Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:35 am
Ok. my problem:
I really wanna get a piercing, but my dad doesnt want me to.
Before you call me mentally insane, hear me out.
I'm going to make absolutely sure that EVERYTHING is super sterile. I'm going to have my friend over (she knows a thing or two about how to do piercings). I have disinfectant and stuff. I even have bandaids.
So, do you think I should do this, or should I wait to get a professional to do it?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:02 am
What, were you planning on doing it yourself or something?  

Artemis Vulpes

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 am
I honestly recommend you get it done professionally instead.

Not that I advocate getting one without your dad's consent in the first place, but what you do is your choice. If he doesn't agree and you do it anyways , and he WILL likely find out somehow, I'm fairly sure it'll fly better if you do it responsibly and have it done by a professional.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:29 am
First, I'd say go to a professional; that would probably make your dad feel a lot better about it.

Second, have you sat down & talked with your dad about exactly why he doesn't want you to get a piercing?

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:30 am
Sunegami
First, I'd say go to a professional; that would probably make your dad feel a lot better about it.

Second, have you sat down & talked with your dad about exactly why he doesn't want you to get a piercing?

I am starting to get curious where the hell he wants to get it in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:48 am
Artemis Vulpes
I am starting to get curious where the hell he wants to get it in the first place.

Me too. whee  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:57 am
User Image

wow....mmm get a professional...less risk of infection...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:59 am
Artemis Vulpes
Sunegami

as am I

my advice is if you're doing something and wonder to yourself if you should do it or get a professional to do it
then you're almost always going to wish that it was done by the professional  

ImperialAuthority

Gallant Paladin

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:38 pm
Aren't you left with a permanent scar with those sorts of things? That is, it will never heal back the same so it's a rather permanent procedure once it's been "set".

Anyway, even if it's an ear piercing you really want it done by a professional these days. It hurts like hell, I'm sure, and you can ask for something to numb it a little (not much obviously).

Gotta make sure they use clean practices before doing it though. Otherwise that's just asking for a hole range of diseases. Doing it yourself doesn't make it any better though. You're still at risk for diseases, but some would be different ones. I'm sure you'd need a Tetanus shot if you did it wrong... Or treatment...

Any time were you open up a hole in your body that's not naturally there is risk, which is why you want a professional to do that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:18 pm
I'm surprised no one has said this yet.
Honestly, don't do it. At all.

If your dad still has a say in it, you're obviously not old enough to get it done professionally without parental supervision.
Wait until you're 18.
Chances are, your tastes will change a lot.
If you still want one at 18, get it.
If you don't, you won't regret any extra holes that won't seal up.
(Seriously, my ears sealed up 7 years ago, and I still have visible holes in them.)
You also won't be thinking back to how dumb you looked.

When I was 15, I wanted blue streaks. It's bad enough thinking back to me wanting them. If my mother had actually let me get them, I would be disgusted with myself.

If it's an ear piercing, disregard that.
If you're still going to do it, just convince your dad, and get it done professionally.
Don't sneak around and be a d**k about it, he'll find out anyway.

Atlaas

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:05 pm
I actually got my ears pierced when I was 14 without parental supervision, but I would say it's not a good thing to get something done when your dad says no and you're still living underneath his roof, especially if there are ANY sort of trust issues involved (besides this).

Also, if you do plan on going forward with this without your dad's consent, then do get it done by a professional, especially if you are wanting to get your n****e, eyebrow, lip, tongue, and nether regions.

Your dad may have his reasons and the best thing would be to sit down and talk about his reasoning behind it. I know that with dog training, you don't want to have any shiny things on your face or ears, because dogs, especially puppies -love- to go after them and I have had a client get her ear lobe torn because he brand new puppy tore out a hoop earring.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:09 pm
Garek Maxwell

Anyway, even if it's an ear piercing you really want it done by a professional these days. It hurts like hell, I'm sure, and you can ask for something to numb it a little (not much obviously).

It depends on how they do it. If with a piercing gun, it's brief and really fast. If they do it with a needle, like in belly piercings, then there may be a bit more pain involved.  

Rainey_angel81

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 pm
ImperialAuthority
Artemis Vulpes
Sunegami

as am I

my advice is if you're doing something and wonder to yourself if you should do it or get a professional to do it
then you're almost always going to wish that it was done by the professional

i want to get my nipples pierced. yeah, i talked to him. he said no cuz he didnt want people to know im gay (same reason for not letting me get my ear pierced stare ) although i wear rainbows and stuff all the time, and am open about it. i dont even understand how the hell that would tell people im gay, much less why they would lift up my shirt to find out. my dad wont take it well no matter what i do, and will most likely cut my chest off to prevent me from getting any more piercings T^T  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:14 pm
Is it worth fighting with your dad over? I know that, as the years go by, you may feel you truely missed out on something, possibly...

But since your living with him you can give him the respect of not doing something he's violently opposed to. Your not going to live with him forever. There'll be time to put lil holes in your nipples all too soon.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 pm
Do not do it by your self or have a friend do it for you that is one of the most unhygenic things you can possibly do eaven if your friend knows how to pierce dont you dare let them do it! The reson for this is thre are problems you can get from getting pierced and useing the wrong kind of metals. you can actualy become allergic to the metal you were pierced with or the ring that is put in afterword . your best bet is wait till your old enough to get it professionaly done and when you get it done ask for titanium. it is a little more pricy but it will assure you do not become alergic to metal. One of the hazards from haveing a metal alergy is no tats ever or the ones you have will migrate out of the skin if you have any bracket work in your moulth or fillings on the gum line your body may reject it allong with if you ever get into a car accident and you need any kind of reconstruction you can be allregic to the stiches or staples wich are usualy metalic not to mention any kind of hardwear your body would reject it prolonging and potential jepordizeing the healing prosses not to mention septic infections that occour from metal algergys. Dont be dumb get a professional piercer or a doctor. Take it from someone who got their ears pierced with gold and is now allrgic to all metals except platnum.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff