Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:04 am
There is a glut of used black SIG 220s in .45ACP on the local market. I've seen 5 of them in three stores, all around $500. I also found an H&K USP Compact Tactical with no scratches (and desert camo colored frame) in the same price range.

What is a gun buyer to do? One of each or just the USP Compact?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:02 am
I like the looks of the SIG better, but from your description, it sounds like the USP's in better condition. I'd go with either.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:53 pm
Floyd
There is a glut of used black SIG 220s in .45ACP on the local market. I've seen 5 of them in three stores, all around $500. I also found an H&K USP Compact Tactical with no scratches (and desert camo colored frame) in the same price range.

What is a gun buyer to do? One of each or just the USP Compact?

SIG 220 in .45ACP?

GET IT NAO!!! DO IT NAO!!! BUY IT NAO!!!!

NAO NAO NAO!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 pm
Buy two sigs and give me one wink  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:17 pm
uryu ishida
If only that weren't illegal.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:58 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Yeah.
he could totally give me the cash for it, though. That's a pretty big chunk towards a car for me.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:21 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida

If you do an FFL transfer it's fine.

Unless of course you're not 21.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:37 pm
Just for the record, I didn't get back in time to buy the H&K. The price was just too good to last more than a day. But there are tons of SIGs moving through the used gun counters.

Which is just as well. I'm seriously considering a 9mm now. The .45ACP is a great round, but sustained firing is both expensive and hard on the wrist. Perhaps someday...  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:28 pm
Floyd
Just for the record, I didn't get back in time to buy the H&K. The price was just too good to last more than a day. But there are tons of SIGs moving through the used gun counters.

Which is just as well. I'm seriously considering a 9mm now. The .45ACP is a great round, but sustained firing is both expensive and hard on the wrist. Perhaps someday...
Well hell, if you want a .45, I'm sure mom would be happy to trade the PT1911 for something lighter and easier on the wrist. And SIGs are pretty ********' awesome. I've had my eye on the "tactical" 226 at the shop, since they don't have a plain one (it has the extended threaded barrel)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:02 am
uryu ishida
Floyd

Well hell, if you want a .45, I'm sure mom would be happy to trade the PT1911 for something lighter and easier on the wrist. And SIGs are pretty ********' awesome. I've had my eye on the "tactical" 226 at the shop, since they don't have a plain one (it has the extended threaded barrel)
That just leaves an option open for the future. A shiny, class three option.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 pm
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Floyd

A threaded barrel makes it class three?
neutral

That doesn't sound right.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:21 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Floyd

neutral

No, I meant the option you ADD to the threaded barrel is class three.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Floyd

neutral

Oh

I thought that was just a $200 stamp.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:11 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
uryu ishida
Floyd

neutral

Oh

Pretty much what Class 3 is. $300 and six months.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

neutral

Oh

Pretty much what Class 3 is. $300 and six months.

Six months?
... you mean it expires every six months?  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff