart I like those people. heart

DieDono and Teh Chino-san, for certain-sure. Poor, poor Chino... redface  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:50 pm
at zenkai 08 i was cosplaying as roxas. there was another girl cosplaying as axel. being yaoi fangirl,we got married with a random larxene we found standing in the backround. heart heart heart  

Mshaaaa

Astrum Aeternus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:06 am
Heh well I was Tifa Lockheart, AC, and I saw a Zack Fair (I am a MAJOR fangirl for Zack<3) so I glomped him full force, but he picked me up and we spun in happy circles. heart He's now my best friend. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 pm
funny stories
I got some funny ones too.
A At my first convention i got way tooo hyper. I was Yuffie. I took my friends wooden sword( =it was one of the ones from bleach) threw it over my shoulder zack style and knoked several poor bystanders in the head. lol. it was at a bookstore, so there was normal people there too. i ran around with the sword for several minute, wackin peeps by accident. lol. we were heading down an escalator n i turned to talk to one of my friends n accidently wacked several people riding the other way. The sword was soon tooken away from me. i was still hyper and grabbed the nearest cosplayer, that i didnt know, and gave em a hug. lol it turned out to be a shino(fromNaruto). the shino flipped and ran of, only to pop back up two minutes later with a Tobi(Naruto). the tobi told us something but you couldnt understand him because of his mask.... he was creepy.

Me and my friend were just chilling, watching the cosplay contest when BAM! My friend gets poked my a Cid cosplayer who was using a broo, stick as a staff. then the guy noticed I was Yuffie, he flipped, called his friends over n they flipped n i got fan-hassled.

I yelled at three sasuke(naruto). lol. need i say why.

Liked my stories? I have mores and pictures too.  

Yazoo the Awsome

Gray BloodStone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 pm
lol this one time i went down south for a con and i went as sephiroth and im pretty tall guy im like 6 foot 3 and i found a cloud who was like up to my chest and i walked up to them then someone yelled CLOUD LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!. we got into a short sword fight and then he got tackled by a tifa girl and me just a some fan-girls who were all like SEPHY. kinda hard to move when your being squeezed by fan-girls. later that day cloud became a good friend on mine and we still talk about that funny fight today xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:02 pm
It was awesome. I met some awesome friends there and we still go out and do cosplays and videos and stuff.

This really fat guy dressed as a school girl. He didn't shave his legs either!!! It was discusting!!!! crying gonk

Yes. They were really nice. We dated for a few more months, but we broke up cuz we never see each other.

Mhm! There is a Sora cosplayer, and a Cloud cosplayer. Both are very good cosplayerz! blaugh  

Kairi_Kozplayr

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Princess Augustine

Beloved Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 pm
I was eleven, and my anime-routed weeaboo brain nearly exploded from the sheer awesomeness of the whole thing. I was into Fullmetal Alchemist, so of course I almost died when I saw a Hughes cosplayer. TvT

Many people. But it comes with the territory.

I was hit on by virtually every male who knew who I was dressed as when I was Tifa. There was also this past AX dance, and this guy tried to get me to leave with him. b***h, I'm seventeen. Get your a** thrown right into prison, you will.

There was only one Cloud cosplayer at the Gathering in 2009, who had an outstanding costume and was generally a wonderful human being, and I got to be his Tifa for five minutes.

Convention Hall (RL convention and gatherings chat)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games