Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Guy With Condoms

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:14 am
Its Like Nothing Looks Like Me D:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 am
I barely have one, so it's not so big of a deal.
Actually, even that I'm not sure of...

All I have is "brown wolf". That's really it. No fur pattern, no species/genus/whatever, none of that.

...Alternatively, I also have one somewhat based upon my heritage to make it more fitting to me. Not sure if I should switch to that or not, and if I should just keep calling him a wolf for simplicity's sake.

If you're curious as to how I came about a fursona based upon my heritage, then continue to read below, otherwise it's really not important.

-----------------------------------------------

Okay, so basically I looked at different animals and kinda decided that wild canine fits me best. Well, broad category. So I tried to narrow it down significantly. Here's what I did:

1. I'm English, Irish, Dutch, Greek, and Cherokee. So, I looked up all locations and found what kinds of wild canines lived there.

2. Many of these species overlapped between regions, so while I narrowed it down it was still rather broad.

3. I assigned each species a "point system". The more times it popped up, the more points it got. Each one got one point for every time it popped up.

4. Now here's where I skewed the data juuust a little. I had more recent "double doses" of Cherokee while the others were more blended together. The problem is that I probably had a double dose from the others, but I couldn't tell... So for the Eastern North American area, I just assigned each species found two points instead.

5. In the end, I added up the points and determined the most likely species that fits me based upon my heritage. I dropped the lowest scoring ones like the Jackal from Greece because they were so small it would be rather negligible compared to like the 6 or 7 point foxes and wolves. Additionally, as far as I could tell, the Jackal seemed as though it was rather rare to begin with in Greece.

6. After doing all of that, I determined that I'd be a folfyote. I pronounce it as Folf - ee - yo -t. It's wrong, but it sounds nicer to me. Though having that yo - te on the end may sound better to some. I dunno.

Anyway, maybe that helps. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:35 pm
Well of course your fursona looks nothing like you. What animal ever looks like a human?

How about this. How about you pick an animal that has never been done before? Everyone does the commons, cats, dogs, canines, felines, mammals in general, or mystical creatures like dragons and taurs. Try a non-mammal creature like an amphibious animal, or a fish (not sharks, sharks have been done), or even a worm.

Maybe you can be a protozoa.

(or, because no one ever does APES, even though they are animals, maybe you can be a gibbon or something).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 pm
Psycho Lee

How about this. How about you pick an animal that has never been done before? Everyone does the commons, cats, dogs, canines, felines, mammals in general, or mystical creatures like dragons and taurs. Try a non-mammal creature like an amphibious animal, or a fish (not sharks, sharks have been done), or even a worm.
OR A PLATYPUS.

Go with a platypus, seriously.
If it had actually suited me I would have done it.
And it's so awesome.

Flamingo would obviously be amazing too.

But just keep coming up with different fursonas until you find something that feels right. You can always just scrap the rest.

Atlaas

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:59 pm
Psycho Lee
What animal ever looks like a human?

Chimpanzee. I think they're ugly as sin; take that as you will. X3

There's a person (don't know if they're a guy or a girl) on FA whose "fursona" is a pill bug. Coolest thing ever. ♥

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:17 pm
"Get some one to comission somethign for you?"  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Zella L.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:17 pm
Addax, bintruong, civet, dik-dik, eland, fossa, gerenuk, hartebeest, igaunadon, jerboa, kinkajou, linsang, marmoset, numbat, okapi, pere david's deer, quetzocoatlus, raccoon dog, spotted skunk, tasmanian devil, waterbuck, yapok, zebra duiker

Go diversity! Pick the one of those that starts with the same letter that your name starts with. There.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 pm
Zella L.
dik-dik

Teeheehee! heart  

Garek Maxwell

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 pm
Did you check down in your couch's cushions? Lost things are always getting wedged into places like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 am
My advice for picking a species that fits? Imagine that, for whatever reason, you're going to be turned into an anthro animal, permanently, and there's nothing that can be done to prevent it. However, you get to pick the species that you'll be spending the rest of your life as. So what would you choose?  

Shakeidas

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:18 am
sometimes just go with what your heart says. if you cant makup your mind, there's no reason you cannot have more than one character. hiki is my main one, but i had a stint as a cow(aditi) and a goat(amaltheia)! i also have background characters of malkav the bat, nanabush the jackaplope, alanna the lioness, and lorelei the rotweiler.
i have a friend that has been a lynx, a jekyl-and-hyde type furry monster, a cheetah, a gryphen, and finally a pied crow.

just a side note: gryphons are smexy. smexy enough that i made a fursuit head for free for 2 the ranting gryphon just because i liked them so much. if you ended up with gryf, i'd hump your leg, rofl!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 am
Alanna the Lioness = tm Tamora Pierce :O  

Zella L.

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:34 am
Zella L.
Alanna the Lioness = tm Tamora Pierce :O
glad you caught it! i even draw her with purple eyes! she's just for my use though, so i dont think i'd get in too much trouble, it was in tribute to the character since she was my favorite.

for those that dont chatch the reference, there's a book series where the main character is a girl masqurading as a boy so she can become a knight, and later on after her gender is revealed she takes the title "the lioness" human characters, but she's my favorite author i couldnt help start doodling, and the creation i had i was enamoured with and kept.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:12 pm
Like I MEan Have You Seen [-Erik-] It Sorta Looks Like Him well just the hair anyways xD

The Guy With Condoms

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm
sometimes you need to be a different one to see withc one fits....  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff