Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hey
  hi!
View Results

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 am
Topic about work! When did you get your first job?
I was 18 when I got mines here. How about you guys? Anyone have yet to get a job at all? ^_^
If so...you're not really missing out. XD (It can be nice and it can be bad but who doesn't like not working?)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm
I got my first part-time job in the summer of 2005....although I was baby-sitting off and on before that.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:34 pm
I'm still a slacker since I've always focused 100% on my schoolwork and been lucky with govermment loans/bursaires. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:40 pm
dragontamer363
I'm still a slacker since I've always focused 100% on my schoolwork and been lucky with govermment loans/bursaires. sweatdrop

Always focused 100%, DT? O_o -> wink  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:17 pm
in THEORY lol

This'll come back to bite me in the arse now there's no jobs availiable anywhere ><  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm
I got my first summer job when I was 14.
Since then I've always worked during summer vacation,
and when I was 15 I started working suring my Christmas vacation as well.

My first job was this cleaning/maintence/gardening thing for the city that's called 'Teen-work' here in Iceland, and most kids start working there during the summer at age 14.
When I was 15 instead of doing like the rest of my age group and working at the teen work thing during the summer again, I started working at the post office,
which meant longer hours, more working months (since the teen work thing only lasts about two months) and much more pay :]
After that I pretty much had a reserved job during the summer months and Christmas vacation at the post office, and I took use of that,
until this summer when I got a job as a maid at a hotel instead.

I've never had too clean as many sperm-stains in my life
D=

klikkhaus

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:52 pm
klikkhaus

D=

gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:00 pm
dragontamer363
klikkhaus

D=

gonk

One of the reasons I don't like staying at hotels....lol. I'll sleep in the car, dang it.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:03 pm
haha
Presumably they change teh sheets before you go in your room, moon xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:23 pm
dragontamer363
haha
Presumably they change teh sheets before you go in your room, moon xd

Yes....presumably......I'm gonna get one of those light things they use in CSI and investgate the cleanliness of the rooms one day. It can become a crappy realilty TV show like so many others......haha  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:34 pm
lol oh dear XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:15 pm
I...

Don't have a job.
And I've never had one sweatdrop

I'm old enough to have one but my mom isn't going to make me get one until I turn 18, and a lot of the places I'd want to work don't hire under 18 anyway.
I applied to the library a while ago but they were overstaffed since they closed down a library somewhere else and transferred the employees to the one at which I was applying.
I didn't even get a chance. rofl  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Fate-J

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 pm
Like many of you, I dont have a job and never did have one:/ Though it would be interesting to do so, my parents arent very supportive of it. They think it wiser for me to concentrate on my studies first._.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:20 am
Sperm stains in hotel rooms. Ew....

Ok I got my first job when I was 17. It was at the local '4 Square' supermarket and I worked there over the summer. My job was to make sure the drinks fridges were kept full, the produce was stocked up and the milk fridges were full. When all that was done, I had to stack things up out the back and then price things in the store, as well as break up random boxes and put them in the recycle bin. All this in the summer heat. Then when all that was done, I had to re-do it all haha. It sucked but I got a lot of money out of it and the people were nice. I think I'll end up going to work there again this summer because the course I'm doing is nearly finished and out of the 12 jobs I've applied to, only one has got back to me declining me lols. fml.  

Custom Kiwi

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:26 am
My first job was at 19 at Circuit City . . . which no longer is existing.
It had it's ups and downs (Black Friday was a down) but overall is was fun.
I'm still looking for a new one
sweatdrop

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas