I'mma gonna beat someone to death with frozen sausage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 pm
Yahoo News

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) – A judge on Friday blocked a Tennessee law that allowed people to bring handguns into restaurants and bars.

The law that took effect in July allowed handgun owners with permits to pack their pistols in places serving alcohol, providing the establishments made more than half their profits from food.

Nashville Judge Claudia Bonnyman said the law was "fraught with ambiguity" and ruled in favor of a suit brought by restaurant owners who argued gun owners would not be able to determine if an establishment met the criteria.

"We will have vigilantes shooting up bars all over," said Randy Rayburn, the owner of three upscale cafes, who led opponents of the law.

Supporters were considering a possible appeal, or new legislation.

(Reporting by Pat Harris; Editing by Andrew Stern)

gonk scream  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:15 pm
How will they be able to tell? If it says "BAR", they make more than half their profits from alcohol. If you don't know, WALK IN AND ASK. THAT'S ALLOWED.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:46 pm
yeah...I really don't think it's a good idea to take a gun into a place where you are going to have a few drinks. I mean, I am a more than logical person, to the point where I think out what I am going to say and the counterpoints before I say it. But after a few....I'll leave that scene up to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:12 pm
Currently, there are more than 30 states with a similar law on the books, without the same illogical arguments. Largely because they've had the laws for a while.

If the majority of profit is made with food orders, and the carrier does not drink, it's perfectly legal. Well, WAS perfectly legal, anyway. If the majority of sales were alcohol (and especially for on-premises consumption), it wasn't legal. It wasn't a guns-in-bars law, it was a guns-in-restaurants-that-happen-to-have-liquor-licenses law.  

uryu ishida

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm
Man of the Demoneye
yeah...I really don't think it's a good idea to take a gun into a place where you are going to have a few drinks. I mean, I am a more than logical person, to the point where I think out what I am going to say and the counterpoints before I say it. But after a few....I'll leave that scene up to you.
This says nothing about the CCW carrier drinking, it says that the place they go to serves alcohol. Drinking while carrying is still illegal. This makes going to the Outback Stakehouse and ordering a Bloomin' Onion and a Coke illegal, because someone else there is drinking a beer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:55 pm
As sort of an on/off topic note, may I suggest using a smoke neck. It is big and delicious. You could probably get it going with some force.

Edit: Why can't I find a picture of it on google? You'd think people would recognize its giant boiled greatness.  

Man of the Demoneye

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:56 pm
I choose you!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2 meters long and 90 kilograms. Should make for a nice wake up call, even not frozen.

On a related note maybe i should turn safe search on next time i search sausage on google images...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm
THE STAINLESS STEEL RAT WANTS YOU!  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 pm
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

Sounds smexy and delicious. MMMM Good Bratwurst, GOOOD.

On a related note, pertaining to this topic, lawfully they cannot make any law that suppresses gun users' rights. They've already settled this in the supreme court.

It happened quite some time ago, when anti-gun associations brought it to the supreme court to ban usage of guns by the ordinary people. The Supreme Court ruled, 7 to 2 I might add, that "no, people can." This has essentially crushed the foundation of every anti-gun organization/cult out there. And their ruling also basically says that no, they can carry guns. Although I don't know if this really counts, it's a good idea, but not a good APPEALING idea for guns owners by suppressing their rights.

I don't have any 'proof' of the ruling either, I can't remember where I saw it, if I saw it at all.

-Darth Vader: The Original Trilogy

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff