Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Potato filled with icing?
  No thanks, I'd prefer a sausage fry please
  Yes please! Hold the spinach
View Results

KimCL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm always in mini shops browsing around for a Twilight shop or anything related to it. The only thing I can seem to find is hate threads in CB. It makes me sad, really. Then Gaia has to be a smart a** by making the item of *sparkling skin* and the caption is "I'm A MONSTER* and it's a dirt cheap item.

I mean, I'm a fan of Harry Potter, every time one of the movies come out you will see all kinds of HP related items and such. I just wonder sometimes...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm
I can honestly say I don't have a clue.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

KimCL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:54 pm

It's sad...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 am
It's a bummer. I think it's partially because a lot of people hate the hype around Twilight more than they hate Twilight itself, something which has always irritated me and never made sense to me, but I know it's a fairly common thing. Example: some girls at my school read Twilight, and loved it, couldn't stop talking about it, but then they found out how popular it was, and it was then that they started hating on it. It's ridiculous.

On a related note, some haters might be irritated with the overly-obsessed, fanatical fans. Heck, I'M an avid Twilight fan, and even I get annoyed/creeped out by the girls who scream every time Robert Pattinson touches his hair or who ask him to bite them. A lot of fans are obnoxious about it, and this is probably also part of what annoys people. Again, I don't think that hating the fans justifies hating the thing the fans are fans of, but I think that, unfortunately, it's a factor.

One final theory: as much as I hate to admit it, people who actually do hate Twilight for its own sake (and not just for its hype or its fans) do have a few legitimate points. The writing style is a little immature, the proofreading/editing job is horrible, Bella can be annoying, and Stephenie does seem to contradict herself sometimes.

By the way, I am an AVID Twilight fan. I don't hate the books, it's just that I can step back enough to see why other people might have problems with them.

Just my two cents.

P.S. KimCL, where'd you see the sparkly skin? I'd be interested in buying that... biggrin  

Glitterbean

Candyfloss is yummy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:01 am
it is weird i like twilight + new moon but i'm not crazy and scream it all the time ninja (well sometimes)

p.s it is blueish wearing it at moment repeat at moment probaly have changed by the time you read this  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:40 pm
Some that I know hate the books have very valid points, hell i hate them some times.
The movies though I like better than the books which is sad.
I just hate that they miss so much which would enhance the movies ten fold.

Many say that Stephanie didn't deserve all teh reconition for the books that she got, I have to agree... she's no Anne Rice or Christopher Pike and honestly many hate how she made the main vampires such.. whimps (had another word in mind but I don't think it'd be right.. lol)
Like even the villains in the series aren't.... as demonic and monstrous as vampires usually are.

I don't even think Harry Potter was hated as bad a Twilight. What were they going to say though about HP? It's got a very intricate plot line and the writing is at times mind blowing. It was a very good grow with you book as I started reading it when I was 11 and kept going with it when each book came out.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:00 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
Some that I know hate the books have very valid points, hell i hate them some times.
The movies though I like better than the books which is sad.
I just hate that they miss so much which would enhance the movies ten fold.

Many say that Stephanie didn't deserve all teh reconition for the books that she got, I have to agree... she's no Anne Rice or Christopher Pike and honestly many hate how she made the main vampires such.. whimps (had another word in mind but I don't think it'd be right.. lol)
Like even the villains in the series aren't.... as demonic and monstrous as vampires usually are.

I don't even think Harry Potter was hated as bad a Twilight. What were they going to say though about HP? It's got a very intricate plot line and the writing is at times mind blowing. It was a very good grow with you book as I started reading it when I was 11 and kept going with it when each book came out.

That's true though I was not impressed with the DH Epilogue but it was still good. The writing for HP is much better than Twilight now that I'm over my obsessed phase. I can step back and realize that HP has a much better plot than the Twilight Saga does.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:08 pm
You can get Twilight Sparkling Skin in the marketplace for about 4k.

I agree on the sense that most of the Twilight fans are quite annoying. (I'm talking about the ones who are obsessed with Taylor&Robert) Like the Twilight fans who post threads about it in the wrong forums on Gaia...people start smashing them so fast & hard. It's not enough for one person to tell the maker of the forum that it should be moved, everyone online has to. People on Gaia are just so rude these days, and if they have a decent avatar they think they own the place. Ok sorry I just went off about Gaians it's been bugging me. But I do understand why a lot of people resent Twilight because of the fan base. My boyfriend hates Twilight, I had to practically drag him into the theaters just because he hated to see the tweens boggling over Edward.

No one really had anything bad to say about Harry Potter, except the over religious older groups of people. (Not meaning to offend anyone AT ALL) But Gaia didn't hate Harry Potter at all, Gaia embraced it.  

KimCL

hugcx hvgvcvjbv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:44 am
yea i see were you guys are going with this. i was wondering the same thing a while ago i myself love twilight but i can see myself in anothers shoes and see why they dont like twilight.You see for me before twiligh i was never really a reader, of course i was a advanced reader but i hated reading.When i saw the book twilight i thought looked cool which was weird cuz im very picki with some things and mostly with books.Ok so when i saw the twilight book i thought it looked cool and all i knew about was that it was a bout a girl who falls in love with a vampire.So you see now i was acctually curius about the book but remember that at the time i hated reading but i was stiill curius.So i thought that maybe they'd just make a movie later.And so a few years later they did and my uncle went to go see it with my cusin.ok so my cusin didnt want to see it i did but decide to wait a while longer until it wasnt so full in theters.So when my cusin comes back from the movie shes totally obsessed and uncle thinks shes crazy.She was so obsessed she got the book she had always enjoyed reading.I always thought she was crazy for reading but when i saw the movie understod why she wanted to read the book i liked the movie so much it reminded me of my curiosity when i was yunger i was almost tempted to buy the book back then.But after i saw i took a chance to try reading the book because by then i still hated reading.But stephenie amazed me i fell in love with the series and it made me feel disapointed about the movie dont get me wrong i still liked i just wished they wold have keept a little closer to book.So any ways that wath happend twilight was technically the fist book i ever read by my choice.From then on i kind of enjoyed reading not all obsessed like but to were i dint mind reading now i read just a little more often to before im still picki and like i said before even more picki for books but now and then i do find ones that catch my eye so i thank twilight for changing my life even if it was only by a little it feelt like a big change for me at the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:57 pm
@KimCL: The Twilight fanbase, or at least the crazy-obsessive section which has collectively been nicknamed the 'Twitards', is renowned for their horrible misspelling, use of chatspeak in inappropriate setting, and also for the violent reprisals against anyone who shows a dissenting opinion over the series. I know that many antis have received death threats or sometimes worse since there is a list of attacks against people who have expressed even neutral opinions on the books. Twitards are, to put it mildly, scary.

I am quickly going to say that I've luckily enough never encountered a Twitard on this guild. Most of the Twitards inhabit the forums and threads there, and usually lash out at anyone and everything along with cluttering the book forum with Twilight spam threads. You can't exactly begrudge the antis for hating the fanbase. Hell, I'm an intelligent fan of the series and I don't like being associated with the extremist section of the fanbase because it's insane.

You seriously never want to be associated with them. Ever. And I've gotten death threats from them, been called nasty names by them... but I have luckily escaped any physical reprisals for my opinions.

Twilight Scribe

Angelheart1700

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:51 pm
I agree. That skin looks nothing like our vampire's skin.

But Louie makes up for that! lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:48 pm
Another example of crazy fan behavior: apparently, it's become a trend for Twilighters to steal Burger King's life-size posters and cardboard cut-outs of Edward and Jacob. In broad daylight. Also, apparently, some Burger Kings have had to put up signs asking people not to kiss the cardboard figures. Seriously? I mean, who kisses a cardboard figure of Robert Pattinson? He's NOT Edward Cullen, he's an actor who PLAYS Edward Cullen. And it's not even Robert Pattinson. It's a cardboard cut-out of Robert Pattinson. Sheesh.

No offense intended for anyone here who may have done this...But I would hope that no one here has done this. rolleyes

On the other hand, I do find it humorous (but not surprising) that no one is trying to steal the Bella or Alice cut-outs. blaugh  

Glitterbean

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:41 pm
Now I'm very glad that I don't go to Burger King. I don't think that I could stomach the craziness. Seriously. Then again... would totally take a cardboard cut-out of either Zachary Quinto as Spock or Chris Pine as Captain Kirk But damn, those two men are fiiiine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 am
Glitterbean
Another example of crazy fan behavior: apparently, it's become a trend for Twilighters to steal Burger King's life-size posters and cardboard cut-outs of Edward and Jacob. In broad daylight. Also, apparently, some Burger Kings have had to put up signs asking people not to kiss the cardboard figures. Seriously? I mean, who kisses a cardboard figure of Robert Pattinson? He's NOT Edward Cullen, he's an actor who PLAYS Edward Cullen. And it's not even Robert Pattinson. It's a cardboard cut-out of Robert Pattinson. Sheesh.

No offense intended for anyone here who may have done this...But I would hope that no one here has done this. rolleyes

On the other hand, I do find it humorous (but not surprising) that no one is trying to steal the Bella or Alice cut-outs. blaugh

My boyfriend actually knows people who would do this. He refuses to even touch Twilight because of the Twitards. He won't even give it a chance. I think it's kind of sad but I won't pressure him into reading it or watching it. He and a friend of his are actually planning to buy a dirt cheap copy of New Moon and take it to walmart where the Twitards hang out and play tug of war with the book until it rips. They would then leave it on the ground.

An interesting note my boyfriend actually had New Moon thrown at his head because he insulted the Twitards about Edward. Well Rob really he messed up Robert Pattison's name and they got mad and threw the book at him.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 pm
Oh, I've been called a gothic b***h by a Twitard. I've also received dirty glares and one or two threats of violence against my person, and while this isn't too surprising since I've seen and heard of what they can be capable of, it's actually relative mild. The worst thing is the violence I'm sure would be given out to me if they ever were to discover that I write Twilight fanfiction and that none of it stars their precious Edward and Bella.

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff