Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Short Hair a Turn-off? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Short or long hair on the opposite gender?
  short!
  long!
  midlength?
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:30 am
I was thinking about it because I read an article today in a fashion magazine comparing long hair and short hair.
It was an editor who had cut her hair, and basically made herself into a test subject, to see if men really do find short hair less attractive.
She said that comparing when she had long hair to when she had short hair that she got significantly less attention from men.
She even said that going home after her haircut and talking to her boyfriend, asking for completely honesty, he told her he was less attracted to her with short hair.
She found herself getting more compliments from women and gay men than from men who were interested in her.
(and about how short she cut her hair, I mean like pixie cut, boy short)

So I ask, mostly the men of the guild though I'm curious to hear from everyone, do you find short hair less attractive than long hair?

Personally, on men, I prefer shorter hair.
Not really short but midlength.
I don't find crew cuts attractive.
Though if you can work the Caesar/Clooney cut then that's pretty sweet.
After my first, and only boyfriend so far, I decided I wouldn't date a boy with longer hair than me.
(It's not like I had super short hair either, my hair was shoulder length, when we broke up his was half way down his back)
This would be about the longest I find hair attractive on a man.

On girls, it really depends on how you wear your hair.
If you can pull off a funky super short pixue cut then kudos.
I find it sexy in an edgy way.
But hair that is longer, if worn well and not just limp and hanging there, is very attractive as well.
Mega long hair, like butt length, is just obnoxious to me.

This may sound like a really shallow topic, because of course hair doesn't matter so much once you get to know a person.
If I met a great guy with hair longer than mine it's not like I'd turn him down simply on choice of hair style.
But appearance is the first thing people will notice will looking at you.
They don't magically see your personality, unless at the moment you're in the middle of some insane body language, they see how you dress, your hair, your eyes.
(We can debate this part all day though, just please don't. I understand that your personality does come out in how you carry yourself and clothing choice but that's not what this topic is about.)

So I'm genuinely curious about this.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 am
I think it depends on how the person wears it if they can pull it off. I have a female professor who has short hair and I think she looks lovely. Picturing her with long hair...it doesn't look right on her. Then there's a male professor with really long blonde hair. I think it works for him since he keeps it tied back. I think I even jokenly called him Legolas once.

For me....I look best with long hair. I've experimented in the past and I like long hair best with my more round shaped face.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:45 am
i'm always attracted to pixie cuts, just because you can spike 'em around into faux-hawkes etc.

as for guy ahir i sunno. after a certain length it seems to start looking like they don't take care of it though. mid-back length rarely works on men, but i can dig longer hair- like just shorter than shoulder etc.
depends on style i guess

with my hair i went through school with thick, long curly frizzy hair because i didn;t know hwo to look after it, so my mum frenhplaited it which looked awful.
i was always called "frizzy freak"

Now i have discovered curl-enhancing conditioner and LAYERS! *gasp*
i prefer my ahir above shoudler length and layers nowadays because it's not so heavy.
ppl sometimes compliment me, which is cool, but the beast isstill unmanagable any day but the day i washed it (and sometimes even then)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:02 am
depending on the style of the cut, how short their hair is exactly and if they make the style work for them, i actually like girls with short hair more then i do ones with long hair

god, im the first guy to have posted in threads like this (the only other being the who would you go gay/straight for thread)

but again, depending on the style of the cut, how short their hair is, and if they actually look good with whatever style they chose, i tend to find short hair girls more attractive then girls with long hair O.o

as for me, i keep my hair short, usually a ceasar cut, though for the past couple of years, ive been getting my hair cut at a salon that my aunt owns and ive been getting cut in the same style that my cousin gets his cut in (the son of the aunt who owns the salon, just for clarification)  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:40 am
Wow really? Maybe it was b/c she didn't look good in it compared to long hair. For example I personally look terrible with short hair. Tried it once and compared to my long hair it wasn't attractive. Unlike my sister she looked great in short hair but not really in long hair.

For girls and guys....I would say that no matter what the cut is...as long as you can pull it off I'd think it looks hot/cute/awesome ect... ^^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:15 am
I like longer hair on guys but the length I have found depends on how their face is shaped and how the keep themselves, if its long and they look dirty and have a creepy facial hair style its a turnoff.

I find this topic interesting since the women of the movie industry who men go crazy over have short hair. For example Charlise Theron in Aeon Flux was totally hot in her hair cut. Millia Jovovich almost always has short hair and she is gorgeos in the resident evil movies. Rianna is smokin with her pixie cut, and Sharon Stone has been rocking the short 'do for years and she has not at all diminished in attractiveness.  

VampressLeona

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:25 pm
Moon:
Yeah, it really depends on how they wear it.
I'm experimenting right now with growing my hair out, actually.
I've always had it short, shoulder length and shorter, so I'm seeing how it looks longer.
So far people really like it, maybe because I have a rounder face too. >>

DT:
Yeah, pixie cuts are fun.
That's kind of the reason I don't really like longer hair on guys unless they obviously take a lot of care of it.
It started to look like that on my ex and that was kind of gross.
I've read curly hair is awful to take care of until you learn how to work with it.
I'm sure if you had it really long it would have been really heavy.
That sounds difficult even still. >>

xylert:
That's cool.
It's alright that you're the only guy posting so far.
Maybe Dornkus will come post eventually to make you fell less alone.
But again, I guess it really does depend on how someone wears their hair.
That's neat your aunt owns a salon too.
I've been getting my hair cut at the same hair dresser for years so she knows my hair and always cuts it in a style that looks good messy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 pm
Moonlight:
She did look better with long hair, she was still pretty but the cut she got looked kind of like Tom Cruise's/Katie Holme's.
The girl had a long face so it made her face look longer.
By no means did the cut look terrible on her, it just didn't look as good as her long hair.
(and I actually didn't like her longer hair, she needed bangs while she had long hair)

Vampress:
Yeah, I think I agreed when DT said that too.
Creepy facial hair + long greasy hair
Eww......
That is kind of funny though, I hadn't thought of that.
But then you must think about the other ones that men are fawning over right now.
Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, they all have long hair and they're all ones that men go crazy for too.
(I heard Aeon Flux was bad but Charlize Theron does look pretty hot with short hair.)  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:30 pm
It somewhat depends on if it fits the person. It can also depend on if it's straight or curly and which style. Sometimes even color.

But I don't really like short hair that much. As some hippie song states: "Shoulder length or longer!" (But not too long).

Also, I like ponytails on females for some reason.

As for my hair, I don't like it too short, but it gains a life of its own after it gets to a certain length. Unfortunately, that's only a little bit longer than my preferred length, so it's how I like it for a little while and then I have to cut it off.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:05 pm
Dornkus
It somewhat depends on if it fits the person. It can also depend on if it's straight or curly and which style. Sometimes even color.

But I don't really like short hair that much. As some hippie song states: "Shoulder length or longer!" (But not too long).

As for my hair, I don't like it too short, but it gains a life of its own after it gets to a certain length. Unfortunately, that's only a little bit longer than my preferred length, so it's how I like it for a little while and then I have to cut it off.

Ponytails, that's interesting.
Not bad but something new.
Ponytails are cute.

Maybe you should cut your hair a little shorter than your preferred length so you get more mileage out of your haircuts?
I tend to do that with my bangs because my hair grows fast.
That and I finally realized that long bangs were doing nothing for me but impairing my vision.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:24 pm
yeah ponytails are interesting. Ponytails are my 'i feel like i look like crap but i can't be arsed to have this crap flapping around my goddmaned face and frizzing up' hairstyle lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:24 pm
Zizzykitty
Dornkus

Ponytails are cute.

Maybe you should cut your hair a little shorter than your preferred length so you get more mileage out of your haircuts?
That and I finally realized that long bangs were doing nothing for me but impairing my vision.

Oh, I forgot the most important detail about that. Bangs. A girl needs bangs, especially with a ponytail. If the bangs are pulled back, it reminds me of an onion.

It's hard to find a good example on an actual person on the web,
but I prefer ponytails like This (Yep, I had to rely on Lara Croft)
Not This.
A friend of mine suggested it may be because it gives a look of sophistication. I'm somewhat into things like that.

Actually, I have it cut down to much shorter than my preferred length. I think it looks like crap, but it grows to my preferred length in a few weeks, but then starts to go out of control shortly afterward.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:31 pm
Dornkus
Zizzykitty
Dornkus

Ponytails are cute.

Oh, I forgot the most important detail about that. Bangs. A girl needs bangs, especially with a ponytail. If the bangs are pulled back, it reminds me of an onion.

It's hard to find a good example on an actual person on the web,
but I prefer ponytails like This (Yep, I had to rely on Lara Croft)
Not This.
A friend of mine suggested it may be because it gives a look of sophistication. I'm somewhat into things like that.

Actually, I have it cut down to much shorter than my preferred length. I think it looks like crap, but it grows to my preferred length in a few weeks, but then starts to go out of control shortly afterward.

If you don't like ponytails lacking bangs then I must ask what you think of the ponytail with the bump thing instead of bangs
(Fourth image from the left in the top row. My mom put a weird thing on this computer that opens images in basically an editing software so I can't get to the page on the internet with the picture because it automatically opens befor I get to that page.)

If you do a ponytail right then it looks sophistcated, I do agree.
When I throw my hair into a ponytail it's because it's hot and I don't want my hair on my neck so it just looks messy.
So I tended to stop thinking of them as sophisticated.

That would be annoying to have such a short window of how you like your hair.
You should learn how to cut your hair yourself so you can trim it when you think it's getting too long so you can always have your hair how you like.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:43 pm
Zizzykitty
If you don't like ponytails lacking bangs then I must ask what you think of the ponytail with the bump thing instead of bangs
(Fourth image from the left in the top row. My mom put a weird thing on this computer that opens images in basically an editing software so I can't get to the page on the internet with the picture because it automatically opens befor I get to that page.)

If you do a ponytail right then it looks sophistcated, I do agree.
When I throw my hair into a ponytail it's because it's hot and I don't want my hair on my neck so it just looks messy.
So I tended to stop thinking of them as sophisticated.

That would be annoying to have such a short window of how you like your hair.
You should learn how to cut your hair yourself so you can trim it when you think it's getting too long so you can always have your hair how you like.

Meh. I'm not really a fan of the bump. It's better than when it's pulled back all the way, though.

It's not necessarily because they look sophisticated; that's just a plausible answer. Overall, I just like them for some reason.

The window is a bit longer than I made it out to be, but it's still smaller than I'd like. I have slight natural curl to my hair. My right sideburn starts to grow upward after a while.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 pm
Never ever do a ponytail like chavs with the 'chelsea face lift'

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff