BLARG HONK BLARG !
  huh?
  I know where you got that from. XD
  GIVE ME THE MONEY!
View Results

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:50 am
Long ago I bought this game with my hard earned allowance.
User Image
It's a terrible game in my opinion.
You really only unlocked pictures of the toys!
scream

What about you guys?
Buy anything that disappointed you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:55 am
my biggest regret would be purple Dr.Martens that tore my feet to shreds.
Never wore e'ma again, despite trying to break 'em in for months (agony! gonk ) lol

ahh Beast wars, I used to love that show smile  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:01 am
Yeah....there have been several things in the past I regret buying. That's why now I'm in a constant debate in head when I see something I want....

Do I really need this?
How often am I really going to watch/play this?
Should I wait and ask for it as a Christmas/Birthday gift and save my money?

Those sort of questions go through my head....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:03 am
dragontamer363
my biggest regret would be purple Dr.Martens that tore my feet to shreds.
Never wore e'ma again, despite trying to break 'em in for months (agony! gonk ) lol

ahh Beast wars, I used to love that show smile

Evil Shoes! gonk I've had a few of those.

Beast Wars is awesome!

whee

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:07 am
0Moon_Maiden0
Yeah....there have been several things in the past I regret buying. That's why now I'm in a constant debate in head when I see something I want....

Do I really need this?

Me too
I always look up reviews on the things I want to buy now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 am
it's a good habit to get ito - esp with games.
My sister bought the newest spyro games - they ended up having about 2/4 hours gameplay in it and just repeating teh same thing over and over. and NOT FINSIHING because they were a narrative thing. blerg.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 am
Recently? Left for dead 1.
I bought it at Walmart b/c I was there and thought 'well... since I'm here why not buy it from them instead of game stop? I'll save myself a trip!"
Well I went home and played it with my sister and it was terrible! Repetitive and no storyline. Same goal each campaign and we finished one campaign in 1 hour. o_o

So the next day I took it to game stop to trade it in (If you open a video game you can't return it). The guy there happens to know me and wanted to know if I wanted to pre-order the next one so we started to chat and we told him and the other guys how I just bought it yesterday and our thoughts on it. The guy was like "Aw! Now see if you bought it from us I could have returned it to you for full price b/c I know you. But since you bought it from the 'enemy' I can only give you half back as trade in." lol

And we got store credit back. ^_^ So in the end I bought a game and lost some money when I was trying to save by not driving to anther store...but I learned that the guy I know at game stop will give me a full return even if I open a video game since he knows me! ^_^ So I learned something new!
((The guys (and one girl) at our local game stop are really nice. ^_^ SO I know now to only buy my games there from now on.))
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 am
MonkeyFen
0Moon_Maiden0

Do I really need this?

Me too
The only bad thing is that some reviews are bad. >_< So you can sometimes get thrown off when a game is actually pretty amazing.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Super Mega Nope
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:42 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
MonkeyFen
0Moon_Maiden0

Do I really need this?

Me too
The only bad thing is that some reviews are bad. >_< So you can sometimes get thrown off when a game is actually pretty amazing.

That's why I look at multiple ones. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:45 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
I bought it at Walmart b/c I was there and thought 'well... since I'm here why not buy it from them instead of game stop? I'll save myself a trip!"
Well I went home and played it with my sister and it was terrible! Repetitive and no storyline. Same goal each campaign and we finished one campaign in 1 hour. o_o

So the next day I took it to game stop to trade it in (If you open a video game you can't return it). The guy there happens to know me and wanted to know if I wanted to pre-order the next one so we started to chat and we told him and the other guys how I just bought it yesterday and our thoughts on it. The guy was like "Aw! Now see if you bought it from us I could have returned it to you for full price b/c I know you. But since you bought it from the 'enemy' I can only give you half back as trade in." lol

And we got store credit back. ^_^ So in the end I bought a game and lost some money when I was trying to save by not driving to anther store...but I learned that the guy I know at game stop will give me a full return even if I open a video game since he knows me! ^_^ So I learned something new!
((The guys (and one girl) at our local game stop are really nice. ^_^ SO I know now to only buy my games there from now on.))
heart

Wow, I wish I knew someone on the inside
whee

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm
MonkeyFen
Moonlight_HuangHou
MonkeyFen
0Moon_Maiden0

Do I really need this?

Me too

Wise Decision ^--^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:07 pm
I kind of regret buying Scribblenauts. Don't get me wrong, it's nifty and fun to play around with, but I think I should have waited for it to go down in price.

Oh, and the DLC for "My Life As a King." First you have to pay for it, then you need to do a mission to UNLOCK THE THING YOU PAID FOR. I have some things I didn't even bother to unlock.

And, of course, My Life As a King itself. As someone stated, it's "A Final Fantasy game where you send people off to play Final Fantasy." You don't even get to watch any battles if you want to.

Moonlight_HuangHou

heart

I found "Left 4 Dead" fun, but I agree on the repetition. I would never pay full price for it. One of my friends bought it. I would have regretted the purchase.

Demos can give you a nice feel for a game. Look on the Xbox Live Marketplace for demos of games you're interested in.

MonkeyFen
Moonlight_HuangHou
MonkeyFen
0Moon_Maiden0

Do I really need this?

Me too

Sometimes you can't even rely on that. One of my favorite Xbox games, Sonic Unleashed (Shut up!), was bashed to death by critics and fans of the series, but I loved it. Except for the constant quick time events. I didn't like those.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:15 pm
@Dornkus
We tried a bit of Left for dead 2 as a demo and it was fun. But we didn't play it for so long and decided to go out and just buy the first one. >_< Bad idea.
I LOVE how the 360 allows you to try demos by just downloading it so conveniently. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 am
@Dornkus
I heard about the Sonic Unleashed thing.
Critics hated it, but Fans liked it.
I played a demo at Walmart and liked it.
whee

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:14 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
@Dornkus
We tried a bit of Left for dead 2 as a demo and it was fun. But we didn't play it for so long and decided to go out and just buy the first one. >_< Bad idea.
I LOVE how the 360 allows you to try demos by just downloading it so conveniently. ^_^

I know, right? I remember when one would have to go all the way to a store that might have a demo disc that had a game he or she was interested in. Then you had to pay for it.

MonkeyFen
@Dornkus
I heard about the Sonic Unleashed thing.
Critics hated it, but Fans liked it.
I played a demo at Walmart and liked it.
whee

Really? Maybe I've only seen the whiny fans.

Here are things I read and my counters:

"WAAAAAH! Sonic turns into a werewolf and he's slow!"
Hold down the right trigger and he runs on all fours. He's not as fast as regular Sonic, but he's still faster than Mario.

And let's not forget the battlemech levels in Sonic Adventure 2. Fans seem to forget about how slow those levels were.

"Sometimes I die because I didn't know what was up ahead."
That happened all the time in the old games.

"THE MEDALS! U NEED MEDALS 2 MOVE ON!"
I actually never had a problem with having enough medals. All you need to do is explore the levels.

"SONIC IS TOO FAST!"
Wait . . . what?

After I played through Sonic Unleashed, I came to the conclusion that a lot of people are just whiners.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff