View Results

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:17 am
How many of you out there are in college/university right now? Or have you already graduated? Are you in graduate school? What's your major(s) and minor(s) (if you have a minor)? What year in school are you? What size is your school? How do you like college/university? Which is better: college/university or high school?

I am currently in my fifth year at a really small college in the middle of nowhere. I am a psychology major, history minor (though I need one more course for my minor). College is WAY better than high school. I have had a lot of good times in college. I might go to grad school, but I am not sure yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 am
Not in college yet but working on signing up for one slowly. My last step is just talking to the adviser but I've been so lazyxbusy to do it as of late. It's going to be big and my first year but I plan to take 2 years then transfer to another college counting on what I decided to do. (B/c I still can't decide on a career)
My major and minor will be something with animator or being an art teacher. I think that college in the whole will defiantly be better than HS since it's more freedom. heart

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:47 pm
I'm in my 3rd year at university (3rd year is haaaard! lol)

I'm studying History away form home. Next year I'm back home and off into teh real world. ideally i want to work in museums or art galleries but i need to get some voluntary work in to do that  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:54 pm
I'll soon be entering my final year in my university. Majoring in Children's Book Illustration with a minor in art history. Although I'm debating on an art education major....which means I would then stay in school for another year or so.

I love my school-much better than high school in my opinion.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:42 pm
I just started college at Full Sail in September. I'm going for a BA in Digital Art. It isn't a big school, only about 8000 students total. I love it really, it's absolutely amazing. Everybody's kinda grown up from high school, nobody has a problem talking to people outside their social cliques.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 pm
Aw man, i wish i was doing an art course sad

one day i might. If i can save up i may one day try to a combined creative writing and art course for a year  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:57 pm
dragontamer363
Aw man, i wish i was doing an art course sad

one day i might. If i can save up i may one day try to a combined creative writing and art course for a year

Does your uni not have an auditing type system?

At my uni we can audit a class....which means we and take it for free-we just don't get a grade or credit for it. And another plus is if you don't go to the class it's not held against you.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:05 pm
we could. to be fair i could have done creative writing perhaps - but i was never sure if they did the kind of course i wanted. as for art that's at another section of the university elsewhere.(like in another city)  

dragontamer363
Crew

Custom Kiwi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:56 pm
Kind of a touchy subject for me....
At the end of last year when I was in my final year of high school, a whole lot of stuff went down and I kinda failed all of my exams which would let me get into univeristy. I really, really wanted to go, for the most part because I needed a new start away from the people I knew, a place where I could just be a new person and try to be more outgoing/confident. But then the rejection came and I didn't know what to do. I had a couple of months just bumming around, working a bit but generally being too depressed to do anything.
Finally, at the end of summer, my mum showed me this tourism course in Auckland. It's only a one year course but I said I'd do it so I could at least still get away from my home town.
Well, I've been doing this course since March and I only have 4 weeks to go. I'm looking for work right now but I also applied at the University of Auckland for the 2010 semester (starting in March) and really, really hope that with the marks from the course I'm doing right now, I get in. I'M JUST SO SICK AND TIRED OF WAITING. If I manage to get in, I'll be able to study languages like I want. I'll be doing a Bachelor of Art.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 am
I'm in a junior college, uhm the one before university. Just ended my fourth year(: Will be in the fifth year next year, with the whole thing ending after the sixth year( sad : Need to do better to get into a good uni!  

Fate-J

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:37 am
*still in high school*
You guys are ooooold. rofl

Just kidding, I still you love all.
I'm applying to colleges though since this is my senior year.
I'm pretty confident since I test well so I've already passed all my proficiencies, means you graduate high school, and did pretty well on the SAT.
I just need to actually apply now instead of being lazy. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:03 am
*chases Zizzy off lawn*

haha wink  

0Moon_Maiden0

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 am
Oh my, Zizzy's a young'n?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:28 pm
Shhh...
It's a secret.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 am
sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

About two years ago, I was a student at Berea College. I got a free computer, a job, and I didn't even need a car. (Freshmen had to walk everyywhere, unless you had a condition.)

But I ended up getting severely depressed, and dropped out. *still smacks meself on a daily basis.*

I'm currently getting ready to go to Lee's College, which is just a few minutes from my home. I don't think they have a double major program down there, otherwise I'd get a bachelor's in both Elementary Education and Psychology. I also plan on studying web site design, music, and maybe even some foreign languages.

As for a goal in life, I'm thinking of starting as a teacher, then moving on into either school counselor, child psychiatrist, or... I've been even thinking Criminal Psychology.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff