No
View Results

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 am
Ok well I recently came out of the closet (bi) and I was going out with this really nice guy, well we were going to go drive out to AZ. We stopped at a truck stop but we were holding hand s and when we got into the store to buy some chips and soda the cashier saw us kiss and wouldn't sell us the chips and soda...that made me so mad and I said to my bf at the time "what is this world coming to when they wont sell us foods or dinks for liking the same sex?" Well thanks for listening but to the point. Where do you stand should they allow same sex marriage with out having to move to a different state?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 am
that's pathetic. i'm all for it, but everyone has tehir opinions i guess. stil that shouldn't affect how tehy treat you - he wouldn't refuse service to a black guy would he?
Anyways, as they say in Family guy - gay people have just as much of a right to marry each otehr and be miserbale as straight people lol
I mean nowadays marriage is often a sham, so tehre's even less reasons to argue agaisnt it.

But on serious terms, if you love someone and you live together you shoudl be abel to be married both to show your love and committment for each otehr, and also to legally bind yourselves ot one anotehr to make thinsg fair if one of you dies or you adopt children etc etc  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:18 am
I'm friends with several people who are bi or gay. I admit I was surprised at first because as one friend put it....my 'gay-dar' is broken. But as it turned out my relationship with them hasn't changed and they're still the same person as before.

As for marriage-I don't see why they can't get married. I know people keep saying that the bible states that marriage is between a man and a woman....but the government shouldn't bring religion into this. Besides-no matter who you worship and pray to....as long as you're happy it should be ok with the head hancho since that's the way he made you.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:16 am
='D two people who dont mind if I marry who I want  

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:59 am
dragontamer363
he wouldn't refuse service to a black guy would he?
He was black....  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 pm
lol, ok then.
well you know what i mean in principle - certain forms of discrimination aren't socially or legally acceptable any more. It sucks that this form of discrimination still is  

dragontamer363
Crew

Red Groovy Kroovy

3,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:50 pm
yeh I know.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 pm
Oh that's just terrible.
I would be pissed.
I believe in Nevada we just passed a bill or whatever that allows Civil Unions.
But that's kind of beside the point since a lot of gay people don't even like civil unions, though I believe that gives the same rights as marriage.

I tend not to take anything seriously
But my friends have some "gay tendencies" which brings out my "gay tendencies"
My school must think we're some kind of lesbian orgy by now.
(It's not cutesy "I love you!" to your best female friend, my friends grope and talk dirty to each other and flirt)
And I find it hilarious to push people's buttons and stuff.
If they can't accept you, then you don't need to conform to them.
(I've found that the a lot of the really homophobic people are the really insecure ones)
Though of course, that's not always true.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:19 pm
Zizzykitty

I tend not to take anything seriously
But my friends have some "gay tendencies" which brings out my "gay tendencies"
My school must think we're some kind of lesbian orgy by now.
(It's not cutesy "I love you!" to your best female friend, my friends grope and talk dirty to each other and flirt)
And I find it hilarious to push people's buttons and stuff.
If they can't accept you, then you don't need to conform to them.
(I've found that the a lot of the really homophobic people are the really insecure ones)
Though of course, that's not always true.

My friends and I do the same thing...... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:57 pm
What an idiot. A sale is a sale. If you were breaking stuff, I'd understand if he refused to serve you, but all he did was make it so his shop received less money.

My views, though? It's not my nor the government's business. I don't think that same sex marriage should be a decision of the government, I think it should be a decision of the church.

Odds are, many churches would probably stay with the (excuse my wording) traditional rules of marriage, but, believe it or not, there are churches that would be more than willing to perform same sex marriages.

I'm a little tired of the debates, though.

Zizzykitty
I believe in Nevada we just passed a bill or whatever that allows Civil Unions.
But that's kind of beside the point since a lot of gay people don't even like civil unions, though I believe that gives the same rights as marriage.

A bill was recently passed in my state that gave civil unions the same rights as marriage, so it may or may not allow the same rights in your state.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:17 am
Hmph....That guy is a real idiot. Seriously now, it's not like he's losing anything by allowing you to buy those merchandise and on the other hand does he even own the store? If not he has no right to say weather or not he'll allow you to purchase those items or not!

I agree with DT:
"certain forms of discrimination aren't socially or legally acceptable any more. It sucks that this form of discrimination still is"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 am
Rude....
I'm not gay but sometimes my friends and I...one in particular comes to mind named mary, pretend to be a couple because we like to elicit that awkwardness out of crowds. I guess in our minds if we keep subjecting people to this kind of stimulus they really have no choice but to adapt.

Had I been in your situation I probably would have done something about it. Hell...it did not happen to me and still I want to do something about it. Like call the cops, or make a formal protest to the owner...start telling people about the exact place and make him lose business...cause a sit in...lol I could go on for a while cuz that kind of rudeness is just inexcusable.

I support loving people it matters not the race or gender.  

VampressLeona

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 pm
*admires*
Wow! Well said VampressLeona!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:25 pm
smile redface smile thanks Moonlight  

VampressLeona

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm
here here! (or is it hear hear! ..hmm)

First we had racsism and we almost sorted that out (at least made leaps and bounds)
then we had feminism and we almost completely sorted that out.
Now we have gay pride that's still being fought so they're not treated as second class citizens.  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff