The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Dead Characters? (SPOILERS) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which character were you most sorry to see die?
  Cedric Diggory
  Sirius Black
  Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
View Results

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 am
SPOILER WARNING: DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT READ BOOKS 4, 5, OR 6. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK OF RUINING THE BOOKS FOR YOURSELF.

It's basically become a tradition in the last few Harry Potter books to kill someone major. Who were you the most displeased to see go? And why is that so?
As for me, it was the worst with Dumbledore. I'd begun to take it for granted that he would always be there to spout out humorous phrases and help Harry along, and then - WHAM - he's gone. I cried when I read that part, and for some time afterwards as well. I cried a little at Sirius's death, and I thoroughly lament it, but there's something about the nature of it that makes it easier to bear somehow. Probably 'cause he didn't know everything; he was "just" a godfather, a mixture of father and brother to Harry. And Harry was able to shout and scream when Sirius died, but with Dumbledore, he had to just sit there and watch it until they all left, and even when he tried to retaliate against Snape, he couldn't touch him.
Note: Even if you (like me) have an undying hope that Dumbledore is still alive out there somewhere, he's still GONE at least for the time being, and everybody thinks he's dead, so it's still pretty sad.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:39 am
i was really sad to see sirius die, for he was going to be harrys escape and real familly, from the Duslezzes. and just the way he went was well scary beyond belief, they should not have a vailled eternal black pit in the ministry, WTF was that doing their!!!@*%$@#$ to live but be forvever in darkness like u can't turn on a light of anything it's just wrong and to fall ... not the best feeling.  

Takarakoten

Riku Stratus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:36 am
Dumbledore definatly. Throughout the 6th book, the relationship between Harry and Dumbledore becomes more personal. After admitting he was wrong not to tell Harry about the prophacy at the end of the 5th book, it seemed Dumbledore came out from behind the scenes and as he said in the begining of the 6th book, took a more active role in Harry's education, helping Harry understand what he must do to beat Volermort. That and Dumbledore's funeral really didn't help crying !

At the same point in time, since Voldermort has come back to power, it makes sense that he would go after the wizards around Harry because each one just added another barrier the he would have to break through. Especially if anyone of them did as his mother did and used old magic again. I don't know if it would work or apply to a Sirus or Dumbledore though.

The on going question in my mind is where is Harry going to learn more Defense Against the Dark Arts? I mean, Lupin is still in the picture so that is a possibility, or will Harry seek out the person who left their initials inside the locket?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:56 pm
I miss Dumbledore, I even cried when he died which also made me mad because my eyes filled with tears and everything became a blur so I couldn't read any further for a few minutes. Anyway I was the most sad when he died because not only was he one of my favorite characters but he was also the last great defender Harry had. *moment of silence in honer of Dumbledore*  

covo

cyniclee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:19 pm
I was most upset about Sirius. Cedric wasn't mentioned that much until book for so I hadn't grown attatched to him, although it was sad he died so young. Dumbledore was sad, but I kinda figured he would get killed off. I just wasn't expecting it until the last book. So that was a suprise. I actually stopped and read it again because I wasn't sure I had read it right. But Sirius was the biggest suprise and the saddest. Sirius had become family to Harry. It was like loosing his dad all over again. The only real family he had. I think another thing that made it so sad was that we got to read about his feelings. We saw his grief and that was heart breaking for me. With Dumbledore he was still kinda numb but determined and angry at the end of the last book.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:11 pm
Personally I felt more for Dumbledore. It was because he was there from the beginning. We all got so used to him being there being himself, and loving it that it was a great shock to have him gone.  

LadyNyaruInfinity

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:30 am
I agree with all of you *sniff* Why do all the coolest people have to die?! crying crying
Oh, and I thought I might add this comment: When I read the Goblet of Fire, I was hardly grieved beyond "Oh, that's too bad; I feel sorry for his parents" when Cedric died. But then when I saw the movie just recently, I couldn't help but cry when he's just lying there with his eyes wide open, and Harry's sobbing and clutching onto him, and Amos Diggory is screaming, "That's my son! That's my son!" *sob* crying
I'm totally going to die when I see the Order of the Phoenix movie. cry  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:39 pm
I was most upset when Dumbledore died, even though he was being a tad annoying in that book. I think that I missed Cedric more than Sirius, Cedric just seemed more fun. Sirius kept being annoying in the book where he died as well. I never really got why people were so sad that he died.  

Kana.Emiko

_ q u a c k k

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:04 am
i cried and cried when dumbledore died..i couldn't believe it..i always thought that one day..in the 7th book he and harry will kill voldemort together..but NO! he dies...everytime i read the 6th book..i always cry when i read that bit  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:01 am
pucca_399
i cried and cried when dumbledore died..i couldn't believe it..i always thought that one day..in the 7th book he and harry will kill voldemort together..but NO! he dies...everytime i read the 6th book..i always cry when i read that bit

I'm with you there...when I first read the 6th book I had to go back and read it a couple of times to make sure I read it right.  

Riku Stratus

Temaile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:11 am
For me it was Sirius. Just because his death was the most... Well, detailed one described in the book. The other two just... Died. xD You know?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:02 pm
i was most upset about Dumbledore's death because we knew him just about as long as Harry  

visia

DragonLich

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:31 am
For me...although I was sad to see Dumbkedire's death it was Black's death that got to me. I think that Harry could really go to him and wanted to live out the rest of his life with him.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:25 pm
I think siuris death was the saddest because he and harry just meet two yeras before and just as their becomeing greater friends he dieds in the stragest way where no one could have saved him  

Volley_chick

erit_99mx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:38 pm
i think that sirius, he was a very gifted boy, and he died so easy! that sux man, maybe i was hoping that he stand in front of harry meanwhile some deatheater launch the aveda kadabra, but no, wa!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff