To give Voldermort's infari wands
  Just for the heck of it
  other
View Results

Oridaius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:24 am
Why was Olivander wizard-napped??? I could be one of the following:

-To make it so Voldermort's wand doesn't do Priori Incantantem anymore
-To cut off the production of wands to stop Harry from building an army against Voldermort.
-To give Voldermort's infari wands
-Just for the heck of it  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:33 pm
I would have to say to cut of wand production to stop Harry creating an army against Voldemort  

boofart

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

covo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:33 pm
I'm not sure why he was kidnapped but my guess would have to be so Voldemort's wand doesn't do Priori Incantantem again.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:03 pm
It wouldn't stop people from buying wands. Olivander was the best at making wands, but he wasn't the only wand maker. So younger wizards are probably walking around with wand of less quality I suppose. But wands are wands. Anything works for me.  

Sendoku

LadyNyaruInfinity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:17 pm
Perhaps to prevent Muggle-born children from obtaining wands? Olivander isn't the only wand maker out there. Maybe he is one of the major Wand Suppliers to Muggle-borns as well as Pure/Half-bloods. Maybe there are many wand makers out there that refuse to sell wands to Muggle-borns?

Maybe he wasn't kiddnapped. Maybe he is under the protection of Dumbledore/The Order?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:22 am
Olivander is recognized as one of the top wand makers. My thought was that Voldemort wanted him to replace any wands destroyed in battle on his side. That way the other side would have wands of a lower quality. Or given the way people are trying to get away, it might be hard to get a new wand at all.

I never thought of the priori incantantem, but I think that is a really good theory.  

non642

Nika Hesse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:13 pm
Nialla
Olivander is recognized as one of the top wand makers. My thought was that Voldemort wanted him to replace any wands destroyed in battle on his side. That way the other side would have wands of a lower quality. Or given the way people are trying to get away, it might be hard to get a new wand at all.

I agree. It certainly sounds like Voldemort to make sure the other side has as little support as ever. But I wonder--did Olivander go voluntarily or did something else happen? It will get cleared up soon, but it might play a significant part in the seventh.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:24 pm
It does not say for sure he was kidnapped. He could have gone into hidding.  

cyniclee

non642

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:58 am
Onyx_Fire

I agree. It certainly sounds like Voldemort to make sure the other side has as little support as ever. But I wonder--did Olivander go voluntarily or did something else happen? It will get cleared up soon, but it might play a significant part in the seventh.

yes he could have gone into hiding, or just crossed over as Onyx has suggested. There are many adults who have only been briefly described, so it is hard to tell where everybody's loyalties lie.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:58 pm
I can't believe He would be on Voldemorts side or go over willingly. After all he told Dumbledore about Harry's wand when he bought it. Why would he do that if he were on Voldemorte's side?  

cyniclee

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:23 pm
i think olivander either went into hiding or is being controlled by voldemort with the imperious curse and he doesnt realize it  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:12 am
i definately think itz to stop the Priori Incantantem. Like someone said/....there's plenty of ppl in the world that make wands...wands are wands...they can still do magic even if they arent a good a quality as the ones Olivander made.  

_ q u a c k k

soty33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:25 pm
hey. well i dont know why he was kidnapped. i dont think it was to stop voldemorts wand from doing priory incantantem because i dont think any wizard or witch could stop a wand from doing it.

this is kinda long i know  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:30 pm
It's real simple. Say there's a huge battle, Death Eaters vs. Good guys.
Death Eater gets his wand broken, take one from Ollivander. A never ending supply of wands for his Dark Army.  

Elliot Salem

Riku Stratus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:45 am
possibly to just prevent wand distribution. in order to stop Priori Incantantem, the core of His wand would have to be changed.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff