WANT Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:43 pm
I'll let the article speak for itself.

I like .22WMR. This gun? YES. Keltec, PLEASE sell it at the stated price point, or below!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:07 pm
Would buy. Preferably not for $400, but there's always used.

Looks like it was made out of LEGOs, though.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:12 pm
It's KELTEC, what do you expect it to look like?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:38 pm
uryu ishida
It's KELTEC, what do you expect it to look like?
Their pocket pistols look decent, the fixed-stock SU-16 would look pretty good without a front sight, but everything else is goofy as hell.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:38 pm
Considering the features and caliber (as well as the bonus of a 30 round magazine), this pistol should come in at a retail price far below $415. We're talking KelTec, not Smith and Wesson.

So many good guns wind up never leaving the factory because they can't get the idea that this economy will not support $400 .22 mag pistols made of plastic. May as well get a Taurus or Ruger Single 6 Stainless for that money.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OO23OO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:23 pm
Looks like a Five.seveN raped the Hk pistols in 4.6 that never got off the ground. I want.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:48 pm
They actually took the concept for a high-capacity .22 Magnum pistol from the Grendel. They might make a carbine version, too!  

uryu ishida

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm
uryu ishida
They actually took the concept for a high-capacity .22 Magnum pistol from the Grendel. They might make a carbine version, too!
I like me some Kel Tec carbine!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:28 pm
OO23OO
uryu ishida
I sure hope they make one. If they keep the doublestack, that'll be a damn near 100 round magazine for the size of a 30-round STANAG. If they make them use the same magazines as the pistol, it'll be FUKIN WIN!  

uryu ishida

Shrantic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:15 pm
Sweet!

Isn't the .22 Magnum somewhat similar to the 5.7? Or was that another cartridge.

Either way, a 30-round magazine in a pistol is epic.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 pm
Shrantic
Sweet!

Isn't the .22 Magnum somewhat similar to the 5.7? Or was that another cartridge.

Other way around. 5.7 is close to .22WMR. Though it has a bit more power out of a pistol-length barrel, they are damn close to exactly the same out of a carbine barrel. .22WMR will cut right through a soft Level IV vest out of a carbine barrel (small and very fast--Level IV is for larger and slower, but high-energy rounds)  

uryu ishida

Shrantic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:32 pm
uryu ishida
Shrantic
Sweet!

Other way around. 5.7 is close to .22WMR.
If 5.7 ≈ .22WMG, then .22WMG ≈ 5.7. There are no semantics involved, they are just both true.
Quote:
Though it has a bit more power out of a pistol-length barrel, they are damn close to exactly the same out of a carbine barrel. .22WMR will cut right through a soft Level IV vest out of a carbine barrel (small and very fast--Level IV is for larger and slower, but high-energy rounds)
I wonder if this'll become the new media "cop-killer" gun.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:10 pm
Shrantic
uryu ishida
Shrantic
Sweet!

Other way around. 5.7 is close to .22WMR.
If 5.7 ≈ .22WMG, then .22WMG ≈ 5.7. There are no semantics involved, they are just both true.
Quote:
Though it has a bit more power out of a pistol-length barrel, they are damn close to exactly the same out of a carbine barrel. .22WMR will cut right through a soft Level IV vest out of a carbine barrel (small and very fast--Level IV is for larger and slower, but high-energy rounds)
I wonder if this'll become the new media "cop-killer" gun.
.22WMR is older. Hence, 5.7 is closer to it than the other way around. It could be said that 5.7 was modeled after it, but there are key differences like 5.7 being centerfire and necked down.

Not out of a pistol-length barrel. Only a carbine-length barrel (16"+, though that's just because that's the legal minimum--it could probably work at 14 or 12.)  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 pm
uryu ishida
OO23OO
uryu ishida
I sure hope they make one. If they keep the doublestack, that'll be a damn near 100 round magazine for the size of a 30-round STANAG. If they make them use the same magazines as the pistol, it'll be FUKIN WIN!
Dude, in that size mag, use Beta C-mag tech and make a double double stack magazine.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff