Submit

Gold
  makes the Gaian world go 'round.
View Results

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 am
Boy names, girl names, unisex names.
No more letter rules.

Back story: I'm not pregnant, nor am I planning on becoming pregnant any time soon. However, I want to get pregnant in a year or so.

The thing is, I'm not very good with names, especially boy names. My daughter's middle name was actually suggested by a friend.

Thus, I come to you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:38 pm
Well, I rather like the names Sebastian, Hunter, Vincent, Leon, and Damien. They all have a strong, yet refined feeling, to me at least.  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

master_maji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:08 pm
go with the unique i suggest greek myth names such as Athena,Aphrodite, Hercules and others ( but pandora is mine!!!! you have been warned)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 pm
Boys names that I think are adorable. Kaiden, and Colton.

Girls names are. Payton, Sierra, Kiara, Joyelle, and Charlotte.  

gothyc_rose

5,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:25 pm
Vincent is a beautiful name. Alexander, Ivy, Bernard, Apolos, Cecil (boy name, french), Cecile (girl name, french), Fiona, Marcia (pronounced Marsha, Marcia is the correct spelling, it means "of war", the name origionates from the god Mars, the the male name after Mars, Mark. Marcie or Marki are two other versions of Marsha that mean Of War/War Like).  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:27 am
master_maji
go with the unique i suggest greek myth names such as Athena,Aphrodite, Hercules and others ( but pandora is mine!!!! you have been warned)

I shall engage in fisticuffs to obtain ownership of aforementioned name, Pandora.  

Rainbow Shrapnel

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 am
gothyc_rose
Boys names that I think are adorable. Kaiden, and Colton.

Girls names are. Payton, Sierra, Kiara, Joyelle, and Charlotte.

I like Kaiden, but it sounds too similar to my daughter's middle name, Caydia.
sad

Joyelle, though, is now on my list 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:31 am
Angel of the End
Vincent is a beautiful name. Alexander, Ivy, Bernard, Apolos, Cecil (boy name, french), Cecile (girl name, french), Fiona, Marcia (pronounced Marsha, Marcia is the correct spelling, it means "of war", the name origionates from the god Mars, the the male name after Mars, Mark. Marcie or Marki are two other versions of Marsha that mean Of War/War Like).
I'd think naming your child something that means war would not bode well.  

Rainbow Shrapnel

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 pm
master_maji
( but pandora is mine!!!! you have been warned)

That name has been claimed by my v****a. Sorry.

BinxDahlia

Most people don't realise what names mean. My aunt's name is Marsha. It's not something she ever gets flack for. Nor my friends named Mark. -_-

ANYWAY

I don't dabble in name choices because I don't want children. So no need.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 am
HEY!!!! , why don't you try underground miner's names?

For instance if it is a boy, well there is Ben(gamin), Bob(Robert), Ed(gar), Andy, Dean, Joe(seph), Norm(an), Frank, Lonney? (I am just naming some of the people (backward, pickup driving rednecks for the most part) I work with.)

If it is a girl... well you're screwed if you want a typical underground miner's name XD.

On a more serious note

If it is a girl, what about Janel L'ee, Amber, Gina (maybe it rhymes to much with v****a but i still like the name)

If it's a boy well... there is Sasha, Joel, Noel, Jean, Sylvain (pronounced no-el as opposed to nowle),

Generic names... I dont know.. I'm not into names that come from mythological creatures or gods nor some that go along the lines of Vladamir The Impaler or Cruel la  

the_underworks

Official Gothic Chick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:23 pm
Justin, Alexander, Koby
Raven, Kira, Mileena, Nessa,  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:50 pm
There's a little boy at work (childcare) called Jacso. James cool because you can call them Jim, Jimmy and Jimbo (and Jamie). Jayden is pretty popular here.
Remember, you can't lose with 'Jack'!

I like old names like Judy/Judith, Gretchen, Ruth and Mildred. My grandma had a sister called Mingon. I think I spelled that right. Pronounced Min-yong.
Vivian, Betty, Agnus and Edna I like as well.

Just don't call them something like 'Starr' or 'Aqua'. Those kids have to try and live with those names. And if you call your daughter Jane don't call her Jayne. None of that extra Y crap. Parents need to be consulted about that s**t!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:22 am
MortSanglant
master_maji
( but pandora is mine!!!! you have been warned)

That name has been claimed by my v****a. Sorry.

BinxDahlia

Most people don't realise what names mean. My aunt's name is Marsha. It's not something she ever gets flack for. Nor my friends named Mark. -_-

ANYWAY

I don't dabble in name choices because I don't want children. So no need.
I think that most people, upon hearing the word Pandora, at least think of chaos. Besides, I meant it would seem like a bad idea because you're sort of asking the universe for something bad to happen. Granted, Pandora wasn't like Loki, she didn't ******** up on purpose, but still...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:27 am
the_underworks
HEY!!!! , why don't you try underground miner's names?

For instance if it is a boy, well there is Ben(gamin), Bob(Robert), Ed(gar), Andy, Dean, Joe(seph), Norm(an), Frank, Lonney? (I am just naming some of the people (backward, pickup driving rednecks for the most part) I work with.)

If it is a girl... well you're screwed if you want a typical underground miner's name XD.

On a more serious note

If it is a girl, what about Janel L'ee, Amber, Gina (maybe it rhymes to much with v****a but i still like the name)

If it's a boy well... there is Sasha, Joel, Noel, Jean, Sylvain (pronounced no-el as opposed to nowle),

Generic names... I dont know.. I'm not into names that come from mythological creatures or gods nor some that go along the lines of Vladamir The Impaler or Cruel la
I hate common names, but that doesn't mean I want something like Bastet or Justinian. Just something... different. Although Vlad would be a pretty cool name, imho.

Janel L'ee? How is that even pronounced?  

Rainbow Shrapnel

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 am
spooky_sez
There's a little boy at work (childcare) called Jacso. James cool because you can call them Jim, Jimmy and Jimbo (and Jamie). Jayden is pretty popular here.
Remember, you can't lose with 'Jack'!

I like old names like Judy/Judith, Gretchen, Ruth and Mildred. My grandma had a sister called Mingon. I think I spelled that right. Pronounced Min-yong.
Vivian, Betty, Agnus and Edna I like as well.

Just don't call them something like 'Starr' or 'Aqua'. Those kids have to try and live with those names. And if you call your daughter Jane don't call her Jayne. None of that extra Y crap. Parents need to be consulted about that s**t!
Min-yong? Mignon? Filet mignon? Are you hungry?

No Starr or Aqua? What about Aquastar? 4laugh

As for funny spelling... Part of me wants to throw in a random letter and say it's silent. Like... Pterrence. Better yet... Ashleigh, meet Gheeoanjo. What do you mean that's not how you spell Fiona? The J is silent! Gosh. xp  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff