Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
because I'm bored: Ask me anything I am the Sailormoon Guru! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you believe me to be a Guru?
  yes, of course! *bows*
  ERm....POLL!!!
  Moonies thou art nutty
View Results

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:26 pm
As long as it's not about the voice actors *trying to memorize them* or the Sailormoon Live or the Musical. >.>!

But anything else is fine.

ask me anything ladies and gents and I can certianly find an answer for it.

My quote:

'A True Moonie would be able to see where the villians are comming from too.'~ Me  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:06 pm
Do you think they will make another series or end it.  

MikatoSakato

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:10 pm
The Star Season is it.

Naoko-sama has stated she will not write another series after sailormoon. Parallel Moon was something dun she wanted to do.

Other then that:

No, there will be no other season then the ones that are already out.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:13 pm
do you translate?  

SteelPatrickHarris

Yukito Yu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:23 pm
Who brought the sailormoon toys to North America and what were their plans for the series?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:46 pm
No I don't translate. I only know a few term and a few phrases. I do know you can go to yahoo and type in the search bar: Japanese translator.

It will show you many sites and such on how to say things. *after all it's where I find the name of my characters.*

--------

Well for the toys it's rather diverse. you have the Irwin Toy factory. You have the guys from Toys R. US and a few other people that import the toys to America. Some of the toys- especially Irwin ones I believe- also go through Canda to get to America (that's also where they do translations too.).

As for the Series, They have expressed no intentions to EVER releasing the Stars season on DVD or showing it on tv. Reasons to this vary. Some say it's DiC's fault for being a d**k.

So the best bet for those that want to see the Stars is to download it off the net or buy the mangas and read it. (it's only Three books long)
But that's one of the many reasons.

The other part of the seasons will be on DVD on sale at your local Media play or book store or Movie store.

^^ I hope I answered all your questions.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:22 am
Okay, a genuine question, since I have heard arguments for both side of this. Did Takeuchi originally intend Michiru and Haruka to be lovers, or did she not intend for them to be, and look back at some point during her work later and realize how close their relationship actually comes across?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:24 am
Well, when asked in an interveiw I've read (which was like a year or so ago) about them. She had said they were suppose to be very close friends.

Of course, we can interpert that as 'yes virgina, they are lovers'.

But ultimately, that's what she said at the time.

Personal opinion on that, I can't see Haruka or Michiru with anyone but each other.

sweatdrop I guess they're just one of those 'accidental' relationships that happen to flourish and have done well without the creator saying ' Hey look They're a couple!'. But in later books it seems suggested that she did intent for them to be together.

It's a case of 'Serendipity'. (A happy accident.)

Edit: upon looking up a few more things(ie to make sure what I had read was right). It also states that yes they became lovers.

*lol sorry to go around the bush and under it to get to the point.*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Wakaiba

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:41 am
Haa. Quizzing time.

What's the translation of the kangi on the charm that paralyzes Usagi when she first meets Rei?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:42 am
Luamervara
The Star Season is it.

Naoko-sama has stated she will not write another series after sailormoon. Parallel Moon was something dun she wanted to do.

Other then that:

No, there will be no other season then the ones that are already out.
Actually, Naoko was said to have sold the rights to Sailor Moon, and the animation company that bought them were planning to make a new season, for rumored release sometine in the next two years.  

Wakaiba

angel love you

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:13 am
i like sailor moon*craws in conner  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:21 am
Sailor Jupiter had some kind of attack with the word "coconut" in it in the manga. What was the name and what did it do? It kinda made me laugh. I was like, "what is that about?" 4laugh  

Oniri the 3rd

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:04 pm
the kanji on the charm is exactly what Rei says. Aku Ryo Tai San (which translates roughly to 'Evil Spirits Depart/Begone')

That's not really a sailormars power but a preistess one. And since Rei's a priestess.... yeah.

Oo;; *twere I Naoko-sama I would never sell the rights to anyone*

It's Coconut Cyclone. O.o apparently it's suppose to 'blow' the enemy away. *don't worry I'm with you when I first saw it.*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:42 pm
Wakaiba
Actually, Naoko was said to have sold the rights to Sailor Moon, and the animation company that bought them were planning to make a new season, for rumored release sometine in the next two years.

That's very interesting. o.o When and where did you hear that?  

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Yukito Yu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:29 pm
Luamervara

Well for the toys it's rather diverse. you have the Irwin Toy factory. You have the guys from Toys R. US and a few other people that import the toys to America. Some of the toys- especially Irwin ones I believe- also go through Canda to get to America (that's also where they do translations too.).

As for the Series, They have expressed no intentions to EVER releasing the Stars season on DVD or showing it on tv. Reasons to this vary. Some say it's DiC's fault for being a d**k.

So the best bet for those that want to see the Stars is to download it off the net or buy the mangas and read it. (it's only Three books long)
But that's one of the many reasons.

The other part of the seasons will be on DVD on sale at your local Media play or book store or Movie store.

I didn't know Toys R Us made their own toys. But I was actually looking for the toy intentions. lol I wanted to see if you knew what Irwin had in store for the series, but I suppose I didn't question it correctly at the time.

Anyways, if people are interested, Irwin was a major pusher for the Stars Series. That had actually made some dolls of some of the Stars characters, like the Princess, but when DiC decided to stop and the Animation Network went under new managment, the idea of bringing Stars over, flopped as the new managment of the Cartoon Network had no interest in the show. It also should be noted that certain bots can still pick up pictures off of the Irwin site about Sailor Stars as they made a section to hype the season up.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff