Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Square Enix Cosplayers Guild

Back to Guilds

Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts, Cosplay, Chat, Gatherings, Roleplaying and Info 

Tags: Cosplay, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Convention, Game 

Reply Main Forum
Have you played any FF games that are before FFVII? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you played any FF games that are BEFORE VII?
  Yes
  No
  I've played them all!
View Results

Nikki Rydia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 am
It's so great to see that people are so passionate about the Final Fantasy world, but sometimes I feel like the classics have been forgotten. It would be so wonderful if the newer generation of fans knew where it all began.

I would love to talk about the old games with some people. I have played them all. These are the classics:

Final Fantasy (the original on NES, now on PS1, PSP, and GBA)
Final Fantasy II (was only on Famicon, now on PS1, PSP, and GBA)
Final Fantasy III (was only on Famicon, now on DS)
Final Fantasy IV (Known as II on SNES, now on PS1, GBA, and DS)
Final Fantasy V (was only on Super Famicon, now on PS1, and GBA)
Final Fantasy VI (Known as III on SNES, now on PS1, and GBA)

The Mystic Quest games also count!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:14 am
Hey Nikki feel free to send me a PM! I too wouldn't mind having someone to discuss the older games with. I have played them all aswell.

Though of the early ones i must admit i preffered IV,V and VI.
To be honest i think those three are better than VII. in my honest opinion VII is over hyped. ^^;

Which also reminds me have you played FF IV: return of the second moon?

I heard about it and it looks so cool...  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Nikki Rydia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:47 am
Screaming Nightshade
Hey Nikki feel free to send me a PM! I too wouldn't mind having someone to discuss the older games with. I have played them all aswell.

To be honest i think those three are better than VII. in my honest opinion VII is over hyped. ^^;

Isn't that on the Wii? I don't have a Wii. (/cry) I would love to play that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 am
Nikki Rydia
Screaming Nightshade

Unfortunately not... otherwise i would willingly fork out the cash for a Wii just to play it but i think it was released on cellphone so i don't think my chances of getting to play are very high. But i read the plot outline and im pretty desperate to play it.

(love the signature by the way)  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Nikki Rydia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:39 pm
Screaming Nightshade
Nikki Rydia
Screaming Nightshade

Unfortunately not... otherwise i would willingly fork out the cash for a Wii just to play it but i think it was released on cellphone so i don't think my chances of getting to play are very high. But i read the plot outline and im pretty desperate to play it.

I'm pretty sure that it was on cellphone back in Japan and they released it on Wii for North America. You just download it on Wii then you play it. Yeah that's the sequel it was on cellphone in Japan. It's called Final Fantasy IV the After or something, now.

(Yes, my signature kicks a**.)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:08 pm
i've played 3, 4 and 5. plus ones that came after 7. ^^  

Memory Manipulator Namine

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

The Real Raijin
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 pm
I can play final fantasy 1-6 but I rarely do, ya know?
I'm currently trying to beat kingdom hearts II.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:04 am
The Real Raijin

Ha ha Kingdom Hearts II...there's only one character in KH that's from before FFVII and that's Setzer from FFVI. Yup. That is so lame. Wow Sqeenix, forgot about your classics?  

Nikki Rydia

Exalt Emmeryn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:57 am
i've played on IV, V and VI but i have I (PS1), II (PS1), III (on DS), IV (PS1), V (PS1), VI (PS1), VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII

My fiance's sister has 3 versions of ff VI... can't remember them though, maybe I'll ask him to find out...

I finished Kingdom hearts II in 5 days.... but i am power-leveling so i can try to beat Sephiroth on both one and two.... (i also have the DS KH game... but i really want chain of memories....)

VI is my personal fave out of all the final fantasy games... for both the game itself and for sentimental reasons.... i got it off both my mam and dad for Christmas. and fforigins for my bday and anthology for the Christmas after that.... (my big bro is annoyed at me coz i have the games he wants...lol)

i just want to find all the characters in the world of ruin part of the game...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:24 am
Nikki Rydia
The Real Raijin

Ha ha Kingdom Hearts II...there's only one character in KH that's from before FFVII and that's Setzer from FFVI. Yup. That is so lame. Wow Sqeenix, forgot about your classics?

Still at least they were nice enough to give us someone like Setzer and not FFIV's Cid. lol.  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:25 am
Nikki Rydia
Screaming Nightshade
Nikki Rydia
Screaming Nightshade

I'm pretty sure that it was on cellphone back in Japan and they released it on Wii for North America. You just download it on Wii then you play it. Yeah that's the sequel it was on cellphone in Japan. It's called Final Fantasy IV the After or something, now.

(Yes, my signature kicks a**.)

Seriously? Wow i need to stay up to date on such things...
If it makes it onto PAL format then i'll make an investment on purchasing a Wii XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:03 am
blue_penguin123
i've played on IV, V and VI but i have I (PS1), II (PS1), III (on DS), IV (PS1), V (PS1), VI (PS1), VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII

My fiance's sister has 3 versions of ff VI... can't remember them though, maybe I'll ask him to find out...

I finished Kingdom hearts II in 5 days.... but i am power-leveling so i can try to beat Sephiroth on both one and two.... (i also have the DS KH game... but i really want chain of memories....)

VI is my personal fave out of all the final fantasy games... for both the game itself and for sentimental reasons.... i got it off both my mam and dad for Christmas. and fforigins for my bday and anthology for the Christmas after that.... (my big bro is annoyed at me coz i have the games he wants...lol)

I know almost every secret in Final Fantasy VI, ha ha. Finding all the characters in the World of Ruin was always so hard for me. The hardest character to get for me is still Locke. You have to find everybody else then go to the Phoenix Cave and blah blah blah you get him. It took me a couple months to figure out you have to wait for Shadow when the Floating Continent is blowing up, otherwise he dies and you can't use him in the World of Ruin.  

Nikki Rydia

Nikki Rydia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:11 am
Screaming Nightshade
Nikki Rydia
The Real Raijin

Still at least they were nice enough to give us someone like Setzer and not FFIV's Cid. lol.

Ha I've never been into Kingdom Hearts so much. I've played the first one but I only played it for like six hours then I got so bored. I played the one on GBA and that was confusing as heck.

Maybe if Kingdom Hearts had more stuff about the classics I would have appreciated it more. (And a straighter storyline, 'cuz DAMN.)

Now that you mention Cid, I think the best Cid is the sixth Cid, and no not from FFVI. If one were a true fan of the classics then one would know that there is no Cid in the original first game so Cid the sixth is Cid in FFVII.

Heh heh I'm such a nerd.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:33 pm
Nikki Rydia
blue_penguin123

I know almost every secret in Final Fantasy VI, ha ha. Finding all the characters in the World of Ruin was always so hard for me. The hardest character to get for me is still Locke. You have to find everybody else then go to the Phoenix Cave and blah blah blah you get him. It took me a couple months to figure out you have to wait for Shadow when the Floating Continent is blowing up, otherwise he dies and you can't use him in the World of Ruin.

Phoenix cave irritates me greatly. But usually i can just have a weak party with mog and his mog charm to avoid battles which makes things easier. and i'm pretty cheap when it comes to difficult enemies and bosses i just you the vanish and doom trick.

It took me so many play throughs to save shadow. To be honest i did it by accident i missed a treasure chest and so i just kept refusing to jump off and then i later discovered if you are determined to stay you can save shadow. Boy was i surprised.

Which reminds me i still don't understand how the colloseum fights work. Chupon always comes in and sneezes me away.  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:38 pm
Nikki Rydia
Screaming Nightshade
Nikki Rydia
The Real Raijin

Ha I've never been into Kingdom Hearts so much. I've played the first one but I only played it for like six hours then I got so bored. I played the one on GBA and that was confusing as heck.

Maybe if Kingdom Hearts had more stuff about the classics I would have appreciated it more. (And a straighter storyline, 'cuz DAMN.)

Now that you mention Cid, I think the best Cid is the sixth Cid, and no not from FFVI. If one were a true fan of the classics then one would know that there is no Cid in the original first game so Cid the sixth is Cid in FFVII.

Heh heh I'm such a nerd.

I'll be honest the only reason i bought the first game is because i heard that it had final fantasy characters in it. Yeah i quite agree the first one can be very boring. theres only one part of the game i really like ^^;
the GBA one i didn't even touch..

Lol, i definitely agree with that.

I thought there was a Cid in the original first game. although you don't see him i'm pretty sure he gets a mention about discovering the levi stone or inventing it or something? Maybe not i don't remember. You're right though FFVII Cid is pretty awesome and the only playable Cid in the more recent FF games.

For me the FFXII Cid was the the let down. I mean usually the Cid's are associated with airships excluding Cid from VI and Cid from VIII unless you want to count Balamb Garden as an airship.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff