Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Should I buy a PS2?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:26 pm
I've been wanting one for the longest time and now that they're so cheap, I'm tempted to buy one. DX

I've been Nintendo ALL my life, never owning anything else. But now I kinda regret it because I've missed out on PS and PS2 games. D:/

So for those who were fortunate enough to own a PS2, should I buy it or not??  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:42 pm
Might as well since they are cheap. And you can a whole lot of games cheap.  

we23rwefwe

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:47 pm
True. :/

I guess my real problem is whether to buy my own DS, older GC games or a PS2. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:43 pm
Well, if you're comfortable with telling us, how much money do you have to spend on vidya games?  

nitnit
Captain

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:49 pm
About $90. n.n;

Of course I can just continue to borrow my little brother's DS since he hardly plays it, and I can just reminisce about the fun GC games.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Buy a Ps2
Get a couple of games
WIth left over money get GC games their Dirt Cheap!

the only GCgame that ive seen only 10.00 was Legend Of Zelda  

ArcanaXVIII

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:15 pm
I'm feeling a bit more confident now that I've had advice from my cousin who has a PS2. But you guys are welcome to convince me more. :3

I have a gut feeling inside me saying that if I don't get one I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life. D:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:14 am
buy a ps2.
you can go online on ebay or w/e to find some new ps2 games and ps games.
you can even play ffVII XD
i've been a nintendo girl but now im more of a ps girl ;p  

Hatchet Girl 1990

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:29 pm
I'd advise against a gamecube, unless you absolutely abhor all of the Wii games (You can play gamecube games on the Wii)

The PS2 is definitely a good choice however if you're a fan of action and jRPG games. Make sure you buy a PS1 memory card to play PS1 games. Also, I'd recommend the original PS2 over the slim. Not only is it cheaper, but the slim has a tendency to overheat if used for too long since it doesn't have strong fans.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:24 pm
Well, I have three Gamecubes and a Wii but that's not really the point. XD

Thanks for the advice nit. :>  

Mezzo_Forte

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:07 pm
nitnit
I'd advise against a gamecube, unless you absolutely abhor all of the Wii games (You can play gamecube games on the Wii)

The PS2 is definitely a good choice however if you're a fan of action and jRPG games. Make sure you buy a PS1 memory card to play PS1 games. Also, I'd recommend the original PS2 over the slim. Not only is it cheaper, but the slim has a tendency to overheat if used for too long since it doesn't have strong fans.

Jon: "Hey Luke, lets buy a downgraded version of a ps for more money!"
Luke: "Liar, the slims almost never overheat. They realized the ps2 has no need for a fan like they had in the original models."

asljfdgf;ladskjahdg;halfskjadhgsfklj;adhg;kl  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:16 pm
I'm just looking for a version that will last longer....
sweatdrop
The only difference I see with the original and the slim was the obvious size and that the slim is "online ready" or something like that. :/  

Mezzo_Forte

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:45 pm
Mezzo_Forte
I'm just looking for a version that will last longer....
sweatdrop
The only difference I see with the original and the slim was the obvious size and that the slim is "online ready" or something like that. :/

You don't need to bother with online for ps2. I would go for the original, just because it's a bit cheaper. I don't see a problem with either model not lasting.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:21 am
Jonnnn
nitnit

Jon: "Hey Luke, lets buy a downgraded version of a ps for more money!"
Luke: "Liar, the slims almost never overheat. They realized the ps2 has no need for a fan like they had in the original models."

asljfdgf;ladskjahdg;halfskjadhgsfklj;adhg;kl

I was hoping you'd catch on to that..! *evil laugh*  

nitnit
Captain

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am
go for the PS2!!!! it's really great! i've got really awesome games for it including all 3 Kingdom Hearts games, all Silent Hill games, and FFXII, X, and X-2!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff